Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSD

Options
  • 28-12-2019 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I currently have a 250MB SSD for my C drive but it's getting a bit full. I'm looking to upgrade, maybe to a 1TB drive. Any recommendations as to what brands etc I should look at and the best place to buy for price?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Leave the 250gb ssd as it is and add another ssd, i use Samsung Evo 860 for games and a WD blue for storing movies and random files.
    not much difference in having OS on a faster SSD. Keep everything important on the non OS drive, makes reinstalling windows so much easier

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭mossie

Thanks. I've more or less been doing this all along with all my files etc on a decond (non ssd) drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,451 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

has anyone had any real world experience with Optane/StoreMi?
    it sounds like a great concept but nobody seems to use it or talk about it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Skerries wrote: »
    has anyone had any real world experience with Optane/StoreMi?
    it sounds like a great concept but nobody seems to use it or talk about it
    StoreMI sounds good in theory - but I decided against once I realised it's basically Raid 0 (1 drive fails = whole array fails)

Optane also sounds good in theory - but it's expensive & no consumer programs really take advantage of its low latency (other than Star Citizen?)

Advertisement