Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Timmaay wrote:
    I don't mean to get policial here, but poor Trump, only by afew days did he miss being in the limelight for the great covid solution, and also missed out on the Dow finally hitting all time highs and over 30k post the Corona crash lol.

Oh would have loved to have seen his orange face turn red

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Anyone watching £ABF (Associated British foods). If/when the virus is sorted. Primark will clean up

SP is hobbled now obviously... but could be nice chance to jump in ?

£ABF up 19% today

• Registered Users Posts: 8,135 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Covid-19 vaccine candidate is 90% effective, says manufacturer

Pfizer pre market price about $41.99, currently $36.40. Value in buying them when the market opens?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Timing belt

Liamo_mu wrote: »
    I have a decent bit in cruise lines. The question is do I sell today expecting a dip and then buy it back. Or do o just hang on for even longer.

I would crystallise it and buy back you will loose out a bit on tax but it’s money in the bag especially with the second strain of covid from mink farms on the horizon which the vaccine will probably not work on.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭peterofthebr

I would crystallise it and buy back you will loose out a bit on tax but it’s money in the bag especially with the second strain of covid from mink farms on the horizon which the vaccine will probably not work on.

agree, covid from mink farms ..their still finding how far this has spread. Now that Trumps gone i didn't think we would be hearing much about covid anymore ;)
    ..DOW futures surge by 1300 points!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

dinneenp wrote: »
    Covid-19 vaccine candidate is 90% effective, says manufacturer

Pfizer pre market price about $41.99, currently $36.40. Value in buying them when the market opens?

They're going to open at more or less wherever the pre-market price is at the bell. You wont getting them at 36.40$ anyway.

My rule is never buy at the bell, let the dust settle a bit, seen too many spikes on opening only to watch them drop like stones when the initial euphoria dies down.
    You'll probably find that stocks who benefit from the vaccine will do a lot better than the company making it. The like of cruises, hotels, airlines.
    The vaccine is part of Pfizers business but being able to fly or not is everything to an airline.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭codrulz

Augeo wrote: »
    The obvious ones have all gone up ........... RR up 45% by 1pm.
    The market has reacted.

and still down ~60% YTD...

codrulz wrote: »
    and still down ~60% YTD...

Your point?
    There's still value there as it's 60% off previous highs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

It's hard to know how to read this. Any swift moves are more likely to get punished now than rewarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Timmaay wrote: »
    I don't mean to get policial here, but poor Trump, only by afew days did he miss being in the limelight for the great covid solution, and also missed out on the Dow finally hitting all time highs and over 30k post the Corona crash lol.

Trump, Covid and Kerry defeated in a week - 2020 is looking up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

DEGIRO Down due to tec difficulties

Bob Harris wrote: »
    My rule is never buy at the bell, let the dust settle a bit, seen too many spikes on opening only to watch them drop like stones when the initial euphoria dies down.

Have the same rule. Buying in the first hour has never worked out well for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭riddles

not good

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

riddles wrote: »
    not good

drive wealth was having issues well but is back up now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Anyone planning on buying don't jump in yet, let these euphoric reaction settle down...

I'm up nearly 40% on RR, thinking of selling them....my other travel/Oil names have a bit to go...will hold them.

Bit of perspective on some of the huge gains.
    American Airlines - was $30 in Feb, rallied 15% from $11 to $13 today.
    Carnival Cruises - was $50 in Feb, rallied 30% from $13 to $18 today
    Hyatt Hotels - was $88 in Feb, rallied 20% from $56 to $67 today.

No need to rush into these, they'll be growing back to their market cap as the vaccine gets rolled out and we get back to life

Shedite27 wrote: »

No need to rush into these, they'll be growing back to their market cap as the vaccine gets rolled out and we get back to life

Indeed, some of them might well never recover fully also.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Hey Folks, I'm back took a much needed break to celebrate a few things in life and today was my first day checking my degiro.

What a day!

Been holding Norwegian Cruise since March an IAG since the the rights issue so it's great to see, made a dent in my fastly mess.

Thinking of nipping more into 4D as its trailing around the 1.08 spot
    Edesa seems to be in a holding pattern but I checked there was huge insider trades last week surely a sign of good things to come!
    DS Smith seems to have made a nice recovery in the last two weeks also.

Best of luck to all this week, hope you're staying positive and testing negative ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

Fortunately for me it was still working while I sold all 9000 shares in BIRG,having bought them on fridays fall.
    2 k euro profit, doubt I will ever do as well again
    Whew

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

A bit of a stupid question, but if you don’t subscribe to a rights issue, and your rights get sold, do you get the money?

For instance I was entitled to RR rights, but I didn’t opt for it. It had allowed me to buy 130 stocks for a total of 47€. Do I get the 47€ if I reject it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

What a day, I've never seen such euphoria in 10 years

Ryanair up sharply as is visa
    Draftkings not up as much as I hoped it would pop

And then the boring index funds killing it

I'm still worried about this mink farm strain, be cautious everyone. Let the dust settle today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

What a day, I've never seen such euphoria in 10 years

Ryanair up sharply as is visa
    Draftkings not up as much as I hoped it would pop

And then the boring index funds killing it

I'm still worried about this mink farm strain, be cautious everyone. Let the dust settle today

Yea I agree with this, I don't think we're out of it yet.

Also, Ryanair seems hugely overvalued. How is it only c10% off it's pre-covid SP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

Another stock I'm thinking of is Moderna, I now it's priced high @ $77 since it started work on the Covid vaccine, however it's using mRNA technology, Pfizer seems to have proven it's efficacy using their own mRNA vaccine. I know there's a lot more to vaccines than using the right technology but Pfizer seems to at least be proving the concept. They use this technology in most if not all their pipeline so for me this improves the outlook but the price hasn't moved much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭p to the e

Cineworld up 38% and counting. I think this all very knee jerk reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

UMC hitting the 6$ also, nice 60% gain for me thanks to whatever randomer here who tipped it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭p to the e

I see 4D Pharma dropped significantly on word of the Covid vaccine

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭jams100

Uber at an all time high despite a raging pandemic :confused:
    Something I didn't see coming when I sold at 36 a month ago :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,605 ✭✭✭Treppen

Novacyt for the long haul it is then!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Treppen wrote: »
    Novacyt for the long haul it is then!

Got hammered today I saw but the 'we nearly have a vaccine you won't need testing/diagnosis' is typical market overreaction. We are still months away from a vaccine being available and it's effectiveness in the wider public at protecting people from infection are unproven.

4D which I do hold are down a good bit too but I think their efforts for vaccine development are minimal and looks like a case of guilty by association.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Went for a bit of FTI. Hoping to check out around $10-
    CEO also. Hoping to get to $140-

Advertisement