Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Bob24 wrote: »
    Because there are a lot more transactions for it which allow to derive a market price: https://live.euronext.com/en/product/equities/IE00BGHQ1986-XMSM

According to Euronext Dublin, 417 transactions for Hibernian Reit today vs 0 for Donegal investment. If people aren’t transacting, no market price can be derived.

Gotcha yeah but I'm just wondering why degiro can't display a live price for donegal (currently end of day) while it can for hibernia; when they are on the same exchange

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Whst are people's expectations on FMCI, supposedly going to announce the merger this month.Personally hoping it gets to 40/50$, ambitious maybe but for a SPAC 100% upside from current levels might well be doable.

Iv'e 50 shares and its going well, like nikola when it launches ill take my initial investment out and let it freeroll.

3/4's of my portfolios are spac's i get a lot of info from twitter. Just put the ticker with the $ sign in front of it it search. $fmci

https://twitter.com/search?q=%24fmci&src=typed_query

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Does anyone know any site that has options, small cap stocks & warrants?

I want to trade spac warrants but Degiro doesnt have them, tried webull and tdameritrade but couldnt open an account.

I googled webull europe and a couple of reddit threads said it wasnt available. i created a tdameritrade account and it then said its not available to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

hottipper wrote: »
    Looks like $FMCI is merging with Tattooed Chef (https://tattooedchef.com)
    Could be a good one - might take it as a trade
    Theres another one also - BurgerFi merging with Opes Acquisition $OPES (https://www.burgerfi.com/)
    Could be good also
    both seem to be taking off now - bit extended already but you never know in this market

Im thinking of investing in this one - hello fresh (german company- growing all over) $HFG
    https://www.hellofreshgroup.com/en/about-us
    https://ir.hellofreshgroup.com/download/companies/hellofresh/Quarterly%20Reports/DE000A161408-Q2-2020-EQ-E-00.pdf
    Good results - could be covid bounce
    its like a netflix for food - dinner in a box subscription service :D

Hellofresh SE seems to be taking a bit of hammering today

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

awhir wrote: »
    Hellofresh SE seems to be taking a bit of hammering today

-4% nothing scary. It might pop down to tap the 200 day (red line another 18% discount). Ill let you know when i enter if you like.
    https://ibb.co/xF0ZL4f

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

hottipper wrote: »
    -4% nothing scary. It might pop down to tap the 200 day (red line another 18% discount). Ill let you know when i enter if you like.
    https://ibb.co/xF0ZL4f

Yeah that would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Whst are people's expectations on FMCI, supposedly going to announce the merger this month.Personally hoping it gets to 40/50$, ambitious maybe but for a SPAC 100% upside from current levels might well be doable.

I'm in this since $12 also. It's a tough one to value. Comparing it to the other publicly listed plant-based food company:
    Beyond Meat - Q2 Revenue $113M - Market Cap - 8.6bn
    Tattoo Chef - Q2 Revenue $32M - Market Cap - .65bn

So taking it that BYND is about 3.5x the Revenue, going on the same valuation, Tattoo Chef is currently 4 times undervalued compared to Beyond Meat (should be a market Cap of about $2.4bn).

Clearly that's a very rough figure, and is based off a probably overvalued Beyond Meat. Still, no reason to think this won't get to $50 by Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Down 5% over the last month. Still holding a bit of cash on the sidelines waiting for some entries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I'm in this since $12 also. It's a tough one to value. Comparing it to the other publicly listed plant-based food company:
    Beyond Meat - Q2 Revenue $113M - Market Cap - 8.6bn
    Tattoo Chef - Q2 Revenue $32M - Market Cap - .65bn

So taking it that BYND is about 3.5x the Revenue, going on the same valuation, Tattoo Chef is currently 4 times undervalued compared to Beyond Meat (should be a market Cap of about $2.4bn).

Clearly that's a very rough figure, and is based off a probably overvalued Beyond Meat. Still, no reason to think this won't get to $50 by Christmas

Took your advice on this last time and now evident I didn't buy enough. Kicking myself as sitting on losses in some oil stocks I thought I was getting in on at the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    Sold all my Tesla shares during the big drop last week. Thinking of buying back now. I know impossible to cal but do people think they'll drop further, seem stable atm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

TSLA is a basket case for me at the moment, too volatile - took a small position yesterday @$350 and got out at 361.20, but that could have gone either way in 20mins. I will be avoiding it for a while personally

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

It's priced at 950x earnings, would avoid altogether.

It's priced at 950x earnings, would avoid altogether.

