Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Zooms earning are out! Over double the analyst projections. $0.92 adj vs $0.45 est

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

manonboard wrote: »
    Anyone going in on zoom earnings tonight?
    Be very interesting to see their conversion to paid subscribers. Very surprised analyst are taking the 45cent eps guidance as expectation. Isnt it usually on the low side when given by a company? So they can beat expectations?

This went so well! My best trade yet!
    I had a huge position. Trimmed 65 percent of it before close with a healthy profit. Remaining 35 popped beautifully. Will be selling ASAP. Absolutely silly valuation on the company. Just monstrous.

This went so well! My best trade yet!
    I had a huge position. Trimmed 65 percent of it before close with a healthy profit. Remaining 35 popped beautifully. Will be selling ASAP. Absolutely silly valuation on the company. Just monstrous.

I thought that Tesla was well overpriced when I sold at $800...but I think there are product limitations for Zoom and I'm struggling to see innovation opportunities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

sternn wrote: »
    I thought that Tesla was well overpriced when I sold at $800...but I think there are product limitations for Zoom and I'm struggling to see innovation opportunities.

It offers nothing that the larger companies don't/won't offer for free. The user interface is good and the quality is excellent.. but both those things just like problems microsoft and google can just throw a little money at.

The big advantage zoom has at the moment is everyone outside of business is using it. As it's in the uni's, it'll now be in the hands of the next generation.

Certainly something that can be easily eroded away though. They absolutely do not deserve current valuation.

Zooms .................
    ............. Absolutely silly valuation on the company. Just monstrous.
    I thought that Tesla was well overpriced when I sold at $800.............

Tesla and Zoom wonderful example of the Keynesian beauty contest theory :pac:

• Advertisement

Augeo wrote: »
    Tesla and Zoom wonderful example of the Keynesian beauty contest theory :pac:

I wasn't aware of this theory but this is exactly what is happening :) Slack is going to be the next one...quarter earnings announced next week. Jump on board!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

I wasn't aware of this theory but this is exactly what is happening :) Slack is going to be the next one...quarter earnings announced next week. Jump on board!

Analysts still predicting a quarterly loss. I don't know if it's a credible business if it can't make a profit since lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Analysts still predicting a quarterly loss. I don't know if it's a credible business if it can't make a profit since lockdown.

Slack is up 6% after close, I imagine alot of the profit from Zoom will pour into slack. Buy the rumor sell the news so to speak.

Might jump in for the ride.

Because it'll be the only ride I'm getting - waheeey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭1123heavy

Perhaps a dumb question but I want to look at the Ryanair shares on Degiro, when I type in 'ryanair' i get a list of 8 different options, I presume the first option 'ryanair holdings' is the main share, but what are the rest of the options? I see one is in dollars

1123heavy wrote: »
    Perhaps a dumb question but I want to look at the Ryanair shares on Degiro, when I type in 'ryanair' i get a list of 8 different options, I presume the first option 'ryanair holdings' is the main share, but what are the rest of the options? I see one is in dollars

It's trading on different markets, Some are more liquid than others. Trade in your own currency to avoid currency risk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

It's trading on different markets, Some are more liquid than others. Trade in your own currency to avoid currency risk.

Dollar slide is killing me the past few months...

Dollar slide is killing me the past few months...

Down hundreds today alone, bloody Fed.

Thanks for that, they dipped today so considering getting in there

Down hundreds today alone, bloody Fed.

Same same, but should make US exports cheaper so we'll see how it plays out

I got in at 9.32, up 26%

I think I'll wait for sub €2.

Sorry - wrong stock :o

I got in at 9.32, up 26%

is there somewhere better to trade irish stock than degiro? i am noticing the prices seem to be delayed in updating and they do have a notice in red saying they have no real time data for the irish exchange

is there somewhere better to trade irish stock than degiro? i am noticing the prices seem to be delayed in updating and they do have a notice in red saying they have no real time data for the irish exchange

I just checked my Ryanair position

It's CHI-X real-time data for me

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭butrasgali

Any thoughts on dalata Hotel group..is it a good time to buy now or hold on
    Cheers

butrasgali wrote: »
    Any thoughts on dalata Hotel group..is it a good time to but now or hold on
    Cheers

Not sure, but peaked mid 2018 and still hasn't recovered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

I just wouldn't go near hospitality stock right now. The economic damage of covid has yet to hit, who knows what it'll do to the markets and hospitality stock specifically. I bought Netflix and Square on a relative whim about two weeks ago and am up 12.5% already, plan to hold them long term.

