Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Sorolla

DutchYurt wrote: »
    Nothing makes sense at the moment. You can start pronouncing the K in knife if you want, nothing matters any more.

It really looks as of share prices have decoupled from the fundamentals.

Anyone who is Day trading should be careful.

Those with a long term horizon > 15 years they should invest in all world etf

Anything else is too risky

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Anyone having difficulty with degiro today? Shows my daily p/l as the same number all morning

Anyone having difficulty with degiro today? Shows my daily p/l as the same number all morning

Mines changing albeit only the currency. Thankfully up 2 days running.

Yeah, tis broke. Not updating for share price movements.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Bad day to be in Tech - trying to decide to come in on the dip or not. Slack $WORK have their earnings on tuesday and theyre currently down 9% - seems to be going the opposite of how zoom faired out. Tesla seems to be falling right with it too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

TBH tech stocks were long overdue a correction

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

That's a lot of Red! My best performing stock today is -3.6%

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

DutchYurt wrote: »
    Bad day to be in Tech - trying to decide to come in on the dip or not. Slack $WORK have their earnings on tuesday and theyre currently down 9% - seems to be going the opposite of how zoom faired out. Tesla seems to be falling right with it too

10 days worth of gains knocked off the nasdaq, terrible isn't it. Think I'll wait for tomorrow and see if there are some better black Friday sales.

Ouch, just ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I'd a good day! Sold out of IAG and pocketed 10% for my trouble. Not sure where to look at next. Had a good couple of weeks with 4d, IAG and Ryanair before that. Still doesn't cover the losses made in HIVE and TAW though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Gotta take the rough with the smooth. After the last few days the market has had, this was inevitable. Still in the green overall on my tech investments so no need to panic (yet) but yeah, rough day!

I deposited 2k into my broker account which landed this morning and I'm absolutely determined this time to leave it sitting there on the sidelines until better opportunities arise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Gotta take the rough with the smooth. After the last few days the market has had, this was inevitable. Still in the green overall on my tech investments so no need to panic (yet) but yeah, rough day!

I deposited 2k into my broker account which landed this morning and I'm absolutely determined this time to leave it sitting there on the sidelines until better opportunities arise.
    Pullback of up to +7%.

If ever you were to time the market.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Bailed out of Qualcomm and Visa

Il sit on the side lines for a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Crispr gene editing stocks down 10-12% across the board, I think it’s a great entry point for anyone with a long term hold in mind

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭jams100

Valhallapt wrote: »
    Crispr gene editing stocks down 10-12% across the board, I think it’s a great entry point for anyone with a long term hold in mind

A better (safer) long term hold would be shell. You get a decent dividend with that too. It may never reach what it was in February for a long time but oil will eventually get back up to $60 a barrel and their smaller competitors probably won't survive this pandemic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

AMC Entertainment Holdings Inc
    NYSE: AMC are a company i entered today for a long view.

A very profitable entertainment company with cinema/theaters etc.

I feel we know enough about covid now to see the end of it around the corner of next year for rich western countries.
    The stock price took a hammering as expected..and is only now starting to recover.

Their cash took a huge hit of course, but they've been getting enough investment to continue expansion!

Even the FAANG stocks (apart from Amazon) would anybody be shocked if they dropped a third overnight?

Even Amazon took a beating. Dragged down by association I suspect. If you were to buy the dip on any of them it would Amazon imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭dinneenp

What's the thoughts when markets open tomorrow? Further drop or will people buy, expecting a bounce back? (I know that nobody knows....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

dinneenp wrote: »
    What's the thoughts when markets open tomorrow? Further drop or will people buy, expecting a bounce back? (I know that nobody knows....)

2 important announcements tomorrow for the Us economy. The unemployment rate and non farm payrolls for August. Forecasts are mixed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

2 important announcements tomorrow for the Us economy. The unemployment rate and non farm payrolls for August. Forecasts are mixed

Is this what caused the drops in tech stocks today - Mad seeing all the gains last few days drop so quickly in one day !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

whatever76 wrote: »
    Is this what caused the drops in tech stocks today - Mad seeing all the gains last few days drop so quickly in one day !

Nay it's more the gains the last week were absolutely mad, so had to pull back, and the saying goes the stockmarket takes the stairs up but elevator down.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭1percent

Tomorrow will be the tell, the first friday in Sept!

Now that the holidays are over and the brokers and MM are back, will they be looking at their Bloomberg's and saying "Ah hell naw!"? Will they want to hold the stock into the weekend? Will they dump? No amount of "men in tights" have the clout on the market as these bucks.

The drop today does not bode well, was this the smart money getting out before Black friday?

March was fun, april was profitable and the summer was boring. I think september will be murder!

I didn't buy into the tech stuff the last 6 month, I did not see value. I'm spread on miners, household consumer and tobacco(holding a loss there) and IAG at 2.50 on MAD. Regret not doubling up at 1.80odd but was on holidays at the beginning of august and there was talk of a reverse split.

I think, and it's worth as much as any ould fart on the internet, this is it! This is the Crest of the rollercoaster as the clink of the chain stops. We are on the presipis, looking down and when the ride is over, some of us will not be here anymore.

Degiro not handling the latest donegal investment group share conversion very well, showing price and position as zero

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Got out of Tesla at 413 wanted to hold till battery day but decided to take profits now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Opened a position on Sturm Ruger, has hit a 3mth low, and with Trump/BLM/Kenosha and a close election, expect shenanigans with security, 2nd amendment rights etc before november that will drive up gun sales

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Saudades

Monday is Labor Day (presumably a Bank Holiday) in the USA if that makes any difference to anyone....

Saudades wrote: »
    Monday is Labor Day (presumably a Bank Holiday) in the USA if that makes any difference to anyone....

The ironically so named... seeing as it's a public holiday :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

Valhallapt wrote: »

Which ones are you in Valhallapt? would love to just buy arks etf but don't have the option

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Jesper

PagerDuty, Inc. (PD) took a 26% drop yesterday. It's a company discussed here before. I will see how the tech bubble goes but it's worth monitoring for further drops.

"Shares of PagerDuty (PD) - Get Report dropped 27% to $25.56 after its latest earnings release. For the second quarter, PagerDuty, which sells incident response software for IT departments, reported revenue and a loss in line with expectations but an outlook short of estimates. Total sales were $50.7 million, up 26% from a year ago, and in range of its prior guidance of between $50 million and $51 million. Its non-GAAP loss was 4 cents a share, ahead of the guidance range of a loss of 6 to 7 cents a share."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Even Amazon took a beating. Dragged down by association I suspect. If you were to buy the dip on any of them it would Amazon imo.

Agree with holiday season coming, Amazon is the best bet...however I would wait for more correction.

Also anyone watching Ciena Corp. is down 30% in last two days. Had a decent quarter, however guidance isn't upto expectations and close to 6 month lows.

Advertisement