Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

Heimdallr wrote: »
    really like the look of a small cap (<600m) bio company biocryst pharma (BCRX), currently under $4 and has many catalysts coming up such as PDUFA in December for berotralstat which treats hereditary angioedema. Should hear covid 19 phase 1 trial results for a drug called galidesivir, similar to remdesivir but less toxic and can be taken orally.

Already in my portfolio but my bep is higher than $4. It has a few interesting products in the pipeline alright.
    All this Covid stuff is taking the gloss off the inroads many bio companies are making on other ailments. May have to wait a year or 2 for all the dust to settle and the likes of BCRX to get the attention they are due.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Scrunch

doctorg wrote: »
    Anyone know when the purchased IAG rights issue become exercisable ? I thought the date was 7th but in Degiro they are still non-tradeable

Exercisable since yesterday (8th) for me on Degiro. Now just showing original + rights shares as one combined value. My 'Account statement' shows a sale of the non-tradable shares @ 0.92 and a purchase of the actual shares at the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭PHG

Currently Own:

Stock Strategy (UK Stocks)
    Clipper Logistics
    Spirent Communications
    Keyword Studios
    Plus 500

Watchlist

Volex Plc but it is on a Yellow card atm

Speculative Strategy
    Long S&P
    Long BoI
    Long Bitcoin

Anyone else trade UK Shares? Not looking to compare strategies, just curious

My speculative strategy is with Degiro but the the stock strategy is all done via Spreadbetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Endo International . Pharma Company recently announced its began shipping generic kuvan tablets, powder and oral solution, also at phase 3 of covid vaccine trials.

Has anyone bought these recently?

Was trading at 3.31 a week ago and now it's 4.96!

Jumped to 5.19 already after writing this...

KODAK up 11%, NYCT up 15% today ..
    where the Friday sell off, either Wall St is leading us all by the nose and going to pull the rug out, or else the bull is loose cos it thinks Covid is beat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Lemonade having a lovely week - up 30% since Monday.

RIGOLO wrote: »
    KODAK up 11%, NYCT up 15% today ..
    where the Friday sell off, either Wall St is leading us all by the nose and going to pull the rug out, or else the bull is loose cos it thinks Covid is beat.
    Yeah crazy weeks of stocks, my portfolio is up 8% in the week, 5% and 6% the past 2 weeks. This isn’t normal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Aideen1 wrote: »
    My bets this year:

Hubspot
    Fiverr
    Pinterest
    Square
    Wix.com

Can anyone recommend a good investment platform in Ireland with low fees. In the UK I used Hargreaves Lansdowne which charged a small set fee when you transacted, i.e. if you bought X shares it cost like 11e which went to Hargreaves. They also took a certain percentage of the profit for certain tracker funds. i.e. if you bought any of the Vanguard funds they'd take a percentage (which was in the fine print).

Does anyone have any advice on what the best platform is in Ireland?

Is that you Tom?? ;)

How are the rest of the folks at fool.com?

Hard to beat Degiro for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Stole this from another forum:

(First two figures sourced from RR RI infographic)
    No. of Shares Today (Before RI): 1,930,000,000 (1.93bn)
    No. of Shares Ex-Date RI: 8,370,000,000 (8.37bn)
    Today's Closing Share Price: 223.20 (in GBX @ Fri 9th October 2020)

Calculate Current (Today's) RR.L Market Value
    = Today's Closing SP * Today's Total Shares
    = 2.2320 * 1,930,000,000 (1.93bn)
    = 4,307,760,000 (4.3bn)

Calculate Amount/Cash Raised from RI
    10-to-3 RI (can by 10 right shares per 3 shares owned), each at 32p.

Firstly calculate amount of rights share being issued
    = (Today's Total Shares / Existing Shares Required for RI) * New Shares Being Issued from RI
    = (1,930,000,000 / 3) * 10
    = 6,433,333,333.33 (6.43bn) new shares being issued.

