Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

Anyone have experience buying EasyJest with DeGiro? I tried but it buys the stock at 7.96 instead of 796?

boardzz wrote: »
    Anyone have experience buying EasyJest with DeGiro? I tried but it buys the stock at 7.96 instead of 796?

LSE is in GBx pence.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

LSE is in GBx pence.

Ahh ok interesting. So the share price is 7.96 uk pound

boardzz wrote: »
    Ahh ok interesting. So the share price is 7.96 uk pound

How many were you going to buy at £796? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭peterofthebr

How many were you going to buy at £796? :)

:) ...some companies are on several exchanges...like shell, ryanair so always worth looking to see if you can buy shares in EUR so you dont have the ex rate issue etc..

• Advertisement

:) ...some companies are on several exchanges...like shell, ryanair so always worth looking to see if you can buy shares in EUR so you dont have the ex rate issue etc..

I was wondering how many shares at that price he was thinking of buying (tongue in cheek) rather than querying the currency of purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

$SOLO just dipped into my buy range pre market

Lex Luthor wrote: »

Do you have an account to trade after hours etc or do you have to wait with us plebs?

Do you have an account to trade after hours etc or do you have to wait with us plebs?

Ya I use Ameritrade so it allows after hours
    Handy as I’ve picked up a lot of dips pre market the last few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Do you need to pay extra trading after hours with Ameritrade? any gotchas?

After hours trading is one of the reasons why I'd move from Degiro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

Lex Luthor wrote: »

At which price would it be worth to buy SOLO?

Galego wrote: »

See their post further up. There's some excellent share picks and info given on this thread (which I'm new to) But I doubt posters are going to give, effectively, investment advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

2-bucks.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

RIGOLO wrote: »
    what a week.
    NVAX holding its gains and got a DOD contract , expecting OWS to kick in soon and that will help NVAX compound its gains and chase MRNA market cap. Plus NVAX have Nanoflu awaiting bla certification.
    New ebola outbreak which may get INO back in the green, or theres the off chance they are one of 2 un-named companies in the NYT OWS article.

I hope people were listening to me back on the 5th of June .
    NVAX was $44 back when I posted this.
    This morning we got $1.6 billion in Covid 19 funding from BARDA.
    Stock is trading at $110 dollars...:) I told ye OWS funding was coming.
    and I aint even a grandpa yet but I may just retire...
    see y'all in November , just dropped in to say hello to the sensitive Robinhood millenials
    ohh and INO was at 12, is now trading at $20 having peaked last week at $31.. :)

I hope people were listening to me back on the 5th of June .
    NVAX was $44 back when I posted this.
    This morning we got $1.6 billion in Covid 19 funding from BARDA.
    Stock is trading at $110 dollars...:) I told ye OWS funding was coming.
    and I aint even a grandpa yet but I may just retire...
    see y'all in November , just dropped in to say hello to the sensitive Robinhood millenials
    ohh and INO was at 12, is now trading at $20 having peaked last week at $31.. :)

Working from home, doing my day job and some trading in between is hard to do :cool: good calls RIGOLO

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Kamu

Great calls Rigolo and Lex Luthor,

i have my cash in Cruiselines and Airlines at the time so missed out.

I think I'm going to keep are certain amount of K on the sidelines from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

Finally I can write a suggestion here.

$LMND - Lemonade Inc, "modern insurance company" that IPOed recently is a bigger winner so far, and I would assume will only go up. It's a great company with visionary CEO who wants to "change insurance landscape". He had a very cool interview with Kara Swisher for Recode Decode not that long ago. It's insurance that concentrates on digital, where you can do everything online for 90%, including approved claims within 10 mins etc + they "take" only 30% (if I remember percentage correctly) of the price while the rest goes to charity of your choice. Furthermore, in the background, they offload big percentage of those insurances to third-party insurances to avoid cash-flow issues. I urge you to google yourself about them, you might be surprised even if you don't like insurance business in general. I personally believe I should invest more in companies that at least try to change the world for the better, so I'm looking into my entry point for this one, yet to pull the trigger though...

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭HelloYoungBoy

Yep, it went up 15% on Thursday as well. There was no trading on Friday due to American Independence Day, but it went up something similar on the Dax on Frankfurt and has held that this morning.

It's going to move me to 200% gains overall if it holds beyond $10.05.

I am not a big investor. I just got tired of savings rates of less than 1% and decided to put my monthly savings into shares. Mostly tips off boards, things like Zuora, Doyou, and bit by bit I sold the others and put all my eggs into the Nio basket.

I won't get rich, given that I have invested so little, but it has been good fun along the way.

NIO just pushed past $12 today for the first time

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Have 500 shares that I'm in at a bep of 5.92, but I was just looking back at my history, I had 1700 worth of them back in March at one stage which I offloaded for a small bit over breakeven at like 4e each 😅😅 dammit.

jon1981 wrote: »
    Do you need to pay extra trading after hours with Ameritrade? any gotchas?

