Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭HelloYoungBoy

What are people looking at investing in given the decline in prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭robman60

Can anyone explain to me why Alphabet Class A is cheaper recently than Class C? In all the time I've been looking at them it's been the reverse die to the voting rights with A, but it's consistently been the other way the past few weeks. Will nibble as they approach 1500 but started my position at 1100 the very beginning of April and would be happier buyinh around 1250.

Electronic Arts is another one I've got in mind, anyone buying? I haven't yet but tempted

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

jams100 wrote: »
    A better (safer) long term hold would be shell. You get a decent dividend with that too. It may never reach what it was in February for a long time but oil will eventually get back up to $60 a barrel and their smaller competitors probably won't survive this pandemic

Any other long term holds you'd recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

Just picked up my first slice of Amazon at 2730, here is hoping this cliff does not have much further to go

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Ooofh, another big red day for me hitting as much as -15%..

I tried turning my Degiro off and on again but it didn't work. Any other tips are welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

sirboby wrote: »
    Just picked up my first slice of Amazon at 2730, here is hoping this cliff does not have much further to go

Picked up 2 yesterday thinking there's no way it could fall another 5-6%. I thought today would be a breather before another red day on Monday.

Jobless figures in the US weren't bad after all so not sure why the big sell off today. Amazon especially - announces 10,000 more jobs and it drops 6%, bizarre. Half wondering if I should add another one to the basket.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

You should be in all cash and out of market
    The American government has dumped billions into the market to keep it high until November's election after that it will drop as there are millions unemployed who can't pay rent or morgage. There's a few tech stocks moving the market higher but the rest stock market is sick. Covid. Will do long term damage to market

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Guys we could see more correction, correction we have all been waiting for....so hold your horses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Jesus lads it's a bloodbath, down 2k over the past 2 days. Send your thoughts and prayers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

I'm a spoofer. Sold my Netflix after saying I'm in long term. Don't have the stomach for it. Lost most (but not all) of my profit on it.

Now to stand back and watch the madness unfold.

• Advertisement

I'm not selling, I'm in my positions with a long term view (30+ years)

Think I'll stop looking at my degiro and turn off cnbc for a while though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

I'm not selling, I'm in my positions with a long term view (30+ years)

Think I'll stop looking at my degiro and turn off cnbc for a while though!

Selling was the biggest mistake I made back in Feb/March. I'm not going to make the same mistake again. Degiro is set up to put the fear in you so that you increase the transaction count. Just wait and you'll see next week they'll be talking about vaccines and "positive outlooks" and the green wave will pick up again.

Really its currency you need to watch out for. I think the dollar will spring back up when Trump wins in November - if he doesn't win then say goodbye to your portfolio!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

I bought some lemonade today not a big buy by any means will add more if it shows some promise.

bfa1509 wrote: »
    Selling was the biggest mistake I made back in Feb/March. I'm not going to make the same mistake again. Degiro is set up to put the fear in you so that you increase the transaction count. Just wait and you'll see next week they'll be talking about vaccines and "positive outlooks" and the green wave will pick up again.

Really its currency you need to watch out for. I think the dollar will spring back up when Trump wins in November - if he doesn't win then say goodbye to your portfolio!

Time in the market > timing the market

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Boohoo! We're all down a few thousand...

The last few weeks we were up a few K!

So nothing has changed really..

..only a more acceptable entry point into some tech stocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Time in the market > timing the market

A sound rule of thumb and good advice for all to follow.

I get the bulk of my market exposure via my pension which I'll continue to make AVC's into regardless of what happens in the market. It has 35+ years to sit there and grow. The bit of trading I do via Degiro /IB is more of a hobby so I'll indulge in some speculative attempts at market timing, but this isn't at all suitable for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Boohoo! We're all down a few thousand...

The last few weeks we were up a few K!

So nothing has changed really..

..only a more acceptable entry point into some tech stocks!

Absolute bloodbath 2days for me but I'm literally only back where I was on the 26th August ha.

I get the bulk of my market exposure via my pension which I'll continue to make AVC's into regardless of what happens in the market. It has 35+ years to sit there and grow. The bit of trading I do via Degiro /IB is more of a hobby so I'll indulge in some speculative attempts at market timing, but this isn't at all suitable for everyone.

Indeed I do the same, max out my pension but I still have a chunk left over, so better putting it to work in the markets than sitting earning 0.1% interest. I do own some gold though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Lemonade looking well oversold and nearly at IPO levels, anyone a view as considering a position?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

AmberGold wrote: »
    Lemonade looking well oversold and nearly at IPO levels, anyone a view as considering a position?

I bought it at $62 :(

• Advertisement

AmberGold wrote: »

The fizz looks to have gone out of it. The bubbles have burst, and is leaving a bitter taste.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I bought it at $62 :(

As the saying goes, after DD if it was a good buy at $62, it's an even better buy now at mid $40s.

HODL and possibly average down if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

As the saying goes, after DD if it was a good buy at $62, it's an even better buy now at mid $40s.

HODL and possibly average down if possible.

Definitely holding, I'll see how next week goes and may add more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Any sign of the Snowflake IPO happening anytime soon??

Also, are people who are buying here gonna buy straight from the off? Wait a few days/weeks/months (in the hopes of subsequent drops)? Or DCA it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

hottipper wrote: »
    Which ones are you in Valhallapt? would love to just buy arks etf but don't have the option

Disproportionately in $crsp and also some holding some $edit and $sgmo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Valhallapt wrote: »
    Disproportionately in $crsp and also some holding some $edit and $sgmo

Is there anytime time scale on when we need to be bought into CRSPR or EDIT for? I thought there was a big read out that would affect the two. Have funds in Q4 earmarked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Rothmans wrote: »
    Any sign of the Snowflake IPO happening anytime soon??

Also, are people who are buying here gonna buy straight from the off? Wait a few days/weeks/months (in the hopes of subsequent drops)? Or DCA it?
    Could dump , could pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I would be the same myself. I did cash out of all my positions lately though. The market just is making no sense to me whatsoever and any fundamental analysis I done is now pointless. Docusign for example performed great as expected outperformed earnings expectations by 100% and has fallen back massively.i cashed out Tuesday at 265 earning were Thursday and now it's at 216. Madness!

• Advertisement
Advertisement