Being weighted heavily towards one sector grates with me a little, especially Square which is trading at >350x earnings last time I checked, but we are in crazy times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Kilboor wrote: »
    GameStop is exploding this morning.

Up 50% pre market

Boom, now the last few days have been a real explosion! :D

DutchYurt wrote: »
    Thanks for the input, im recovering from a loss from 2 years ago still so keeping my eyes peeled for these kind of opportunities! UMC is the other one.

EDSA.. I honestly think I'm just badluck.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭jams100

Zoom up nearly 50% today. I dont think there is an emoji to describe this market right now. Its starting to remind me of the celtic tiger in Ireland, I remember back then when people were buying their second holiday home, they'd leave their euro in the trolley etc. We all know how that ended. Analysts seem to be tripping over themselves in a bid to keep increasing their estimates for these companies with no logical explanation as to why they are increasing their estimates. I certainly won't be making too much money from these gains as there is no explaining why the likes of tesla and zoom are trading at well over a hundred times their earnings, maybe I'm too risk adverse idk. I know there are factors such as the fed and the increase in e commerce activity but that doesn't justify some of the increases for some of these newer so called "growth" companies in my opinion.
    In saying all this I do hold the likes of Amazon and nvidia where you can see how they could benefit both in the short and long term from this. I also got in on diageo today in an effort to try diversify in some way away from tech stocks whilst I sold workday and mastercard before the weekend with 50% gains 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭tobottherobot

jams100 wrote: »
    Zoom up nearly 50% today. I dont think there is an emoji to describe this market right now. Its starting to remind me of the celtic tiger in Ireland, I remember back then when people were buying their second holiday home, they'd leave their euro in the trolley etc. We all know how that ended. Analysts seem to be tripping over themselves in a bid to keep increasing their estimates for these companies with no logical explanation as to why they are increasing their estimates. I certainly won't be making too much money from these gains as there is no explaining why the likes of tesla and zoom are trading at well over a hundred times their earnings, maybe I'm too risk adverse idk. I know there are factors such as the fed and the increase in e commerce activity but that doesn't justify some of the increases for some of these newer so called "growth" companies in my opinion.
    In saying all this I do hold the likes of Amazon and nvidia where you can see how they could benefit both in the short and long term from this. I also got in on diageo today in an effort to try diversify in some way away from tech stocks whilst I sold workday and mastercard before the weekend with 50% gains ��

I started my day kicking myself for selling Zoom @ $220 (bought at $130) as I thought it was overpriced then.

Whats happening now is just bonkers to the point its not even worth getting p***ed off about. Some things in life I'll never understand - like the people buying ZM at the current price

butrasgali wrote: »
    Any thoughts on dalata Hotel group..is it a good time to buy now or hold on
    Cheers

I wouldn't touch it, I suspect there's a diluton coming ......... buy it then IMO if you are tempted.

retalivity wrote: »
    4d through the roof this morning to 110 before settling back to ~100. Hit my optimistic limit sell order of 98 so im out of it for now at a healthy profit.
    Will look at it again if it dips back
    It will quite likely dip back. There's loads of opportunity for future RNSs though so I'd very expect to see higher over the coming months.
    Covid trial results due soon also.

Up 33% today .......... 130.95 just now, news imminent I would think.

Up 33% today .......... 130.95 just now, news imminent I would think.

Ive been watching it since 40.. missed the pop waiting for the dip, don't think it'll happen now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Kamu

DutchYurt wrote: »
    Ive been watching it since 40.. missed the pop waiting for the dip, don't think it'll happen now though.

I've been waiting for the dip for everything. I just don't understand. Ah well.

• Advertisement

I expect 4d to be multiples of today's price over the next 18 months and quite likely sooner .......... the market cap is insanely small for their pipeline.

Advertisement