Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twat reversed into car. What next?

• 28-12-2019 4:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭

Thanks all. Mods, you can delete

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Inform your insurers for record purposes, as you are obliged to do. If you have witnesses or dashcam, contact his insurers and lodge a claim. Without those, put it down to experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭jmreire

Unless you have dash cam footage, or witnesses..you could be on a very sticky wicket.He said you hit me / you say he reversed into me....( don't get me wrong...I'm not doubting your word ) I would have reported to both the Gardaí and your Insurance as a priority. If there is no damage done, then it might just all go away. But don't depend on that happening. And if it goes belly up, then it could get very problematic, the way insurance and compensation is at the moment in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

Find out if there's CCTV in the car park.

Also, your horn will be better than shouting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭kravmaga

In a busy shopping centre car park today looking for parking and the chap in front decided he should have turned right just as he drove past the entrance. He decides to reverse without checking his mirrors and reverses into me. Knew it was going to happen and was shouting 'stop' and waving my hands but he didn't see. I couldn't reverse back as there was a line of cars behind.

Hardly any damage done bar a few small scratches. He denied it of course once I took his insurance details and reg plate. He said he was going to call the guards so I said that was fine but that they wouldn't come out for that but had no problem in waiting. After a ten minute stand off we both drove away. I have pictures of his bumper and there's no sign of any damage.

What now? Should I phone my insurance company and tell them of the incident? There's no point in making a claim for a few small scratches. Should it be put on record just in case? If I say nothing and then he decides to make a claim against me will I look bad for not informing them?

Any advice?

I would report it to your local Garda station, date, time, reg number , insurance details of the car that reversed into you. IMO its his fault as he reversed into you as you were in a stationary position.

I would also out of courtesy inform your insurance company, this idiot could put a personal injury claim in, the way things are nowadays , best to report it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

kravmaga wrote: »
    I would also out of courtesy inform your insurance company, this idiot could put a personal injury claim in, the way things are nowadays , best to report it.

It's not courtesy. You are obliged to. Read your policy

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement