Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mid Range PC Build

Options
  • 28-12-2019 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Finally getting around to building a new system. Currently going to strip the 600W OCZ PSU, SSD and HDD from my old system.

1. What is your budget? [~€600 - €700]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/ Internet]

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Hard drive/DVD Drive/Case/PSU/etc.] PSU, SSD, HDD

5. Do you need a monitor? [No]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1080p, happy enough without 4k]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.] - No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Possibly]

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Laser/Cash]

9. When are you purchasing? [ASAP]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [Should be ok, but D12]

Currently have the following in my basket (bulk probably will come from Amazon as I have a £100 voucher):
    Ryzen 5 3600
    MSI B450 Gaming Plus Mobo
    Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM

Few additional questions:
    • Saw it on a thread below and was wondering is it really worthwhile to go with a 3600 rather than 2600?
    • Been out of the loop with new ranges of GPUs, but heard that AMD now has superiority in the market with regards to quality, is this true or just fanboying from others?

Any help appreciated!

Comments

Advertisement