Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

Started very strong this morning, but crashing hard now.... Heading towards £8

£7 looked likely at one stage. Not in it, but what was the catalyst?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

£7 looked likely at one stage. Not in it, but what was the catalyst?

I think it was RIGOLO's post this morning that put the kibosh on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

I'm going to open up a position in UpWork today. I noted it at 1.9bn market cap, now at 2.4/2.5 and I think it's currently worth twice that.

Good product, good balance sheet, and good market. Not so good is how it will ever make a profit but this is a concern for later on I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Bob Harris wrote: »

Pump and dump lol?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Timmaay wrote: »
    Pump and dump lol?

Big time.

SP has recovered nearly back to £9 now again. Rollercoaster.

AIM stocks are not for the faint hearted.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

Bob Harris wrote: »

stocks go up and down, if you think they never dip then this game is not for you

an insider sold some shares and everyone got spooked , seems alot of people here did also ....
    I went for a 20k cycle in the woods. chillax .. NCYT is gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

RIGOLO wrote: »
    stocks go up and down, if you think they never dip then this game is not for you

an insider sold some shares and everyone got spooked , seems alot of people here did also ....
    I went for a 20k cycle in the woods. chillax .. NCYT is gold.

If you can't take a joke maybe this thread is not for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Ah relax folks, we all here to pick shares not arguements :D

Kilboor wrote: »
    I'm going to open up a position in UpWork today. I noted it at 1.9bn market cap, now at 2.4/2.5 and I think it's currently worth twice that.

Good product, good balance sheet, and good market. Not so good is how it will ever make a profit but this is a concern for later on I believe.

it's inching up nicely everyday, last two weeks it's gone from 16.50 to 20. i'll get some too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Ah relax folks, we all here to pick shares not arguements :D

Exactly, more gains less agro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Don't know if any of ye are in Aminex which was tipped in The Phoenix a while ago - up 175% today after some positive developments in Tanzania.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭p to the e

Don't know if any of ye are in Aminex which was tipped in The Phoenix a while ago - up 175% today after some positive developments in Tanzania.

I'm in both Aminex and Solo Oil since the end of 2015 and have been waiting for some positive news for a long time. It took a strong ultimatum from the Zubairs to get the Tanzanian government to get their finger out. I think there were some shenanigans going on. Aminex is up approx 160% and solo 110% since this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

p to the e wrote: »
    I'm in both Aminex and Solo Oil since the end of 2015 and have been waiting for some positive news for a long time. It took a strong ultimatum from the Zubairs to get the Tanzanian government to get their finger out. I think there were some shenanigans going on. Aminex is up approx 160% and solo 110% since this morning.

Very nice, glad it finally paid off for you. Do you have a target price in mind on your Aminex shares? I'm a little tempted to cut and run with my profits as it was a complete punt based on the article in the Phoneix.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭p to the e

Very nice, glad it finally paid off for you. Do you have a target price in mind on your Aminex shares? I'm a little tempted to cut and run with my profits as it was a complete punt based on the article in the Phoneix.

I was half tempted to just get out as I've been in the red with both Aminex and Solo for some years (my break even point is about 1.5p- 2p) but I think with this new deal in place the outlook is good. Solo only have a 25% stake in this so it's not as important for them but this was big news for Aminex. I'd say no one really knows where this share could go but you saw just how much of a reaction there was with the share price today. I predict this could go on for another few days. I actually picked up some more this morning when it started to take off. Was very close to buying yesterday at 0.4p but what you gonna do? I tend to keep an eye on the chat here to keep me up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭jams100

jams100 wrote: »
    Given the likelihood of more lockdowns in Europe and their quarter 3 results in the next few weeks I think Amazon has a bit of room to grow, especially with Christmas around the corner. Its sad but I wouldnt enter retail atm and I'm sure I'm in the majority on this

Amzn up nearly 5%
    I'm calling for more lockdowns! :D (Joke)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

jams100 wrote: »
    Amzn up nearly 5%
    I'm calling for more lockdowns! :D (Joke)

Put a nice chunk into Amazon right before the big sell-off in September. Didn't think I would break even 3 weeks later. Sign of a company going strong, bizarre that people were selling it.

Ive ridden the NYCT ride for months, and these dips are buying oppurtunitys, (8.97 euro) after the big scare today . IVe seen this patttern repeated 10 times in 5 months but each time we reocver and go onto higher highs.
    MCAP is south of 700M and recent contract with NHS is north of 450M , with profit margins over 60%, cases are growing around the world, this virus is with us , everytime we open up cases explode. Expect an RNS update on sales and contracts this month.
    Im buying up a chunk more , Ive already multi-bagged so Feb 2021 is the time I will reveiw .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Treppen

NCYT dude

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Entered UpWork at 20.10

Happy with that, I think it will grow steadily over the next year or so

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

My Xiaomi Corp is back in the black, thought they were a sure thing back in 2019 but they just kept trickling down. Holding for now.

