Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

OwlsZat wrote: »
    Congrats anyone that bought into $VXRT or $INO looks like major news today, should see both make nice advances.

I have both of them and was excited pre-market but that fizzled
    Timmaay wrote: »
    Tesla 359$ in premarket, or 1800$ pre split levels, so it's literally only given back 3wks worth of gains. Very healthy pullback so far.

technically speaking it's bear market for Tesla, and looking very attractive but when you look at the broader picture as you noted it only gave up last 3 weeks gains and still very expensive...probably below 300 would be a good point of entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

technically speaking it's bear market for Tesla, and looking very attractive but when you look at the broader picture as you noted it only gave up last 3 weeks gains and still very expensive...probably below 300 would be a good point of entry.

I think if it drops under 300 it will quickly head towards 250 or less, a hell of alot of investors who only got in the last month or so will be shocked and panic sell. More likely I think is it will bounce around 320 which is 1600$ pre stock and the previous high in June. In any case I think I'll slowly buy back into it across the next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Invested in Slack a few weeks back and paying for it now -19% pre market already, probably go down another 10% - I'll be sure to put my trades up in the future and you guys can do the opposite!

Any one else have Slack and see it coming back?

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭jams100

Looking to get back in on Microsoft again soon. Sold for 228 last week going to try wait for a sub 200 price.

Looking to get back in on amzn and alphabet too when they (hopefully) drop a bit more.

I like what Crowdstrike do. They are a cloud based company that stop malware breaches which has good potential for growth with an increasing number of employees wfh. They just haven't dropped as much as the other tech companies which is a little frustrating have set a 112 buy order but tempted to increase that slightly, it would be a long term play for me.

Finally as very much a risk lemonade, I'd rather wait until I could see some more of their earning and growth but as I said I see this one as a bit of a punt which I wouldnt normally do.

Bought more shell today, will buy more again if it touches $25.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

DutchYurt wrote: »
    Invested in Slack a few weeks back and paying for it now -19% pre market already, probably go down another 10% - I'll be sure to put my trades up in the future and you guys can do the opposite!

Not close to Slack but my guess would be without a competitive free service there is not much growth for them unless they succeed in suing MS Teams and forcing a change in the business model which is the longest of shots. Other long shot is competitors become compromised from security POV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

dayum it really got murdered wasn't expecting that, i'm gonna stick with it no choice now.

buffet investing in snowflake now also
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/08/berkshire-hathaway-salesforce-agree-to-buy-into-snowflake-ipo-.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Ya it seems the market is done with >50% runs on the slighest bit of news. I'll take any positive news all the same. Especially, anything that validates the science. The level of the VXRT reponse was surprisingly strong. Also bad news today from the Oxford trial stacks with the informal stuff I was reading about the trouble with AEs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Yeah im in it for the long term, my BEP is just under $29, will load up with some more if it dips a bit more.

My tech stocks are holding up ok, pulled back but still in the green.
    Oil stocks seem to have collapsed again, Tullow Oil down 14% this morning and nearly 50% in a month, Marathon oil down similar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

I've been picking up Zuora at $10, it's dropped a lot in the last week from highs of $16. They help companies launch subscription services which is getting more and more prevalent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭antimatterx

hottipper wrote: »
    dayum it really got murdered wasn't expecting that, i'm gonna stick with it no choice now.

buffet investing in snowflake now also
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/08/berkshire-hathaway-salesforce-agree-to-buy-into-snowflake-ipo-.html

That gives me further confidence that I'll make money off it when it goes public.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

That gives me further confidence that I'll make money off it when it goes public.

How do you reckon you'll be able to buy? It'll spike 100% in the first 30 seconds with the amount of hype this has created. Any hope we had of buying at a regular price has been shattered by Buffet's comments

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Pelezico

Just had a nibble in DS Smith which has reinstated its dividend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Pelezico wrote: »
    Just had a nibble in DS Smith which has reinstated its dividend.

Noticed that announcement... and am also looking for an entry into SKG, Mondi & DS Smith myself..... but just don't think they have bottomed out sufficiently yet.... Have you any particular reasoning for jumping in today?
    For example DS Smith rose about 7% yesterday and will probably drift back down again over the next few days with the jittery market.....and be more attractive then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Timmaay wrote: »
    I think if it drops under 300 it will quickly head towards 250 or less, a hell of alot of investors who only got in the last month or so will be shocked and panic sell. More likely I think is it will bounce around 320 which is 1600$ pre stock and the previous high in June. In any case I think I'll slowly buy back into it across the next month.

I did put in a order at 330 for a few literally at the closing but it didnt go through...wonder will i rue the missed chance now :)

bcklschaps wrote: »
    Noticed that announcement... and am also looking for an entry into SKG, Mondi & DS Smith myself..... but just don't think they have bottomed out sufficiently yet.... Have you any particular reasoning for jumping in today?
    For example DS Smith rose about 7% yesterday and will probably drift back down again over the next few days with the jittery market.....and be more attractive then.

I have been in and out of Smith's for a few years. I think they are cheap under 300p. But they may get cheaper. A good play on the increasing role of packaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Does anyone know any site that has options, small cap stocks & warrants?

I want to trade spac warrants but Degiro doesnt have them, tried webull and tdameritrade but couldnt open an account.

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Does anyone know any site that has options, small cap stocks & warrants?

I want to trade spac warrants but Degiro doesnt have them, tried webull and tdameritrade but couldnt open an account.

Can I ask why, was considering approacing them due to certain Degiro limitations.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    How do you reckon you'll be able to buy? It'll spike 100% in the first 30 seconds with the amount of hype this has created. Any hope we had of buying at a regular price has been shattered by Buffet's comments

Yeah kinda wish he wasn't involved either better to get cheap stocks :pac:.

Next Wednesday 16 September 2020

Shares to be priced between $75 to $85 per-share, valuing the firm between $21 - $24 billion. The IPO could raise ~$2.7 billion (maybe more by Wednesday)

Not gonna go crazy on this now will buy some out the gate just to get some skin in the game the dollar cost average up or down the market over time.

Degiro probably wont list it till a few days after

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

I have a problem maybe one of you could help with, I've a small holding in donegal investment group. Degiro emailed to say they could only display end of day prices and told me to use yahoo finance. Fine. Went there and last price is end of day on the 7th of this month. Where do I get a reliable price?

On a different note DKNG up 6.5% so I'm a happy boy today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

I have a problem maybe one of you could help with, I've a small holding in donegal investment group. Degiro emailed to say they could only display end of day prices and told me to use yahoo finance. Fine. Went there and last price is end of day on the 7th of this month. Where do I get a reliable price?

I thought they only did fish?

I'll see myself out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

I am not familiar with this company at all TBH, but it seems to be rather illiquid. The Euronext website only mentions 4 transactions on Monday all at the same price of 12.50, and nothing since then. This might be why the chart looks like the way it does (and even directly from the source - on the Euronext website - there are no intraday price changes).

See: https://live.euronext.com/en/product/equities/IE00BLRPQQ22-XESM/donegal-investment/dq7a/quotes

Any of you guys into fresnillo?

Must be making a fortune with silver price going north.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Donegal Investments rarely trade, soo the price will only update when they do. I have a couple of shares in Abbey, Ovoca Bio & Yew Grove REIT all on ISEQ (same story, they only trade, maybe 2 or 3 times per week) you are forced to guesstimate what the prevailing price is.

The ISEQ website and Davy Stockbrokers website are good places to see Irish Share prices.

Degiro doesn't seem to get a live feed from Euronext Dublin (ISEQ)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

hottipper wrote: »
    Yeah kinda wish he wasn't involved either better to get cheap stocks :pac:.

Next Wednesday 16 September 2020

Shares to be priced between $75 to $85 per-share, valuing the firm between $21 - $24 billion. The IPO could raise ~$2.7 billion (maybe more by Wednesday)

Not gonna go crazy on this now will buy some out the gate just to get some skin in the game the dollar cost average up or down the market over time.

Degiro probably wont list it till a few days after

I suspect it'll be $130 by the time mortals get to buy, but probably back under $100 by end of the month

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Whst are people's expectations on FMCI, supposedly going to announce the merger this month.Personally hoping it gets to 40/50$, ambitious maybe but for a SPAC 100% upside from current levels might well be doable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭micar

Tesla

At work, a customer put in €500k in May......now worth €1.3m

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Donegal Investments rarely trade, soo the price will only update when they do. I have a couple of shares in Abbey, Ovoca Bio & Yew Grove REIT all on ISEQ (same story, they only trade, maybe 2 or 3 times per week) you are forced to guesstimate what the prevailing price is.

The ISEQ website and Davy Stockbrokers website are good places to see Irish Share prices.

Degiro doesn't seem to get a live feed from Euronext Dublin (ISEQ)

But I've hibernia reit as well and it's a live price feed

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

micar wrote: »
    Tesla

At work, a customer put in €500k in May......now worth €1.3m

does he still need to go to work ?

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Whst are people's expectations on FMCI, supposedly going to announce the merger this month.Personally hoping it gets to 40/50$, ambitious maybe but for a SPAC 100% upside from current levels might well be doable.

Looks like $FMCI is merging with Tattooed Chef (https://tattooedchef.com)
    Could be a good one - might take it as a trade
    Theres another one also - BurgerFi merging with Opes Acquisition $OPES (https://www.burgerfi.com/)
    Could be good also
    both seem to be taking off now - bit extended already but you never know in this market

Im thinking of investing in this one - hello fresh (german company- growing all over) $HFG
    https://www.hellofreshgroup.com/en/about-us
    https://ir.hellofreshgroup.com/download/companies/hellofresh/Quarterly%20Reports/DE000A161408-Q2-2020-EQ-E-00.pdf
    Good results - could be covid bounce
    its like a netflix for food - dinner in a box subscription service :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

But I've hibernia reit as well and it's a live price feed

Because there are a lot more transactions for it which allow to derive a market price: https://live.euronext.com/en/product/equities/IE00BGHQ1986-XMSM

According to Euronext Dublin, 417 transactions for Hibernian Reit today vs 0 for Donegal investment. If people aren’t transacting, no market price can be derived.

Advertisement