Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

Bob Harris wrote: »
    I'd be very careful.

Would consider if it went sub $2.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Kamu

Would consider if it went sub $2.

Rug might have been pulled from SOLO now considering there has been many dips and rises over the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Shedite27 wrote: »
    My Portfolio and current daily performance:
    Fastly -12%
    GAN -11%
    Docusign -10%
    Peleton -10%
    Livongo -10%
    Datadog -9%
    Crowdstrike -8%
    Draftkings -8%
    Square -7%
    Shopify -6%
    Pintrest -6%
    Trade Desk -6%
    Twilio -6%
    Sea -6%
    Atlassian -5%
    Spotify -5%

GAN and Draftkings fairly got hammered today. Penn held up pretty well though.

Might pick up some more GAN if they fall into the $22's tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jams100

Shedite27 wrote: »
    My Portfolio and current daily performance:
    Fastly -12%
    GAN -11%
    Docusign -10%
    Peleton -10%
    Livongo -10%
    Datadog -9%
    Crowdstrike -8%
    Draftkings -8%
    Square -7%
    Shopify -6%
    Pintrest -6%
    Trade Desk -6%
    Twilio -6%
    Sea -6%
    Atlassian -5%
    Spotify -5%

I dread to think what that equates to in $$$

Your portfolio is a bit heavy on tech no? Seems like this was inevitable

Also have draftkings always seems to
    constantly disappoint lately, still going to hold it long term.

Is there any particular reason Gan and draftkings got a hammering yet penn didn't?

Will keep an eye on Gan and grab some if it goes sub 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

jams100 wrote: »
    I dread to think what that equates to in $$$

Your portfolio is a bit heavy on tech no? Seems like this was inevitable
    I don't really see them as Tech, most are completely different industries, albeit all using technology. Funny thing is even with a hit like that it only negates about a week of gains. Nasdaq stocks have been on a ridiculous roll. A pullback was well overdue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Mad day - my portfolio was up 3% early in the session but finished down almost 4%! Tesla and Shopify the main culprits after a strong opening, along with GAN and Draftkings. Brings me back to where it was mid last week. Pullback was inevitable after the recent run up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

Can I buy shares in a FTSE aim all share index company tru degiro?
    Thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

yesterday, great start - bad finish
    now is the time to engage the left side of the brain now and be rational rather than emotional and look at buying opportunities

Thanks for your help

You're welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Jesper

hottipper wrote: »
    It might be time to look out for rotation out of tech stocks, maybe some laggards could pick up some momentum or some pharma stocks looking at mrk, bmy, pfe not sure yet still browsing around.

This was a good article I started reading. There is a lot of work gone into it. I'm in Bio Tech and while I'm not aware of a high % of the information what I did know was reported very well.

https://www.fiercepharma.com/special-report/top-15-pharma-companies-by-2026-sales

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Just a question to ask if any of you are trading OTC and what platform you are using?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

Jesper wrote: »
    This was a good article I started reading. There is a lot of work gone into it. I'm in Bio Tech and while I'm not aware of a high % of the information what I did know was reported very well.

https://www.fiercepharma.com/special-report/top-15-pharma-companies-by-2026-sales

i'm just gonna go with Merck if it can hold that line and break above.
    https://finviz.com/quote.ashx?t=MRK
    please don't sell your tech stocks if they are an investment (shave 10%/20% off and try buy it back cheaper if you like but never sell out until they hit your target especially if you bought them in march no one knows but i don't think we going back there again) Don't let random internet strangers like me change your mind either. For investments add cash every pay check wait for a decent dip in that month 10%/20%+ and buy, sell when it hits your target.

For trading i'm thinking there might be a rotation soon to let tech cool off a bit.
    so i'm looking at this to see whats green https://finviz.com/map.ashx?t=sec

• Registered Users Posts: 16 droimlis

AmberGold wrote: »
    Just a question to ask if any of you are trading OTC and what platform you are using?

I have been using Interactive Brokers and found them good. Needed to set up with them when Luckin Coffee went otc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    yesterday, great start - bad finish
    now is the time to engage the left side of the brain now and be rational rather than emotional and look at buying opportunities

Fully agreed, I thankfully got on the current ev train early enough that I'm still nicely positive which is very useful in helping staying rational lol, in terms of buying opportunities I'll sit out that whole market for the second and see what the next few days bring, I've got burnt trying to catch a falling knife before and am well aware the whole ev bubble could burst, but I am reasonably confident that it has more to run so will keep an open mind if a strong reversal happens and all the robinhood beginners start fomoing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Deltas earnings are due today. Going to very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Took my biggest ever profit last week. Been holding cash ever since waiting on an entry but I am anxious. Hoping for a red end to the week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Deltas earnings are due today. Going to very interesting.

they're out, reported a huge loss

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭antimatterx

The stock hasn't moved down really at all. It was obviously expected, but still. You would have think that it would have tanked.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭peterofthebr

The stock hasn't moved down really at all. It was obviously expected, but still. You would have think that it would have tanked.

in a normal market it would have reacted .but FED is pumping money into the market -

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Agree, Nearly 3 bil loss brushed under the carpet...and some of airline stocks are in Green :)

• Advertisement

Agree, Nearly 3 bil loss brushed under the carpet...and some of airline stocks are in Green :)
    its crazy, and the fed said back in early June "Fed says it will keep stimulus coming for years.." --

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

What is going on with Netflix, just fell 4% in the last few minutes.
    Down 14% today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

sirboby wrote: »
    What is going on with Netflix, just fell 4% in the last few minutes.
    Down 14% today

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/netflix-stock-falls-after-downgrade-at-ubs-2020-07-14

Opened a position in Providence resources finally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Kilboor wrote: »
    Opened a position in Providence resources finally.

Seen Providence mentioned before, whats the view?

AmberGold wrote: »

Seen Providence mentioned before, whats the view?

Look to have finally secured a proper partner(SpotOn) to engage with farming out and funding the development of barryroe. Shareholder meeting is this month and funding will be fully in place by October. Oil prices are also at a nice level and currently would be enough to facilitate development.

They have a new CEO and experienced board. There are a good few signs that things are on the up and this time is different.

The currency also wrote an article on Providence today however it's behind a paywall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Kilboor wrote: »
    Look to have finally secured a proper partner(SpotOn) to engage with farming out and funding the development of barryroe. Shareholder meeting is this month and funding will be fully in place by October. Oil prices are also at a nice level and currently would be enough to facilitate development.

They have a new CEO and experienced board. There are a good few signs that things are on the up and this time is different.

The currency also wrote an article on Providence today however it's behind a paywall.

My old friends Providence :-)

They do seem to have a good leaseholding in Barryroe....but through misfortune and incompetence its never really come to much.

The SP, could go to the moon or straight down the toilet.

• Advertisement

bcklschaps wrote: »
    My old friends Providence :-)

They do seem to have a good leaseholding in Barryroe....but through misfortune and incompetence its never really come to much.

The SP, could go to the moon or straight down the toilet.

I know it has been a popular stock in Ireland in the past, I firmly believe the only thing that can stop Barryroe now is politics.

Advertisement