Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I bought it at $62 :(

Same - doubled down again in the high 40s

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

smurgen wrote: »
    I would be the same myself. I did cash out of all my positions lately though. The market just is making no sense to me whatsoever and any fundamental analysis I done is now pointless. Docusign for example performed great as expected outperformed earnings expectations by 100% and has fallen back massively.i cashed out Tuesday at 265 earning were Thursday and now it's at 216. Madness!

Docusign was $216 last weekend, it's $216 this weekend, if you're investing, look at the big picture, they've put up a great quarter, that backs up a big gain in the quarter, and has the right product in a business scenario that seems purpose-built for it. No reason to think they won't continue to have above average business performance and share performance (albeit not at the same share increase again next quarter).

Covid has knocked these companies on 5-10 years, so really we're looking at speeding everything up that extent, they should settle to regular growth rates now that users and investors have adapted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Like many, I cashed out after Thursday. With uncertainly at the moment I presume a lot of people will just do nothing for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Thank god the US markets are closed tomorrow :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭ChuckieEgg

• Advertisement

Thank god the US markets are closed tomorrow :)

Ok, market open today. People planning on sitting on any withdrawn cash & wait to see if the market continues to be violate? Many that dropped heavily on Thursday recovered slightly on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

dinneenp wrote: »
    Ok, market open today. People planning on sitting on any withdrawn cash & wait to see if the market continues to be violate? Many that dropped heavily on Thursday recovered slightly on Friday.

I think Tech is still in for a fall.. pre market looking at Apple (5%), Tesla (16%) and Slack (3%) all down.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah big red day again, there'll be a great buying opportunity sometime this week, timing it is nigh on impossible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Congrats anyone that bought into $VXRT or $INO looks like major news today, should see both make nice advances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Yeah big red day again, there'll be a great buying opportunity sometime this week, timing it is nigh on impossible

Yeah I'm really trying to guess when is a good time to get in? And on who. Maybe just go long-term and the relative safety of apple?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Tesla 359$ in premarket, or 1800$ pre split levels, so it's literally only given back 3wks worth of gains. Very healthy pullback so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Timmaay wrote: »
    Tesla 359$ in premarket, or 1800$ pre split levels, so it's literally only given back 3wks worth of gains. Very healthy pullback so far.

Currently down 15% pre market.

We’ll see were it goes but I don’t think “healthy pullback” is a way to describe it a 15% drop before markets even open. The price still is very high and a correction is welcome, but 15% is too violent to be called healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Not sure why the news of Softbank buying out tech stocks is bad for the market. Surely it means they have confidence it will do well?

Now if there was wind of them selling then it would make sense.

I still don't understand why Amazon is plunging. Just think of all the xmas shopping that will be moving online in the coming months!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

In this age of mental PE multiples, Apple and FB are heading towards reasonably priced territory. Will be keeping an eye on them.

bfa1509 wrote: »
    Not sure why the news of Softbank buying out tech stocks is bad for the market. Surely it means they have confidence it will do well?

If I get it right, SoftBank had built very leveraged positions with options. I.e. as far as I can tell it looks more like short term speculation (based on market sentiment expectations) than long term investment (based on fundamentals).

Bob24 wrote: »
    Currently down 15% pre market.

We’ll see were it goes but I don’t think “healthy pullback” is a way to describe it a 15% drop before markets even open. The price still is very high and a correction is welcome, but 15% is too violent to be called healthy.

Here's a chart of the tesla price last few months adjusted for the stock split, look at how crazy far above that trend line we still are, and even that trend line is fairly ambitious 2bh. If the pullback is 30% in one day or 2%/day across 2wks it doesn't matter, it simply had to come back.

If the pullback is 30% in one day or 2%/day across 2wks it doesn't matter, it simply had to come back.

From a fundamental price analysis perspective it makes no difference, yes.

But from a perspective of market dynamics it does make a difference. And to me it is clear that Tesla is currently trading more based on trend and market sentiment than based on fundamental analysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Degiro seems to be down for me anyway

Here's a chart of the tesla price last few months adjusted for the stock split, look at how crazy far above that trend line we still are, and even that trend line is fairly ambitious 2bh. If the pullback is 30% in one day or 2%/day across 2wks it doesn't matter, it simply had to come back.

Where is this chart from please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Degiro down, FFS...

• Advertisement

Degiro seems to be down for me anyway

Please be aware that we are currently experiencing issues with data updates for the trading platform. We are troubleshooting with highest priority.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Twitter is lighting up with degiro crash

Twitter is lighting up with degiro crash

Looks like it's back. NBT.

dinneenp wrote: »
    Where is this chart from please?

Trading view

Something serious wrong with my account... Had a stop loss hit my acc on NIO got email confirmation happy days ... Now its back in my portfolio

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

Something serious wrong with my account... Had a stop loss hit my acc on NIO got email confirmation happy days ... Now its back in my portfolio

WHAT?!?

Don't know what's going on the trade even shows up on my transactions tab as being completed but showing in my portfolio as well... Not complaining at the moment I'm up but!!!

I'd say you're fine. Even though my Degiro was FUBAR it still completed my open order (unfortunately).

I'd say you're fine. Even though my Degiro was FUBAR it still completed my open order (unfortunately).

You could be right even though NIO are still showing in my portfolio it won't let me sell them yet when I go to purchase shares the correct amount of euros is showing as available to trade weird

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

nikola doing well up 40% on some GM partnership
    slack recovering well also but has earnings today - should be interesting, i'm holding it anyways for at least another year.

Advertisement