Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 21 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

bodking wrote: »
    I'm thinking of Zaha - West ham mid .5 in the bank in prep for GW 24 . Zaha is away to Norwich whilst WH are home to Bournemouth , should I wait till next week and have a double transfer ?

Wait and see what Moyes does with his line up

Which would you go for

Ings + Willian

OR

DCL + Tony Two Gloves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

It all depends on your team set up so can't really help you on this .

Sorry I should have mentioned I have Liverpool cover in Robertson and Mane already with KDB and Sterling. Thinking of going big on Liverpool as City don't inspire confidence at the moment
    loadwire wrote: »
    If you don't already have him I would do Raz to KDB first. If you have KDB then its a good move IMO. Usually with the premiums my policy is to stick with I have because they should return to their norm over longer periods of the season and switching risks missing out on good weeks after a bad spell. I broke my own rule and got stung recently switching from Mo to Mane and missing Mo's returns. Currently I have Mo Mane and KDB.

Same as above, have KDB so getting his returns. I'm normally the same but Sterling is annoying as I've been stubborn and kept with meaning an expensive player just not returning. Might just leave as is for this GW and see after the FA Cup break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Aurier/Abraham out.
    Gomez/Jimi in. No hit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,115 ✭✭✭893bet

Alli out I think if he is going to drop before the deadline. Otherwise bank and give him one more week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm thinking of Zaha - West ham mid .5 in the bank in prep for GW 24 . Zaha is away to Norwich whilst WH are home to Bournemouth , should I wait till next week and have a double transfer ?

WH are currently one of the worst teams in the league. They have a DGW against the 2 best teams in the league. No idea why anyone would currently be getting in a WH player. There’s plenty of single game week players who will our score them in GW24 alone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Green&Red wrote: »
    Which would you go for

Ings + Willian

OR

DCL + Tony Two Gloves?

Tony Two Gloves?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Tony Two Gloves?

Martial I'm guessing

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bodking

Sorry I should have mentioned I have Liverpool cover in Robertson and Mane already with KDB and Sterling. Thinking of going big on Liverpool as City don't inspire confidence at the moment

Same as above, have KDB so getting his returns. I'm normally the same but Sterling is annoying as I've been stubborn and kept with meaning an expensive player just not returning. Might just leave as is for this GW and see after the FA Cup break.

I have neither Salah or Sterling , they are just not on form ATM . But I I were to choose I would I go Salah home to Sheffield .

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bodking

siblers wrote: »
    Antonio or Anderson could be worth a punt but Moyes doesn't inspire much confidence so not sure how much of a bounce there will be

Norwich are poor and Palace are better away from home, I'd nearly bank if I were you

Sounds like a plan , Zaha is definitely going after this week along with Tielemans . I'll have a rethink during the break . Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I've cantwell out for Traore.
    And I'm bench boosting to make use of em.
    Tactial H2H league to beat a guy who's top of the table. I'm hoping to just about beat him.

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Tony Two Gloves?

Martial

Which would you go for

Ings + Willian

OR

DCL + Martial?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Should've done it a while ago but what do people think of swapping Sterling for Salah for no hit.

Sterling starting to find a little bit of FPL form but still wildly inconsistent all season. Should have got rid a long time ago.

Salah is Salah really, more points potential IMO.

Fancy Salah to outscore Sterling this GW.

Sterling's next three games are pretty great. I'd hold him till 24

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Digne hasn't has an assist since week 11, Digne has had 4 since then. He's also far more dangerous looking from open play from what I've seen of them (watched their first halves versus Arsenal and Newcastle recently). Digne hasn't been on freekicks this year (Siggy taking them) which seems to be the bulk of his goals last year. Also Sidibe is no mug, was in the squad that won the world cup with France last year. I dn't believe the OOP will be a regular thing, that seemed to be a one week thing.

It funny since I saw this I listened to the FPL surgery podcast (wouldn’t normally but I’m on WC so hoovering up the opinions).
    They start a discussion on Sidibe v Digne
    Lad 1: Definitely Digne, has the most big chances created behind TAA, Everton are conceding more than their expected to. He’s great. Watching them Sidibe is more advanced but I love that he’s on set pieces

Lad 2: Sidibe, Siggy has taken the last 10 corners for Everton so it looks like Digne is down those. Sidibe gets in the box more.

Two minutes later a convo on best value
    Lad 1: Digne, with all those set pieces he’s bound to haul in the assists

Moron, there’s a reason I never listen to that one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

gammygils wrote: »
    Aurier/Abraham out.
    Gomez/Jimi in. No hit

I would hold Aurier, potential attacking returns and a feeling that José will sort them out at the back sooner rather than later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Have 2fts and .9 itb. Would like West ham players with the DGW but it’s a lotto at the moment so any suggestions?

