Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo Offer Expires on 8th January

Options
  • 28-12-2019 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭

"What happens with GoMo after 8th January?

We aren’t going anywhere, GoMo has exciting things planned for 2020 so watch this space!"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭rn

Hopefully one of those exciting things is a network that actually works!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Hopefully better coverage down the country. I was doing a bit of travelling over the Christmas and came across no coverage more often than not. Dublin is perfect and the surrounding counties, but outside of these their coverage is weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Hopefully better coverage down the country. I was doing a bit of travelling over the Christmas and came across no coverage more often than not. Dublin is perfect and the surrounding counties, but outside of these their coverage is weak.

Don't know about that .. I'm in Cork a bit and usually have internet radio streaming through the phone on the trip down the motorway and bar a few cut outs for 20/30 seconds in Tipperary it's fine.

No problem either at work or home. You have to remember that eir's network is the middle of the 3 primary operators. If you want better, go to Vodafone (which isn't much better in my experience!) but you'll pay a lot for it.

For a tenner, this is perfect IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Don't know about that .. I'm in Cork a bit and usually have internet radio streaming through the phone on the trip down the motorway and bar a few cut outs for 20/30 seconds in Tipperary it's fine.

No problem either at work or home. You have to remember that eir's network is the middle of the 3 primary operators. If you want better, go to Vodafone (which isn't much better in my experience!) but you'll pay a lot for it.

For a tenner, this is perfect IMO

Disagree.

For data users (most people) Eir is bottom of the pile. They simply have too few sites active at present.

Vodafone used to be top dog - three have caught up. 180Mb easy in Dublin and parts of rural Cavan I visit its the only MNO with service. Both nets are on par now. VF used to get all corp clients - now loads are with Three instead.

ED E wrote: »
    Disagree.

For data users (most people) Eir is bottom of the pile. They simply have too few sites active at present.

Vodafone used to be top dog - three have caught up. 180Mb easy in Dublin and parts of rural Cavan I visit its the only MNO with service. Both nets are on par now. VF used to get all corp clients - now loads are with Three instead.
    My wife is on three for corporate and I'm on VF. She still complains of limited data and a few dropped calls and black spots in leinster. She's on the road a lot. I've corporate on VF and it's very reliable. Midlands, kildare and Dublin are areas I'm operating in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

After the 8th of Jan the New Price for the same plan will be €14.99 for new customers joining.

Hope this helps ,

CVB

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Still a decent price.

Not a bad price at all. Still one of the cheapest out there.

A cent cheaper than lycamobile Ireland plus plan. Lyca has a lower, but still generous 25gb data limit. But you do get your 2fa texts.

So if you want a mobile service, lyca definitely a better spend. If you want more data for home router, then gomo.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

rn wrote: »
    A cent cheaper than lycamobile Ireland plus plan. Lyca has a lower, but still generous 25gb data limit. But you do get your 2fa texts.

So if you want a mobile service, lyca definitely a better spend. If you want more data for home router, then gomo.

I honestly dont understand this 2fa issue, Ive switched more than 10 people to GoMo, 6 of them are immediate family members and none of them are having issues with 2fa. We've all been receiving texts from out banks, microsoft, amazon, VirginMedia, paypal, DPD, AuthCode, AnPost, Telegram, and Whatapp to name a few.

I had some family members using Lyca a few years back and honestly, I would wish them on anyone, they were an awful company to deal with.

• Advertisement

I haven't experienced a 2fa issue yet and heres hoping I don't. Received a 2fa from the credit union earlier today.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I honestly dont understand this 2fa issue, Ive switched more than 10 people to GoMo, 6 of them are immediate family members and none of them are having issues with 2fa. We've all been receiving texts from out banks, microsoft, amazon, VirginMedia, paypal, DPD, AuthCode, AnPost, Telegram, and Whatapp to name a few.

I had some family members using Lyca a few years back and honestly, I would wish them on anyone, they were an awful company to deal with.
    You've been lucky. The problem of course isn't that we can't get them, it's more gomos inept response to tackling it.

I haven't experienced a 2fa issue yet and heres hoping I don't. Received a 2fa from the credit union earlier today.

You've been lucky and good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

They've extended the €9.99 offer until the 15 Jan. I had awful hassle porting but had a huge delay in identifying the issue due to gomo support. Ironically it was Vodafone who wasn't releasing the number to gomo due to no good reason but inline with above comments it took me two weeks to identify it was a Vodafone issue due to GoMo's very limited support. Took complaint to comreg to resolve. Works perfectly including 2fa since.

Jim

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

Ordered on 5th, website says 3 working days to arrive... how long have others waited?

Advertisement