Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Kamu wrote: »
    I've been waiting for the dip for everything. I just don't understand. Ah well.

Nothing makes sense at the moment. You can start pronouncing the K in knife if you want, nothing matters any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

The only share I've been in for a long time is 4D. It's a small investment but I intend on holding for a long time yet.

weemcd wrote: »
    The only share I've been in for a long time is 4D. It's a small investment but I intend on holding for a long time yet.

If it swings back close to 100 I'll try get in.

I'm really intrigued by the IBS/Crohns treatment they're working on

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

Thoughts on Vodafone? They have dropped below $15 this week

DutchYurt wrote: »
    EDSA.. I honestly think I'm just badluck.

Be grand, see what the 4pm conference holds. It probably wont mention the FDA approval, but that will com.

My BEP is $6.52.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Be grand, see what the 4pm conference holds. It probably wont mention the FDA approval, but that will com.

In at 6.

Out at 9.

Thanks a million for the tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

I'm getting worried, I was only a kid in 1999 but things look very overvalued, take tesla and zoom for example. I'll be sitting on cash on the sidelines until we see how covid plays out and hold current positions

I'm getting worried, I was only a kid in 1999 but things look very overvalued, take tesla and zoom for example. I'll be sitting on cash on the sidelines until we see how covid plays out and hold current positions

Even the FAANG stocks (apart from Amazon) would anybody be shocked if they dropped a third overnight?

Even the FAANG stocks (apart from Amazon) would anybody be shocked if they dropped a third overnight?

Apple and amazon will be fine I reckon (I'm long apple since 2014) coming up to the holiday season but I agree with you there.

There's a disconnect between Main Street and Wall Street

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

jams100 wrote: »
    Zoom up nearly 50% today. I dont think there is an emoji to describe this market right now. Its starting to remind me of the celtic tiger in Ireland, I remember back then when people were buying their second holiday home, they'd leave their euro in the trolley etc. We all know how that ended. Analysts seem to be tripping over themselves in a bid to keep increasing their estimates for these companies with no logical explanation as to why they are increasing their estimates. I certainly won't be making too much money from these gains as there is no explaining why the likes of tesla and zoom are trading at well over a hundred times their earnings, maybe I'm too risk adverse idk. I know there are factors such as the fed and the increase in e commerce activity but that doesn't justify some of the increases for some of these newer so called "growth" companies in my opinion.
    In saying all this I do hold the likes of Amazon and nvidia where you can see how they could benefit both in the short and long term from this. I also got in on diageo today in an effort to try diversify in some way away from tech stocks whilst I sold workday and mastercard before the weekend with 50% gains ��
    I think there are two things you need to consider though, first being that the pandemic was probably nowhere near as bad as was expected and Feb/March was very much a knee-jerk. Second is the shift in how people will live now, the growth hasn't increased it has just shifted in a different direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

I started my day kicking myself for selling Zoom @ $220 (bought at $130) as I thought it was overpriced then.

Whats happening now is just bonkers to the point its not even worth getting p***ed off about. Some things in life I'll never understand - like the people buying ZM at the current price

The market is stone mad the last few months, I think there is a serious dip coming in the medium term.

Zoom drives me mad, prefer Skype for general meetings but for large presentations it is a game changer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

bfa1509 wrote: »
    Like a complete idiot I sold my Tesla last monday after it took a dip - missed out on about 20% gain. I'm never selling a stock ever again.

I think Amazon will be looking closely at how Tesla and Apple fair with the splits and might follow suit, so picked one up today.

No offence but I'd hold all three for as many years as you can. I bought AAPL at 50 dollars still holding.

Augeo wrote: »
    I expect 4d to be multiples of today's price over the next 18 months and quite likely sooner .......... the market cap is insanely small for their pipeline.

Just bought it, knowing my luck it'll go into liquidation tomorrow.

Safe as houses IMO at today's price accepting that it might well dip down.