After hours trading is one of the reasons why I'd move from Degiro

Ameritrade is commission free

Used to be $6.95 per transaction but went free a few months ago

Costs nothing extra for after hours

Have been using them for about 20yrs. Very slick site

I’ve only ever withdrawn once...think of t cost $25

They are big on paperwork but as I’m not a US resident you just need to sign a form to state that and you will file your own taxes

• Advertisement

All I’m going to post is what I’m doing, people need to DYOR

Bit of advice, Don't chase green candles

Instead look for the consolidation ranges that happen after those exponential rallies

$SOLO dipped right into my buy zone today after yesterday’s pump

Typically after an exponential pump, you can generally see a retrace fairly soon of 50% of the size of the pump

SOLO opened about $3.2 yesterday and topped @ $5.4 so I was looking at a retrace at approx $4.3

I had buy orders filled today @ $4.32 & $4.12

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

I believe in a balanced portfolio .

Im on record as taking a position in the gun stocks RGR (Ruger) and SWBI (Smith and Wesson) a few weeks back , that whole BLM bs was bound to give them a pop which I will ride until earnings or maybe until the election depends how many block partys the sjws have.
    VSTO on the OTC is another great pick as they do alot of ammo and WRTC have some cool devices for personal protection. But that whole space is very cyclical and subject to social tensins you have to monitor.

Anyways to balance off this part of the portfolio Ive taken a large position in the BLM movement.
    Picked up some BYFC (Broadway Financial currnetly $2.37) and CARV (Carver Banking group currently $7.11), a few weeks ago both black owned banking companys. Netflix already announced they are moving $100 million in deposits to black owned banks, and I expect other major multi-nationals to follow suit.
    I averaged down on both and have taken some profit off the table as both of these are day traders dreams with major run ups and drops which I have played, but for now I think these 2 companies are long term holds.
    UONE (is a black owned social media and radio company) I dont own any but some people are speculating they will grow with BLM growth. But BYFC and CARV are my main BLM plays

If the A-listers and multi-nationals are serious about supporting the BLM movement sooner or later serious money will have to flow to these 2.
    Scared money dont make money so this is only for the brave.

And AYRO is my EV play , Amazon are building a new distro centre near them and they do electric run abouts. Take a look

Do your own dd, and dont ever take advice from people who post stock picks on msg boards.
    GLTA , now Im off again , Im really too busy to spend time here.
    What a day NVAX pops 30% and INO up 15% on compounded gains, it nearly knocked me off the wagon...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Well into the 13s now. The highs keep mounting. I’m going to sit for a while yet. But I’m cautious about buying more, given that some of them I bought at $1.46.

I believe in a balanced portfolio .

Im on record as taking a position in the gun stocks RGR (Ruger) and SWBI (Smith and Wesson) a few weeks back , that whole BLM bs was bound to give them a pop which I will ride until earnings or maybe until the election depends how many block partys the sjws have.
    VSTO on the OTC is another great pick as they do alot of ammo and WRTC have some cool devices for personal protection. But that whole space is very cyclical and subject to social tensins you have to monitor.

Anyways to balance off this part of the portfolio Ive taken a large position in the BLM movement.
    Picked up some BYFC (Broadway Financial currnetly $2.37) and CARV (Carver Banking group currently $7.11), a few weeks ago both black owned banking companys. Netflix already announced they are moving $100 million in deposits to black owned banks, and I expect other major multi-nationals to follow suit.
    I averaged down on both and have taken some profit off the table as both of these are day traders dreams with major run ups and drops which I have played, but for now I think these 2 companies are long term holds.
    UONE (is a black owned social media and radio company) I dont own any but some people are speculating they will grow with BLM growth. But BYFC and CARV are my main BLM plays

If the A-listers and multi-nationals are serious about supporting the BLM movement sooner or later serious money will have to flow to these 2.
    Scared money dont make money so this is only for the brave.

And AYRO is my EV play , Amazon are building a new distro centre near them and they do electric run abouts. Take a look

Do your own dd, and dont ever take advice from people who post stock picks on msg boards.
    GLTA , now Im off again , Im really too busy to spend time here.
    What a day NVAX pops 30% and INO up 15% on compounded gains, it nearly knocked me off the wagon...

Those 3 firearms stocks were a good pick Rigolo

I got into all 3 of them aswell and up about 11% on RGR, 27% on SWBI & 32% on VSTO

I’m moving my stop as they go up on all 3

bloomberg tv talking to christopher ailman hes saying allot of people who would normally be in meeting but now WFH are now looking at their bloomberg terminals (lol ..bloomberg terminal subscription is near 20k a year i think haha pocket change he must think),

bloomberg again more talk of overvalued stock market...us virus case rise 1.8% in line with last week - wow,

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,229 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

bloomberg tv talking to christopher ailman hes saying allot of people who would normally be in meeting but now WFH are now looking at their bloomberg terminals (lol ..bloomberg terminal subscription is near 20k a year i think haha pocket change he must think)

Most people who have them have no idea of costs until they get budget responsibility or go out on their own.... remember one new manager giving a speech about cost savings and pointing out someone on his staff having a mag sub for $8,000 only to find out later it was himself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Bought into INO and VXRT yesterday after getting my head around how the COVID19 news that came out of Spain re the lack of herd immunity. Looks like when it does come out we going to be dosing COVID19 vaccines for quite some time. Both are showing promise and are part of project "warp speed"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

How does Docusign continue to rise? Up 150% since start of April, up another 5% in pre-market

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

nkla dumped down 17% yesterday up 12% today pre market. I think alot of people getting there accounts shredded in the last 3 weeks, difficult window to trade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

I would stay away from it for a while now.

Advertisement