Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

RIGOLO wrote: »
    that was some tree shake that kicked in when we opened .. dropped to 9.73 and now back 11.76, up 15% from open and 3% from yesterdays close and green in Paris ... I hope no one needs a change of underwear ..

I missed it when you recommended and didn't have courage to chase it...and have been waiting to see a decent entry point around €7-8 level :D

Did anyone get Corsair gaming? it's on decent run, regretting not getting more :(

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

What are peoples thoughts on the packaging sector as we ramp up for christmas soon, with so many people having to stay put I see alot of online purchases and alot of oversea sending of packages boxes. Tied that in with shelf ready packaging etc in supermarkets flying through I think it could be a good shout.

Smurfit Kappa and International Paper have been steadily increasing since the start of the year
    DS Smith less so it's been downward trend but I do think there is some opportunity there.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

I missed it when you recommended and didn't have courage to chase it...and have been waiting to see a decent entry point around €7-8 level :D

Did anyone get Corsair gaming? it's on decent run, regretting not getting more :(

We should have listened to each other :) I didnt pull the trigger on your CORSAIR call... my kids are upstairs knocking the crap out of their keyboards, headsets and mice as we speak. So I think gaming products are a safe enough bet for now. Lockdown will bring some more uptick and fwiw Corsair make good product and get alot of coverage in CUSTOMPC mag which I subscribe too.

Guns are making a mini run today, RGR and SWBI healthy green gains .. must be election time , cast my vote , sight my rifle, go play some Fortnite.. the american dreamn.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭butrasgali

Is glanbia worth a punt at?

Any brave soul willing to take a punt in AAL :)

it's in the buy range and Robinhood investors favourite.

• Advertisement

would say good results are already priced in my opinion check the increase in SP since mid-sep, if anything if earnings are not as expected you can see a sell-off... Probably we'll see a weakness today in IT stocks due to SAP earnings.

I owe you a pint. 9% drop even with good news. Thank you!

Any brave soul willing to take a punt in AAL :)

it's in the buy range and Robinhood investors favourite.

first oil and now airlines.. what sort of sick sado-masochist are you ... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Down from 15 dollars in GME start of Monday to 12.50 today.

Not been great for my us stocks !

first oil and now airlines.. what sort of sick sado-masochist are you ... :D

Ha ha...One need a diversified portfolio you know ;)
    https://images.app.goo.gl/sPepy1aoG6vXVnQv7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

MSFT Q1 earnings out Today .... will be watching carefully on how "cloud" momentum is going :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,274 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Ha ha...One need a diversified portfolio you know ;)
    https://images.app.goo.gl/sPepy1aoG6vXVnQv7

If you knew about build a diversified portfolio, you would not be putting junk into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

butrasgali wrote: »
    Is glanbia worth a punt at?

As a Glanbia milk suppler (aka dairy farmer), no they aren't. They might be the biggest milk processor in Ireland but they aren't a patch on Kerry in terms of matketing or share price growth over the years. At the minute they are a one trick pony and export most milk as dried powder milk, aka the lowest commidity value, and its the likes of nestle etc who have massive added value with baby infant formula etc. Glanbias last big venture was milk protein drinks aimed at the fitness industry, fairly big flop, too expensive.

Jim2007 wrote: »
    If you knew about build a diversified portfolio, you would not be putting junk into it.

Seriously

Seriously

I think he is.. Im sure one of these days he will actually make a post with a stock tip .

Folks watch-out for Ciena Corp - CIEN networking giant. After last Quarter results in Sep which beat the estimates, their guidance did them and they dropped 30%, IMO they have formed a base around 38-39 and ripe to grow from there. have picked some at 39.60..
    Will hold with a SL of 5-7%

Folks watch-out for Ciena Corp - CIEN networking giant. After last Quarter results in Sep which beat the estimates, their guidance did them and they dropped 30%, IMO they have formed a base around 38-39 and ripe to grow from there. have picked some at 39.60..
    Will hold with a SL of 5-7%

Thanks for info. Id not monitored them for awhile.
    GLW Corning (stock I do own) earnings took CIEN down a bit today as GLW reported lower demand for their optical fibre. I was playing GLW for their high quality glass displays and their medical glass used to hold vaccines.
    As we move to 5G some drop in opitical fibre demand is to be expected but 5G will still have need for the physical layer for now at the intersection of 5G and 4G networks.
    Cienna are very aggressive at buying up other companies, and have a good record of leading the field.
    Im holding some dry powder until this election is over and Covid becomes clearer , might come back to them.

EDIT fwiw GLW Corning beat estimates handily but its not a 'cloud' stock so of course it goes red, its the new rules on Wall St

• Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

RR down 61% this morning.
    Will be interesting to watch this one play out.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭peterofthebr

I made a chunk on oil (on paper) when we exited the first wave , but held too long. Ive exited oil and will use it to offset CGT.

I think your right to consider oil, I am of the same mind, but its all about the timing.
    Theres no sign we are coming out of this second wave.
    Libya is going to restart full production. Refinerys are overflowing. Biden will be bad for oil , so election comes into play. And if anything winters are getting milder, alot of energy companies reported low profits this year due to a realtively mild winter . I know gas is a huge part of domestic heating but so is oil.

Anyways its a sector to keep an eye on for sure. Question is when to catch the falling knife .

i dont own them but 'rio tinto share price ftse' is a good stock, look at the graphs you might be able to buy/sell these over and over -

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭peterofthebr

CRG.IR - is one worth keeping an eye on,

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭dontparkhere

RR down 61% this morning.
    Will be interesting to watch this one play out.

Is this due to the right issue that was approved or is it an actual fall in price?
    I was planning on buying some before it doubled in price.

• Advertisement

Is this due to the right issue that was approved or is it an actual fall in price?...........

It's the dilution.

Tempted to go back into 4D Pharma after my profit taking last week

Keeping a close eye to activision, its been very steady since its last earnings report, take into the lockdown with everyone playing warzone, the release of zombiies and the the new call of duty coming up to xmas I think it might rise further. And thats just one franchise game in their portfolio

My bases for videogames is ask my american cousins (10/12) what they and all their friends are playing. Everyone was red dead this, call of duty that and it was gold old fortnite that won it out two years ago!

DutchYurt wrote: »
    Tempted to go back into 4D Pharma after my profit taking last week.............

If you are willing to wait until Christmas I couldn't imagine you regretting doing that. Lots of news due and funding issue is now resolved well into 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

Augeo wrote: »
    If you are willing to wait until Christmas I couldn't imagine you regretting doing that. Lots of news due and funding issue is now resolved well into 2021.

Yeah I think it is definitely a good buy at the moment.
    May drop to high 90's before climbing, but not worth the risk of missing the run-up imo.

Fastly hasnt seen a green day since the 14th of October, I won't make it to christmas at this rate watching it everyday

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭jams100

Microsoft post great earnings and drop 4%! :confused:

Oil has just killed me down 25%, thought I was getting in at a decent entry point, considering just cutting my losses, but I guess I have to look forward 6 months, hopefully get those losses back then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

jams100 wrote: »
    Microsoft post great earnings and drop 4%! :confused:

Everything dropped today. Red day:(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Not as bad as spring but we have had a heck of a run since then, awful afraid if Biden wins we might see that again or worse. Anyone else feeling nervous? MSFT and BA had pretty good numbers and still dropping, alarm bells ringing all over for me.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

So MSFT beat earnings and drop. 10 or more companies I held this year did the same whilst companies who lost money gained on their SP.
    Its a rigged game . Dont ever forget it.

The market is effectively a board game now . A combination of snakes and ladders, Monopoly, Cluedo , Chess and draughts all played on the same board with all their pieces in place at the same time. But only Wall St and market makers tell you what game is being played at any one time.

So Wall St and market makers say its chess time , and rules of chess apply, they move the market, put your Queen under attack. Its then your move, the private investor and you go to move your Queen out of danger but they say no now its snakes and ladders time you need to throw a 6 , you dont throw a 6, back to the market maker he says its back to chess time again and takes your queen. Good analogy even if I do say so myself.

Epic red day, election and Covid all coming together nicely. I was hoping an oppurtunity like this would come along again. First time round was a chance in a lifetime, a second oppurtunity in less than 12 months is just unreal.

If you made money out of the crash in March and the recovery since then this is your chance to compound those gains, a mini double dip is on the cards. Planning and patience will get you thru as it did in Q1-Q2 2020.
    If you didnt make money out of the crash in March and the recovery then you should take care. Change your strategy and figure out what worked back then and repeat.
    Granted alot of value is already backed in , so lets get back to portfolio growths of 10-15% per annum being healthy, no shame in that, the 10% jumps in a day were an anomaly. Remember its investing, a bit like growing a few plants or trees, starting small before you know it the years have passed and your picking pears off the trees in your garden .

Red across the board, more Covid lockdowns coming across Europe, election, a second blow to many businesses that just cant take a second blow, mortgage andrent breaks coming to an end, no workers goign back to the office, winter on its way and a Christmas unlike any before .. there is blood on the floor with more to come just make sure its not yours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Very volatile SP. Got out myself at a decent 25% profit. Basically a free weeks wages. Thank you RIGOLO.

Might jump back in again during one of those extreme early morning shake-downs.

Soo my timing was pretty good (for a change). The arse is falling out of Nyct. What price to jump back in at though is the question..now ???

I am going to stick with the Paris exchange soo looking for an entry in the €8's

Advertisement