Now calculate the amount of capital being raised
    = New Shares Being Issued * Cost to Purchase New Rights Share (32p)
    = 6,433,333,333.33 (6.43bn) * 0.32
    = 2,058,666,666.67 (2.06bn)

Lastly, I'm just going to get an accurate number of total shares in the market after the RI.
    = No. of Shares Today + No. of Shares Being Issued
    = 1,930,000,000 (1.93bn) + 6,433,333,333.33 (6.43bn)
    = 8,363,333,333.33 (8.36bn)

Now we have all the necessary figures, we can now calculate the TERP.
    = (Today's Market Value + Capital Raised From RI) / No. of Total Shares after RI
    = (4,307,760,000 + 2,058,666,666.67) / 8,363,333,333.33
    = 0.76123076923
    = £0.76 (GBP) or 76.12 (GBX)

Stole this from another forum:

(First two figures sourced from RR RI infographic)
    No. of Shares Today (Before RI): 1,930,000,000 (1.93bn)
    No. of Shares Ex-Date RI: 8,370,000,000 (8.37bn)
    Today's Closing Share Price: 223.20 (in GBX @ Fri 9th October 2020)

Calculate Current (Today's) RR.L Market Value
    = Today's Closing SP * Today's Total Shares
    = 2.2320 * 1,930,000,000 (1.93bn)
    = 4,307,760,000 (4.3bn)

Calculate Amount/Cash Raised from RI
    10-to-3 RI (can by 10 right shares per 3 shares owned), each at 32p.

Firstly calculate amount of rights share being issued
    = (Today's Total Shares / Existing Shares Required for RI) * New Shares Being Issued from RI
    = (1,930,000,000 / 3) * 10
    = 6,433,333,333.33 (6.43bn) new shares being issued.

Now calculate the amount of capital being raised
    = New Shares Being Issued * Cost to Purchase New Rights Share (32p)
    = 6,433,333,333.33 (6.43bn) * 0.32
    = 2,058,666,666.67 (2.06bn)

Lastly, I'm just going to get an accurate number of total shares in the market after the RI.
    = No. of Shares Today + No. of Shares Being Issued
    = 1,930,000,000 (1.93bn) + 6,433,333,333.33 (6.43bn)
    = 8,363,333,333.33 (8.36bn)

Now we have all the necessary figures, we can now calculate the TERP.
    = (Today's Market Value + Capital Raised From RI) / No. of Total Shares after RI
    = (4,307,760,000 + 2,058,666,666.67) / 8,363,333,333.33
    = 0.76123076923
    = £0.76 (GBP) or 76.12 (GBX)

What's that all about or just a ramble?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

PHG wrote: »
    Currently Own:

Stock Strategy (UK Stocks)
    Clipper Logistics
    Spirent Communications
    Keyword Studios
    Plus 500

Watchlist

Volex Plc but it is on a Yellow card atm

Speculative Strategy
    Long S&P
    Long BoI
    Long Bitcoin

Anyone else trade UK Shares? Not looking to compare strategies, just curious

My speculative strategy is with Degiro but the the stock strategy is all done via Spreadbetting.

Yeah. I have a couple of UK stocks.

Grafton group
    Open Orphan
    DS Smith
    Breedon group

All doing nicely. Open Orphan is the star... up about 300% for me since March.

All the others up about 20% from my buy in prices...this summer.

As I have already said on this thread.... Charges in UK stocks are crazy though. €4 before you even start.

What's that all about or just a ramble?

Its saying RR would appear to be significantly over valued on the stock market right now and due a correction.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,276 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Its saying RR would appear to be significantly over valued on the stock market right now and due a correction.

Just noise as usual to feed the heard.... you can't say a stock is over or undervalued with that kind of nonsense and when it comes to right issues it's even more BS that usual.

Jim2007 wrote: »
    Just noise as usual to feed the heard.... you can't say a stock is over or undervalued with that kind of nonsense and when it comes to right issues it's even more BS that usual.

Perception is reality when it comes to share prices. IF it was priced correctly pre RI announcement then it's a fair revaluation.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,276 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Perception is reality when it comes to share prices. IF it was priced correctly pre RI announcement then it's a fair revaluation.

Yes, the price of everything and the value of nothing. The EMH is what allows the rest of us to make serious money.

Jim2007 wrote: »
    Yes, the price of everything and the value of nothing. The EMH is what allows the rest of us to make serious money.

EMH is clearly bollix :pac: If it were true share prices would not fluctuate so wildly without any additional info.

And that would stop you buying any stock?

And that would stop you buying any stock?

It's an indicator. Refer to IAG.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭robman60

Does anyone have any idea when the Airbnb Ipo is going to be? I know they were aiming for late this year and heard rumours it'd be before the election but haven't heard a peep for a while.

