Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

DutchYurt wrote: »
    I'm trying to buy shares in a small cap stock on the LSE however they have stopped buys due to their extended risk (DeGiro) next best place to trade LSE? I've heard of 212 any others I should look at?

Thanks

You've got to take some stupid test on Degiro to prove you're not an idiot. Once you've taken the test you can trade away. Of course, finding the test is the hardest part of the test ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

As some of my RR shares (1100) are in a VSA I've been told the default option is a cashless take-up.
    There are little details coming in the communication as to how this will be applied.

If I want to take up another option, I need to tx out of the VSA.

I've 81 shares sitting in a Hargreaves Lansdown account. I was thinking of taking up the full amount, but maybe this would be the better option?

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

retalivity wrote: »
    I remember looking for these ages on Degiro but could only seem them listed in HK with no data. I see they are now listed in Frankfurt, is this where you bought?
    No I bought them in HK though Degiro, the trade will go through you just need to get your prices at the time from somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

You've got to take some stupid test on Degiro to prove you're not an idiot. Once you've taken the test you can trade away. Of course, finding the test is the hardest part of the test ;)

Oh don't worry I took the stupid test, they've just stopped trading. I can trade other small cap stocks just not this one.

"Unfortunately this product is not available for trading. This could be due to regulatory reasons, your current profile or an internal decision."

That's what I get when I try!

Oh don't worry I took the stupid test, they've just stopped trading. I can trade other small cap stocks just not this one.

"Unfortunately this product is not available for trading. This could be due to regulatory reasons, your current profile or an internal decision."

That's what I get when I try!

What's the name of the stock and I'll check if you like. The above is the error mesage I got when I tried to trade 'complex' shares like IAG :pac:

• Advertisement

What's the name of the stock and I'll check if you like. The above is the error mesage I got when I tried to trade 'complex' shares like IAG :pac:

Appreciate that! ticker is FDBK

Appreciate that! ticker is FDBK

I can't see it either. Maybe ask them to list?

Apparently it's their risk "I have been informed by our risk department that it will not be possible to insert this product in the trader".

I can't seem to find it on 212 either, suspicious.. maybe I should sell!

Doubled down into 4D Pharma today too! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

Doubled down into 4D Pharma today too! :cool:

I doubled down after the drop late last week, if it drops to the 80's may get more

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Bought some DQ - DAQO New Energy Corp and SWTX - SpringWorks Therapeutics yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Not on Interactive Brokers either - which usually has everything, even the pink sheets

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Not on Interactive Brokers either - which usually has everything, even the pink sheets

Hmm does that mean it's a golden egg or a rotten one for Halloween. Time will tell!

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭heffo500

heffo500 wrote: »
    Next investment for me is Pensana Rare Earths plc LSE: PRE.L

Lost out on a 25% gain waiting on Degiro to add it to the platform

Up 48% since I posted it here

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Cpfm

RIGOLO wrote: »
    Yes, its a joint UK-French company , 30% of its float is listed on the LSE, and 70% is listed in PAris-Euronext, you can buy in either, but Paris is easier to trade for many.

Welcome newbie, glad to see someone stepping outside their door and trying something new. Nothing in life is certain. You either have the character to take risks or you dont. Fear God Dread Naught.
    Good luck on your trading, theres good advice here, but beware the wolves they will eat you and not give it a second thought.

Thanks Rigolo... yeah I’ll let u know how I feel about risks in 12 months :)
    Thanks for the info...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

People think 4Dpharma is likely to rise again? Was thinking of going in on it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Sold all my APPS (digital Turbine) shares today for 40$,picked them up for 25$ a month ago and they have rocketed since. My only regrets, I had some of them back earlier in the year which I sold for 5$ when I bottled it and liquidised my portfolio in March lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Liamo_mu wrote: »
    People think 4Dpharma is likely to rise again? Was thinking of going in on it soon.

I could not tell you. I was surprised there was even a dip. I'm holding for the time being, but I'd like to hear what those in the know think.

weemcd wrote: »
    I could not tell you. I was surprised there was even a dip. I'm holding for the time being, but I'd like to hear what those in the know think.

Not in too much of the know myself but they have seem serious pipeline poised to pop!

What are peoples thoughts on Slack - $WORK? I've just about recovered since their earnings nose dive. Anyone else holding? I don't see them competing with Teams, ideally if the likes of google were to acquire them that would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

anyone any thoughts on providence resources?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭daheff

unplayable wrote: »

Pure speculative company. I wouldn't put any money into them that you aren't prepared to lose 100%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

unplayable wrote: »

I seem to be the only one super bullish on Providence, this is in thanks to my entry only earlier this year for the first time.

I'm open in saying it is my largest holding by a long shot and I'm currently up 55% overall.

The new management, partnership and consortium is excellent. When Barryroe hits production they will be eligible to tax credits for the 900 million they've spent so far in offshore in exploration and development.

Davy's today valued the company at 19p with 80 million barrels of oil reserve at $40(not taking into account gas reserves or carbon capture)They have a lot more oil, up to 350 million confirmed recoverable and that's not counting gas which is substantial too.

Looking further at financials the consortium is set to benefit from Norwegian tax credits too being made up of 33% Norwegian companies.

Alan Linn has already pretty much stated that this consortium is going to go ahead with the farm out of Barryroe and the only hurdle left is the Green Party/Government. Here's where Alan Linn's leadership and experience come into play, he has mentioned not only the gas supply in Barryroe but also the idea of using the nearby depleted kinsale gas fields for carbon capture to lower the carbon footprint of the operation.

He's also presenting on Thursday at proactive investors which I believe is the first time the company has ever participated. Watch this space, we will have news soon.

As a sidenote, check out LOGP too who own 20% of Barryroe and are more undervalued given a farm out announcement and favourable holdings

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

Days like yesterday are days why I play this game .
    NCYT hit hard, drops , recovers and drops again, the MMs playing their game to shake out 'scared money'. I picked up another tranche on the dip .
    Time will tell who ultimately wins.
    Headlines this morning tell me Covid numbers are on the way up. I believe in the need for quality testing.

WKHS is being manipulated, ROTH Capital released a note 4 days ago that the USPS contract is coming out, stock pops then yesterday the release a note saying the contract is delayed. A classic pump and dump, and they didnt have the decency to have 2 seperate firms post the note. But my entry point is still well covered, lets wait and see , that USPS has to be announced before eoy.

But when some stocks in your portfolio is going through a bear attack you look to another one in a diversified portfolio to prop you up.
    And COVID stocks delivered, NVAX had a healthy pop and INO has recoverd some of its drop . NVAX had a major announcement ' Novavax Appoints Leadership Team to Advance NanoFlu through Regulatory Licensure ' . This relates to their FLU vaccine, might be 2 months might be 12 months but I can wait. Potential for a combined Covid+Influenza vaccine here.
    And factor in that JnJ and now EliLily have announced a halt to their vaccine trials.
    Covid is back big time and I think Wall St is positioning to the stay at home stocks and shaking the retail investor tree even though most of these stocks have their gains factored in from Covid wave one .

INTC leaking news on their GPUs, the XE. SLow and steady gains for INTC with earnings coming up and an official launch. This reminds me I was looking for a winter project think I will build my next PC with one of these babies and see how it performs.

Earnings season underway check the dates on your stocks people, just so you know when news may be dropping.
    GLTA have a great day.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,276 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

RIGOLO wrote: »
    WKHS is being manipulated, ROTH Capital released a note 4 days ago that the USPS contract is coming out, stock pops then yesterday the release a note saying the contract is delayed. A classic pump and dump, and they didnt have the decency to have 2 seperate firms post the note.

That would be compliance, have a read of the SEC disclosure rules! In the land of litigation they would be hammered if they openly engaged in what you are suggesting.
    But when some stocks in your portfolio is going through a bear attack you look to another one in a diversified portfolio to prop you up.

No you don’t! If you have done your homework, you should be in a position to load up.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭bob mcbob

Does anyone have a view on ITM.

I think making hydrogen is the most effective way of using renewable energy at night. Also there is a start being made on using hydrogen to power vehicles.

However it is up 350% this year so may have missed an entry.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

Jim2007 wrote: »
    That would be compliance, have a read of the SEC disclosure rules! In the land of litigation they would be hammered if they openly engaged in what you are suggesting.

No you don’t! If you have done your homework, you should be in a position to load up.

thats okay.. we disagree.
    If one sector in my portfolio is under going a bear attack I take comfort in having a diversified portfolio and another sector is making gains, and I finish the day in the green . Everyone can decide for themselves if a diversified portfolio works.

As for loading up, only a fool would load up on every dip every stock in their portfolio makes. Wall St can remain illogical longer than you can stay solvent.

Jim2007 wrote: »

Agreed. If you've done your DD and you value a stock at x and it drops that's when you make your gains. Don't think it was Warren, but one of the big boys said, 'If it's the right price before the dip it's even better value after the dip.' Or words to that effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

bob mcbob wrote: »
    Does anyone have a view on ITM.

I think making hydrogen is the most effective way of using renewable energy at night. Also there is a start being made on using hydrogen to power vehicles.

However it is up 350% this year so may have missed an entry.

(Know nothing of the stock) however I've always felt hydrogen power was the way to go for cars but the industry keeps focusing on Electric. For whatever reason I don't think it'll happen at this point, too much investment has gone into Electric. BMW produced a hydrogen 7 series 15 years ago, I thought that was the dawn of a new age but alas, no.

If you don't need money, I would say hold. Another option is you can sell half of it and with the proceeds subscribe to RI's.

The VSA has this as the default option, so I'm going to leave that account as is and let it play out.

PHG wrote: »
    What's that all about or just a ramble?

https://www.shiftingshares.com/what-is-a-rights-issue/

TERP discussed at bottom. They have a simpler calc which produces a lower TERP, but there you go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭bob mcbob

(Know nothing of the stock) however I've always felt hydrogen power was the way to go for cars but the industry keeps focusing on Electric. For whatever reason I don't think it'll happen at this point, too much investment has gone into Electric. BMW produced a hydrogen 7 series 15 years ago, I thought that was the dawn of a new age but alas, no.

I was not thinking of cars - for transport larger vehicles (buses, trains, lorries)

https://www.theengineer.co.uk/hydrogen-double-deckers-aberdeen-wrightbus/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/business-54350046

https://www.environmentalengineering.org.uk/news/fully-hydrogen-powered-truck-in-development-9827/

Also a carbon free replacement for natural gas

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2020/mar/21/is-hydrogen-the-solution-to-net-zero-home-heating

Advertisement