Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

IAG down to a new low of €1.11, down another 10c/8.5%. Is it lack of confidence in the company, confusion over the rights issue or fundamental underlying issues. Other airlines have held up better. Is it oversold or am I missing something (not holding IAG currently, but was considering long term).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Ouch Trevor Milton resigns from NKLA. They are going to get shorted badly in the morning.

https://www.freightwaves.com/news/breaking-news-trevor-milton-out-of-nikola

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Bought my first warrants yesterday, in the SPAC "PSTH". It's Bill Ackman's SPAC. He apparently tried to convince AirBnB to use his SPAC, so gives an idea of the type of company he's looking at.

Where did you buy the warrants, i've been looking ages trying to find an exchange to do them.

Just put in a hopeful 4,000 shares at €1.00 for IAG. Not sure I want to complete :confused::rolleyes: It has gone under £1 on the LSE.

Edit, what happens if it goes below the €0.92 rights issue price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭franglan

Yeah it's a very long term hold for me

We must have a small club all of us in the same boat here. So many radio shows and podcasts arguing handicap and total points bettong lines for American sports now. Some are sponsored by Draft Kings. When betting is eventually legal in each state in the US it'll continue to go from strength to strength.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Where did you buy the warrants, i've been looking ages trying to find an exchange to do them.

Setup an account with Interactive Brokers for my "alternative" stuff.

This is what i was getting, no US option.

Capture.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Just put in a hopeful 4,000 shares at €1.00 for IAG. Not sure I want to complete :confused::rolleyes: It has gone under £1 on the LSE.

Edit, what happens if it goes below the €0.92 rights issue price.

If it goes below .92 cents,I don't think many would be interested in the rights issue.

If I was you and intend to buy 4K worth of IAG shares, wouldn't buy them in 1 go.

I have an a/c set-up with IB, but for some reason reluctant to use it. I just like easy to use Degiro.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭positron

Got in on the $Kodak upswing. Bailed as I listened to The Donald speech when I realised he wasn't going to mention Kodak I sold to a very active market taking a good gain.

Still one I'll keep an eye on. Very high volumes and patriotic purchasing keeping it high.

Again?!! Wasn't' there a ginormous hype and an equally brutal drop on Kodak just a few months ago?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

I have an a/c set-up with IB, but for some reason reluctant to use it. I just like easy to use Degiro.

With the additional online information Interactive Brokers provide, access to markets and the stability of the platform I'm considering moving everything across from DeGiro.

Any recent IPO's, Warrants and SPAC have appeared well in advance of DeGiro for some reason.

positron wrote: »
      Again?!! Wasn't' there a ginormous hype and an equally brutal drop on Kodak just a few months ago?
      Yes, again. The company hired lawyers that exonerated them. I made €5k, god bless 'Merica.*
      *not a derogatory comment btw, it's proudly used.

If it goes below .92 cents,I don't think many would be interested in the rights issue.

If I was you and intend to buy 4K worth of IAG shares, wouldn't buy them in 1 go.

Yeah, I've cancelled entirely. It's down to €1.03 now. And the way it usually works is that it'll drop another chunk on opening tomorrow.

I suspect it might drop to at least the Rights price. I think it's over sold as is, but might prefer it to start upwards again.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

Anyone looking at lloyds... Might be worth a pun

I have 95% of my money on Degiro. Use Revolut for fractional shares (Amazon) and use Interactive Brokers for anything that Degiro doesn't have (warrants, new SPAC's, Pink Sheets)

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
      This is what i was getting, no US option.

Capture.jpg
      I can't even remember that screen to be honest. Have you set up an account? IF you type in PSTH, there's an option there for July 24 '25 23 Call - currently at $8.10 - that's the warrant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Anyone have the liathróidí to take a punt on a bank today?

bcklschaps wrote: »
      Anyone have the liathróidí to take a punt on a bank today?

Zero attraction at the best of times :P HSBC only 3% down, it's shareholders probably approving of their actions :D

Banks wouldn't appeal to most ......... things will get worse before they get better so anyone seriously interested in investing in banks will have plenty opportunity to buy in over the next 12/36 months.

From a taking a punt viewpoint I'd struggle to see any appeal either tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭jams100

20 stocks. 20 Red :eek:
      Bought another Amazon share today, they are going to once again have phenomenal sales in Q3 and more so in Q4!

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

jams100 wrote: »
      20 stocks. 20 Red :eek:
      Bought another Amazon share today, they are going to once again have phenomenal sales in Q3 and more so in Q4!

All red here too, years of gains being wiped out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Pelezico wrote: »
      I have been in and out of Smith's for a few years. I think they are cheap under 300p. But they may get cheaper. A good play on the increasing role of packaging.

DS Smith 270p today. Picked up a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭peterofthebr

looking at BAT atm..on LSE ..

Any particular reason?

Any particular reason?

good dividend, company steady enough.,... will look to see if i can get 60-100p return per share...

buy on the dip :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

As in, British american tobacco? I've been looking at them for quite a while also. Tobacco stocks generally don't really seem to have recovered since the March dip. BATS seems undervalued

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Rothmans wrote: »
      As in, British american tobacco? I've been looking at them for quite a while also. Tobacco stocks generally don't really seem to have recovered since the March dip. BATS seems undervalued

Based on your username alone I believe that you have inside knowledge

Rothmans wrote: »

hi yes british american tobacco - on LSE bat.l .. bought in there at £26.21 before 4pm...was looking to buy somthing on the slide today -

folks, anything decent to pick for short-medium term please?

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

All red here too, years of gains being wiped out :(
      Years? What?

Tech is on a pullback from ridiculous prices.
      Most other stocks are down but not near recent March lows.

I'm still up +40% in LUV and +30% in DAL.

+100% in MSFT + NVDA, +400% AMD

In saying all that, I've made about 3-4% since 2019 across the board.

Advertisement