I've used this site as a host and a guest and I think it's got a great future. Regulatory risk yes but from what I can see everyone under 35 uses Airbnb rather than hotels unless they're just travelling with a partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭jams100

robman60 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea when the Airbnb Ipo is going to be? I know they were aiming for late this year and heard rumours it'd be before the election but haven't heard a peep for a while.

I've used this site as a host and a guest and I think it's got a great future. Regulatory risk yes but from what I can see everyone under 35 uses Airbnb rather than hotels unless they're just travelling with a partner.

Think its in December.
    Interested in them myself, also want to get into airlines (Iag and delta) holding out for iag for sub 0.95 & Delta 28, whether it will happen or thats my plan!

Given the likelihood of more lockdowns in Europe and their quarter 3 results in the next few weeks I think Amazon has a bit of room to grow, especially with Christmas around the corner. Its sad but I wouldnt enter retail atm and I'm sure I'm in the majority on this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,473 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i am trying to shared in redball listed on the Nasdaq but its not showing on degiro or davy, any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭robman60

irishgeo wrote: »
    i am trying to shared in redball listed on the Nasdaq but its not showing on degiro or davy, any ideas?

I see its available on Trading 212. I have both it and degiro and have always preferred T212, not sure why Degiro is far more popular here other than the availability of Irish shares.

Still, if you ask degiro they are usually good for adding stocks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Anybody looking at TLSA? ( NOT TSLA)

Seems like it could take off in the next few weeks. I know it's another biotech company, but seems promising and undervalued.

Anybody have any insights? Gonna take a reasonable position in the next day or two.

Rothmans wrote: »
    Anybody looking at TLSA? ( NOT TSLA)

Seems like it could take off in the next few weeks. I know it's another biotech company, but seems promising and undervalued.

Anybody have any insights? Gonna take a reasonable position in the next day or two.

What's your thesis on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭virginmediapls

Trying to buy IAG. Getting this :

"This product group is currently disabled (Complex Shares)
    It seems that you did not enable this product group for trading. You can change this under Product Settings.
    Please note that for some product categories you have to pass an appropriateness test before you can trade. If you already have a position in a product of this product group, you can always close this position."

Made me a little worried - should I not be buying these shares?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Trying to buy IAG. Getting this :

"This product group is currently disabled (Complex Shares)
    It seems that you did not enable this product group for trading. You can change this under Product Settings.
    Please note that for some product categories you have to pass an appropriateness test before you can trade. If you already have a position in a product of this product group, you can always close this position."

Made me a little worried - should I not be buying these shares?

Degiro changed the t&c's - need to fill out a questionnaire/do a small test now before trading in some share types. There was a thread/long discussion in this thread about it

barely had time to sip my coffee and NCYT is taking off pre-market .. 10.80 , up from 9.62 on Friday .
    Tell you this stock will hit 15 by end of week.
    Normally I dont pay much attention to PM, but when the order book looks this heavy with a bunch of penny pinching Frenchies buying in I see it as a genuine jump.

Anyone see the EV truck on the White House lawn yesterday.
    Its a LORDSTOWN truck but WKHS own a 10%(?) share of the manufacturing plant.
    LORDSTOWN + DPHC/RIDE + WKHS joint venture on this, repuposing an old GM plant for EV manufacturing.

I think having your truck on the WH lawn is a sure indication your in line for some big business and announcments.

DPHC and WKHS solid gains end of last week and into pre-market.
    theres rumours the $8billlion contract to replace the USPS delivery trucks will be awarded this week and both these companies are in the mix.
    buy the rumour - sell the news ..

Augeo wrote: »
    The results were very good, any phase 2 that indicates progression to phase 3 is decent. No side effects also.

I'm tempted to buy more but I'd be averaging up.

4D ......... bought more this morning. Last tranche was at £0.46 so buying at £1.01 and considering it great value is strange enough I suppose but time will tell :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭littlevillage

barely had time to sip my coffee and NCYT is taking off pre-market .. 10.80 , up from 9.62 on Friday .
    Tell you this stock will hit 15 by end of week.
    Normally I dont pay much attention to PM, but when the order book looks this heavy with a bunch of penny pinching Frenchies buying in I see it as a genuine jump.

Started very strong this morning, but crashing hard now.... Heading towards £8

Advertisement