• Advertisement

JNJ have just announced their vaccine testing has halted for adverse effects.
    Follows on from the AZN halt a few weeks back. This affects us on multiple levels.
    From a perspective of finding a safe , effacious , mass producible, long lasting, easily transported vaccine the number of candidates are dropping rapidly. That kicks the timeline for a return to pre-2020 way down the line.

From an investment perspective, are mothers of the world goign to take a vaccines that have been halted on medical side effects , I think not, the field is narrowing down. My picks still in the game. NVAX is still looking strong. INO still in the running , as its halt was for the device and not the vaccine itself.

Not looking to get into a policital debate here, from an investment perspective
    I expect pressure from the WH on the FDA for some positive news on vaccines before those 2 old fellas get into it Tuesday Nov 3rd. Also the 15/8 from PP for the fella with the lower golf handicap was a gift that had to be taken. Lets see if PP will fund my xmas vacation (whatever form that takes this year) the same way they did in 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Thargor wrote: »
    My Xiaomi Corp is back in the black, thought they were a sure thing back in 2019 but they just kept trickling down. Holding for now.

I remember looking for these ages on Degiro but could only seem them listed in HK with no data. I see they are now listed in Frankfurt, is this where you bought?

NCYT taking a battering this morning, dont panic Mr Mainwaring (that comment will date me)

Still holding and bought another tranche this morning. I didnt think we would get this gift.
    NCYT appointed a joint broker 2 weeks ago, NUMIS Securities, I dont see them doing that unless they are after the II's where the big money is. The current dip is the MMs taking out stop losses so they can get the shares. Rememebr the float is very small , circa 70million. NUMIS have yet to issue a price target and we are due another RNS , NCYT tend to be regular on them , ohh and last I checked Covid cases are still rising and theres talk of re-infections.

Dont panic.. Dont Panic ... .. permission to Panic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Cpfm

Hi, I,m a newbie to this. Following your thread on NCYT, I see it listed at 750.10 on LSE.
    Is this the stock you are referring to? Thanks

Cpfm wrote: »
    Hi, I,m a newbie to this. Following your thread on NCYT, I see it listed at 750.10 on LSE.

Yes, its a joint UK-French company , 30% of its float is listed on the LSE, and 70% is listed in PAris-Euronext, you can buy in either, but Paris is easier to trade for many.

Welcome newbie, glad to see someone stepping outside their door and trying something new. Nothing in life is certain. You either have the character to take risks or you dont. Fear God Dread Naught.
    Good luck on your trading, theres good advice here, but beware the wolves they will eat you and not give it a second thought.

Rigolo - hiring of security company, could they be looking to issue more shares trying to take advantage of the increase in share price...as so many small cap Pharma's do?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Cpfm wrote: »
    And seeing as you're new, LSE lists it's stocks in pence, so that's £7.50 per share

Rigolo - hiring of security company, could they be looking to issue more shares trying to take advantage of the increase in share price...as so many small cap Pharma's do?

Normally you would think so, but given they have no debt, they dont have as much need to issue securities, and they could have done that without appointing new JOINT broker.
    They had a credit line but closed it, if they need to expand production or increase supplies why not just go back to it rather than dilute their SP.
    The CEO is realtively new, seems dynamic, and afaik October is bonus month for him, his bonus is tied to the Oct SP.
    Having said that the float is tiny, and yes new offerings might entice more IIs in, but I think the companys financial loose ends are being tied up to facilitate a takeover, and they wont issue securites in the run up to that. Its my speculation .

But look at this , back to 8,81, having dropped to 8.00 in Paris , 10% on the swing.. thanks for the gift MMs nicely topped up.

full disclosure folks ... I dont need this money, if you are exposing yourself with potential to lose money that you and your family need because of a tip on here then you own that its your call. Its a game to me , I still want to win and beat the system so I only invest in what my research tells me to invest in but if I lose it wont affect my lifestyle. Do your own DD . GLTA ..but what a time to be in the market

Thanks Man, yeah so much swing it's now up 2%...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

I'm trying to buy shares in a small cap stock on the LSE however they have stopped buys due to their extended risk (DeGiro) next best place to trade LSE? I've heard of 212 any others I should look at?

Thanks

Advertisement