Great recent news on a cancer treatment trial, the results of that were 40% when 10% is considered significant.

They've an IBS treatment that's thought to be going good in trail too and there's the Covid trial.

4d are managed/ran by shrewd operators .......... some great news expected before year end :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

What trading platform are you using?
    Can’t seem to find it on Revolut or Trading212.

What trading platform are you using?
    Can’t seem to find it on Revolut or Trading212.

Degiro!

Is trading 212 any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Safe as houses IMO at today's price accepting that it might well dip down.

Great recent news on a cancer treatment trial, the results of that were 40% when 10% is considered significant.

They've an IBS treatment that's thought to be going good in trail too and there's the Covid trial.

4d are managed/ran by shrewd operators .......... some great news expected before year end :)

I very recently bought GAN limited, would need to sell them to buy 4D. Thoughts please?

dinneenp wrote: »
    I very recently bought GAN limited, would need to sell them to buy 4D. Thoughts please?

I know nothing aboout GAN but I'm expecting 4d to go much higher then what it is now over the next 18 months and quite likely this side of Christmas ......... these were some of my thoughts a while back

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113298037&postcount=2203

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113304359&postcount=2216

A spiel from the company about the trial with the MSD drug......

https://www.pharmiweb.com/press-release/2020-08-26/4d-pharma-announces-comprehensive-clinical-benefit-data-from-part-a-of-combination-trial-of-mrx0518-and-keytruda-r#:~:text=In%2012%20patients%20with%20metastatic,meaningful%20benefit%20from%20the%20combination.

"In 12 patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma (mRCC) and metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (mNSCLC), the combination of MRx0518 with KEYTRUDA achieved a disease control rate (DCR) of 42 percent, with five of 12 patients experiencing a clinically meaningful benefit from the combination. Three patients experienced partial responses (PR), defined as target tumour shrinkage of 30 percent or greater - an objective response rate (ORR) of 25 percent. MRx0518 in combination with KEYTRUDA induced durable stable disease (SD) of six months or greater in an additional two patients (17percent). Median duration of treatment for the five patients experiencing clinical benefit is now 13.2 months, with four of these patients currently ongoing."

The 12 patients in that trial were at the end of the road treatment wise, 4D are working on genuinely amazing stuff that's potentially life prolonging if not saving., IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Can't find 4D on revolut?

I know nothing aboout GAN but I'm expecting 4d to go much higher then what it is now over the next 18 months and quite likely this side of Christmas ......... these were some of my thoughts a while back

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113298037&postcount=2203

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113304359&postcount=2216

I'm with you on this, going to double down if a dip comes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Degiro!

Is trading 212 any use?

Ah that explains it. I applied for Degiro at around March time, but registration went into a que system. Then got into Revolut, moved onto Trading 212 for its simplicity and fees.

Ah that explains it. I applied for Degiro at around March time, but registration went into a que system. Then got into Revolut, moved onto Trading 212 for its simplicity and fees.

You and 30,000 others, I believe they've gotten through their backlog if you still want to join!

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭jams100

Draft kings up 12% pre market. Michael Jordan has joined them as an advisor

jams100 wrote: »
    Draft kings up 12% pre market. Michael Jordan has joined them as an advisor

This is mana from heaven for me, thank you, needed a lift today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭1123heavy

Degiro took me 4 months to get signed up for, i was over 10,000th in the queue. I do think they've sorted through it now but of course the markets now aren't what they were in March

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

One of these days I'm gonna get a dozen referral links to Degiro cashed in!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Anyone having a nibble of GAN ?...down to $20.35

Anyone having a nibble of GAN ?...down to $20.35

Tesla has taken me for a ride today (not surprising, I just thought it has a few more days left) so I'll go quiet for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

Anyone know how to convert a call warrant on Degiro? The platform is seriously lacking in detail re: warrants.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Trailing stops to continue enjoying the silly gains at the moment but with an escape.

Not perfect all the same

Advertisement