Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G hotel Galway or Maryborough Cork?

Options
  • 28-12-2019 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi, Hoping to go away with hubby for 2 night break in the spring. Have kind of narrowed it down to these two hotels and wondering which people might recommend of the two? Looking for a nice, relaxing break that wont break the bank!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I’ve never stayed in the G hotel but the Maryborough is fab. Restaurant food is lovely, the spa is unreal and I couldn’t recommend it highly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I second Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I’ve been in both, they are both ESPA, both 5 star, both really lovely and relaxing. Can’t go wrong with either.

Is your husband going to the pool too? that is one significant difference between them. In the maryborough , the men’s and women’s spa pools are segregated. Two pools, and you have to go through the male changing area to get to the mens pool, or the women’s changing area to get to the ladies pool.

In the G, both genders use the same pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

They're both fabulous but for setting, Maryborough wins. The G is effectively in a retail park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Caranica wrote: »
    They're both fabulous but for setting, Maryborough wins. The G is effectively in a retail park

I’m from Cork. The maryborough has nicer grounds, with it’s car park in a bit of woodland, but it still is effectively in a housing estate in the suburbs outside the city, closer to douglas. You can walk to nothing from there either, would’ve thought at least the G is nearer to the city center. Location would be much of a muchness for me. Neither are city central, neither are rural idylls either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement