Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enrolling HKC RF PIRs

Options
  • 28-12-2019 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I have two HKC RF PIRs that were used on another panel. However I'm having trouble enrolling these into my HKC 10270 panel. Is there a way to reset/un-enroll a RF PIR? I don’t have access to the old panel.

When I put new batteries in, the red LED light flashes a few times. Go to Devices Menu then RF Devs Menu then either Add&Id:RF Zones or Add&Id:RF Points. When prompted closed the tamper switch to ID the RF device.

When I close the tamper switch, the panel still shows 000 RF devices and doesn’t detect the new device. I presume by default that RF is enabled on the panel and I don’t need to do anything else when enrolling RF devices.

I checked with multiple different batteries and didn't make a difference.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

I have two HKC RF PIRs that were used on another panel. However I'm having trouble enrolling these into my HKC 10270 panel. Is there a way to reset/un-enroll a RF PIR? I don’t have access to the old panel.

When I put new batteries in, the red LED light flashes a few times. Go to Devices Menu then RF Devs Menu then either Add&Id:RF Zones or Add&Id:RF Points. When prompted closed the tamper switch to ID the RF device.

When I close the tamper switch, the panel still shows 000 RF devices and doesn’t detect the new device. I presume by default that RF is enabled on the panel and I don’t need to do anything else when enrolling RF devices.

I checked with multiple different batteries and didn't make a difference.

Any ideas?

When you do the scan does it pick up the 2 PIRs?
    Are you closing both tampers on the PIR?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CitrusOrange

altor wrote: »
    When you do the scan does it pick up the 2 PIRs?
    Are you closing both tampers on the PIR?

When I do the scan, it doesn’t pick up the PIRs. During the scan, I’m closing the PIR lid one at a time through separate scans. There only appears to be one tamper switch inside the PIR at the bottom right (it’s a HKC Quad PIR)

Note PIRs are dated 2011, maybe they are too old?

When I do the scan, it doesn’t pick up the PIRs. During the scan, I’m closing the PIR lid one at a time through separate scans. There only appears to be one tamper switch inside the PIR at the bottom right (it’s a HKC Quad PIR)

Note PIRs are dated 2011, maybe they are too old?

The system should pick them up before you enroll them.
    Down power them, put in batteries and try to scan again.

The system should pick them up before you enroll them.
    Down power them, put in batteries and try to scan again.

Tried this. Powered up PIRs, ran the scan and still not showing up.. after a few mins still the same error

‘Scanning RF Devs, Devs found - 000, QUIT will stop’

Tried this. Powered up PIRs, ran the scan and still not showing up.. after a few mins still the same error

‘Scanning RF Devs, Devs found - 000, QUIT will stop’

Strange one, never seen that happen before.
    Any other RF devices on the system?

• Advertisement

Strange one, never seen that happen before.
    Any other RF devices on the system?

No, it’s all wired. I’m going to get a new RF PIR next week to enroll. At least that will rule out the panel

No, it’s all wired. I’m going to get a new RF PIR next week to enroll. At least that will rule out the panel

That is the best thing to do to be sure

Advertisement