Yes agree, it's a meme stock with its price fuelled by robinhood traders with no sports to bet on

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    Sold all my Tesla shares during the big drop last week. Thinking of buying back now. I know impossible to cal but do people think they'll drop further, seem stable atm

Can I ask what's the logic for buying it? If there's none then investors are somewhat in a pyramid scheme. Bit harsh maybe... Another question, what would happen to the stock if Musk dropped down from a heart attack.

My guess...

I see Atari(R) released a new game. More out of curiosity than anything (haven't seen the company referenced in a long time) I looked up the company. I noticed Degiro shows the order book for this stock (EPA exchange).

I think this is also called level two - but it's not showing up for the Nasdaq on Degiro. I pay the €5 each month for live feed, but is there a way to get the order book detail?

Nikola getting slated on twitter- https://hindenburgresearch.com/nikola/

Hindenburgh are crooks but they could wreck nikola short term

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Just had a read through the thread. They wouldn't be the first of my stocks that have been busted by Hindenburgh, but surely GM and other partners have seen more in real life, than Hindenburgh have seen in screenshots from YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

The more I read about NKLA the more suspicious I became of their claims despite doing very nicely on the trade. You'd think that if GM are getting involved they must do some fairly solid due diligence.

While Hindenburg are probably right on some points I'd say some of their claims are exaggerated though that's not to say they can't have a serious effect on a stock. I remember they did a hatchet job on Aphria about 2 years ago and it still hasn't recovered.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Can I ask what's the logic for buying it? If there's none then investors are somewhat in a pyramid scheme. Bit harsh maybe... Another question, what would happen to the stock if Musk dropped down from a heart attack.

My guess...

A few reasons-
    - the cult of Elon is one... He's obsessive, driven, a workaholic.
    - the Apple-fanboy factor- Telsa are like Apple at their peak. People love Tesla, the man on the street knows Tesla (call it the pyramid scheme if you want)
    - Great value car & they have a lead on others. Their man challenge is ramping up production, if they can do this I think they'll fly (again).
    - China is a massive market and the Chinese with money love Western goods & to be seen with a Tesla is a status symbol
    - Berlin factory in production
    - Battery day

dinneenp wrote: »
    A few reasons-
    - the cult of Elon is one... He's obsessive, driven, a workaholic.
    - the Apple-fanboy factor- Telsa are like Apple at their peak. People love Tesla, the man on the street knows Tesla (call it the pyramid scheme if you want)
    - Great value car & they have a lead on others. Their man challenge is ramping up production, if they can do this I think they'll fly (again).
    - China is a massive market and the Chinese with money love Western goods & to be seen with a Tesla is a status symbol
    - Berlin factory in production
    - Battery day

Thanks. I don't buy into that being enough to justify the price though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭HelloYoungBoy

Does anyone invest in dividend growth stocks? The majority here seem to invest in pure growth stocks like myself but I would like to start diversifying my portfolio a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Does anyone invest in dividend growth stocks? The majority here seem to invest in pure growth stocks like myself but I would like to start diversifying my portfolio a bit

think somebody mentioned before with regards dividends that you need to remember in Ireland they are subject to tax as need to be declared as income and if you are in high tax bracket its a fair chunk out of your profit so not really worth it - stand corrected though !

whatever76 wrote: »
    think somebody mentioned before with regards dividends that you need to remember in Ireland they are subject to tax as need to be declared as income and if you are in high tax bracket its a fair chunk out of your profit so not really worth it - stand corrected though !

Would suit those retired and little to no other income.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭antimatterx

You only pay tax if you make money. You the % difference between paying income tax vs capital gains is so low, I think people are mad to not invest in dividend stocks because of tax.

Yes it really depends on your tax bracket, 40% of your income isn't attractive compared to 33% cgt (not to mention the annual allowance)

You only pay tax if you make money. You the % difference between paying income tax vs capital gains is so low, I think people are mad to not invest in dividend stocks because of tax.

Not entirely correct, you get a circa 1,200 tax free allowance for cgt

Loving DKNG right now, up 7%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

manonboard wrote: »
    AMC Entertainment Holdings Inc
    NYSE: AMC are a company i entered today for a long view.

A very profitable entertainment company with cinema/theaters etc.

I feel we know enough about covid now to see the end of it around the corner of next year for rich western countries.
    The stock price took a hammering as expected..and is only now starting to recover.

Their cash took a huge hit of course, but they've been getting enough investment to continue expansion!

Thinking of entering today, as the price looks attractive, or maybe wait for Q3 results and enter after that?

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Sorolla

Start of with something basic:

Johnson & Johnson
    Nestle
    Reckitt Benckiser
    Unilever

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Sorolla wrote: »
    Start of with something basic:

Johnson & Johnson
    Nestle
    Reckitt Benckiser
    Unilever

Are J and J not still in ongoing hot water over their baby powder?

Advertisement