Heaton
    Robbo Soy Rico
    Mane Sterling Grealish Scissoko
    Vardy (c) Jimi Ings
    Pope Zaha Ludstram Sidibe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Have 2fts and .9 itb. Would like West ham players with the DGW but it’s a lotto at the moment so any suggestions?

Heaton
    Robbo Soy Rico
    Vardy (c) Jimi Ings

You could do Rico to Mousaka but might be better to wait a week.

I'd get rid of Sissoko too. Maybe get Cantwell or Fleck and look to upgrade Zaha at a future time

You could do Rico to Mousaka but might be better to wait a week.

I'd get rid of Sissoko too. Maybe get Cantwell or Fleck and look to upgrade Zaha at a future time

Ya sissoko is on the chopping block just not sure who to punt on this week

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

Heaton
    Robbo Soy Rico
    Vardy (c) Jimi Ings

I'd wait until the game week before the double game week to bring in any West Ham players, if any at all. See what Moyes does first.

For the 2 transfers I'd be looking at moving Sissoko and Rico or Grealish.

Selling Rico will get you a solid Watford defender who have a chance of keeping a clean sheet. I have Rico also but even though Bournemouth have good fixtures, they are poor.

Even though most good things go through Grealish (I had him recently), Villa are so poor attacking wise. Better options out there.

Now watch Rico bag another clean sheet and 3 BPS and Grealish score a screamer!!

Seaba wrote: »
    I'd wait until the game week before the double game week to bring in any West Ham players, if any at all. See what Moyes does first.

For the 2 transfers I'd be looking at moving Sissoko and Rico or Grealish.

Selling Rico will get you a solid Watford defender who have a chance of keeping a clean sheet. I have Rico also but even though Bournemouth have good fixtures, they are poor.

Even though most good things go through Grealish (I had him recently), Villa are so poor attacking wise. Better options out there.

Now watch Rico bag another clean sheet and 3 BPS and Grealish score a screamer!!

Which watford defender would ya plump for? Kabasele or Femina?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Heaton
    Robbo Soy Rico
    Vardy (c) Jimi Ings

Decide on a formation and wait on West Ham.
    Your especially well set for 4 at the back (after this week) and that's with Rico first sub! I'm gonna assume you usually play 4 in midfield.
    Rico Soy and Lund are holds if you were on them early.

Pope/heaton to 4M or Sissoko to 4.3M and upgrade Grealish or Zaha.
    If you don't see an upgrade just do one housekeeping/freeing up cash transfer.

Which watford defender would ya plump for? Kabasele or Femina?
    Can't say I've been paying much attention to Watford's defense this season, but Holebas is the one to own when he returns. 3 goals and 7 assists last season.

I would hold Aurier, potential attacking returns and a feeling that José will sort them out at the back sooner rather than later
    I own Aurier but am getting increasingly worried Jose will sort them out at the back by replacing Aurier.

Can't say I've been paying much attention to Watford's defense this season, but Holebas is the one to own when he returns. 3 goals and 7 assists last season.

Kiko has started the last 8 and is 4.2m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

And 38 yellow cards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Ryan (Button)
    Aurier TAA Kelly (Rico) (Lundstrum)
    Grealish Mané KDB Richarlison Alli
    Vardy Jimi (connolly)

I've two FT and 1.6 in the bank.

I'll probably bring Son back in for Alli so need to keep 0.9 for that

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

2FT....

Rashford > Jiminez
    Kelly > TAA

Happy enough to be rid of Utd players despite the favourable run of fixtures and TAA just seems to be a must have now especially with the double gameweek on the horizon.

Ryan (Button)
    Aurier TAA Kelly (Rico) (Lundstrum)
    Grealish Mané KDB Richarlison Alli
    Vardy Jimi (connolly)

I've two FT and 1.6 in the bank.

I'll probably bring Son back in for Alli so need to keep 0.9 for that

Any suggestions?

You could go early for second Liverpool defender, Gomez. JEvans or Everton defender (and play Rico) are other options perhaps if you're happy to play Jack.

Green&Red wrote: »
    Kiko has started the last 8 and is 4.2m

I’d imagine he’s just covering Holevas/Janmaat injuries tho.

• Advertisement

I’d imagine he’s just covering Holevas/Janmaat injuries tho.

I think he gets the RB spot ahead of Masina?
    Dawson back muddies the water.

Advertisement