Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

So I woke up this morning a bit excited, Id been researching late last night, as the wife was lining up fruit symbols on her tablet Im scouring the net for some multi-bagger (not that kind of multi-bagger, you know what I mean) .

Anyways I was excited as I felt Id come across an new exciting Israeli startup, a potential disruptor in its field. High risk but high reward and anyone who wanted to play the venture capitalist by taking a small stake and spinning the wheel could jump on board. Its not a bad bet, Israeli startups probably have the highest success rates of all by nation.

And then Im greeted with these 2 posts , so I reassesed things as I walked the youngest to school (Im a few hours ahed of you guys different time zone both literally and metaphysically)
    Thargor wrote: »
    Would love to see some screenshots of all these amazing 100%+ trades a certain poster is making on a daily basis, surprised they're not working for Goldman Sachs or something, unless its all bullsh1t hindsight that is...
    cronos wrote: »
    Would be great to get some structure in this thread. Not sure exactly how the structure would work. But specifically for recommended trades and reasons for those recommendations along with prices etc....

Im going to spend the next 4-6 hours with TV on in the background, Europe Squawk Box running into US Squawk Box, Squawk Alley flipping occasionaly to Bloomberg news and also scouring multiple forums I am on and other sites.
    My kids will come home and ask what did Joe, Becky and Andrew have to say today (they are on first name terms with the presenters, if you dont know who they are then that says alot) . Anybody else have an 8 year old who knows who Andrew Ross-Sorkin is and who is not only scared of the wolves in the forest but also the Wolfs of Wall St... I thought not.

I mentioned CBAT last Friday and on Sunday, they jumped 80% on Monday its not my fault you guys (thargor,Bob Harris, cronos, crushproof, One More Toy, Slanty, Stark, Take Your Pants Off) didnt bite.
    And some people want a poster to format the information so they can digest it better.. f'ing entitlement generation strikes again.

Ive been very honest in my posts, Ive laid out for all to see bad calls as well as good calls.
    I will not be posting any screenshots. Im the kind of guy who when I put an app on my phone, I say no fk off you cant access all my files. So in this day and age the less that may reveal identity in social media is a good creedo to live by.

Ive tried to help newbies , but going forward Im going to leave it to (thargor,Bob Harris, cronos, crushproof, One More Toy, Slanty, Stark, Take Your Pants Off)to do all that.
    You guys and the likes of Jim who doesnt pick any stock but aftertimes everything can now lead the thread.

Id watched this board for awhile, it was embarrassing, the greatest most volatile mkt in a century and the place was dead. I generalise but it was full of what do poeple think of BOI. I know I brought some life to it , stirred things up and got a good conversation going and increased the traffic. WE were all benefiting
    But going forward Im going to leave it to the likes of Jim, thargor,Bob Harris, cronos, crushproof, One More Toy, Slanty, Stark, Take Your Pants Off to get the conversation going.

Im going to let it to (Jim, thargor,Bob Harris, cronos, crushproof, One More Toy, Slanty, Stark, Take Your Pants Off) to spend the morning digesting the buisness news and tell you all what the markets are saying .

thargor,Bob Harris, cronos, crushproof, One More Toy, Slanty, Stark, Take Your Pants Off, you guys win, I will leave ye to your world of give me a guaranteed winner and if I miss it and dont jump on your tip then prove to me you jumped on it.

You seem to have no idea how much time goes into finding the nuggett of information that holds the key, how many pages and pages have to be gone thru, a single post might be the result of 2 hours work, my Sunday mornings 2-3 hours sitting in the kitchen trawling the last weeks news and next weeks potential .
    And Im volunterring this info to you from my time and you guys insult me with this. thargor,Bob Harris, cronos, crushproof, One More Toy, Slanty, Stark, Take Your Pants Off its all yours .

I will miss the thread, some genuine top blokes on here, but Im on a number of other stock forums where no one has the gall to insult a genuine poster and if they do they are soon shot down. They will do me for awhile

Too much positivity out there to take on the negativity of thargor,Bob Harris, cronos, crushproof, One More Toy, Slanty, Stark, Take Your Pants Off... life thought me its just not worth it.

And as to that Israeli startup I came across in a late night stupour.. Im going to see how that runs in the coming years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

Rigolo,
    There are always 'Hurlers on the ditch',
    Regards,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

You're a sensitive chap Rigolo, that's all I'll say. This is the second time you've left the thread in a huff. I'm sure we'll see you back again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

To be fair to Rigolo, they always point out their trades in advance and are fairly open about how they performed, pretty sure someone called Rigolo out on it before and they were able to show their posts backing a stock before it popped, so not sure why we are going through this again, whether you believe they backed it or not is up to you

I for one think the thread is a better place with Rigolo in it, while they're delivery isn't for everyone, the more discussion the better in my opinion. If you don't like someone just add them to your ignore list and move on

As for a structure, someone created a spreadsheet a few years ago I think with everyone's tips on it and how they performed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,605 ✭✭✭Treppen

Ya I've enjoyed reading your posts Rigolo, and have profited off them so there's nothing slight of hand going on (and my hobby is figuring out how magicians do tricks). You call em before it happens and admit when things don't go as planned and give a reflection.
    Take it or leave it folks.
    Just stick em on ignore, others have the option to put you on ignore but the question is why don't they?

Keep em comin.

So anyway.... speaking of fortnite etc... (You get 2 free months of Disney+ for buying vbucks btw Rigolo !). I've also seen Microsoft have given 1 month Disney+ free with gamepass. I'm still thinking Microsoft will be a safe bet, there's still growth to be had with Gamepass subscriptions (especially since they've thrown in EA games for free also). They'll beat Google Stadia hands down with online stream-gaming (PlayStation are way behind on this), plus I see many schools leaving the Google platform for Office (the name makes me shudder). Also a few multinational businesses I know are switching to Teams/OneNote (bye bye Zoom).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,605 ✭✭✭Treppen

RedRochey wrote: »
    To be fair to Rigolo, they always point out their trades in advance and are fairly open about how they performed, pretty sure someone called Rigolo out on it before and they were able to show their posts backing a stock before it popped, so not sure why we are going through this again, whether you believe they backed it or not is up to you

I for one think the thread is a better place with Rigolo in it, while they're delivery isn't for everyone, the more discussion the better in my opinion. If you don't like someone just add them to your ignore list and move on

As for a structure, someone created a spreadsheet a few years ago I think with everyone's tips on it and how they performed

Ahhh I remember that spread sheet, the good old days when I held my cannastocks thinking I made a million % profit, but didn't dump em at the height : (

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

It would be a shame for Rigolo to leave, pay no mind to the naysayers and keep doing what you're doing, a lot of us really appreciate it. Few suggestions below

ITM Power (UK) and NEL (Norwegian), the only two games in town for Hydrogen electrolysers, the EU has committed to huge amounts of hydrogen electrolysis by 2030 (40GW) and these guys are miles ahead in terms of patent tech, I expect a merger down the line. Might be able to pick them up at a better price if you follow for a while.

KOS - Kosmos Energy, oil deepwater exploration company, have been taking very prudent measures over the past six months to weather the storm and fair value is about $3.50-4. Currently trading at ~$1.40, you'll be able to get it cheaper as oil dips and bounces in the next few months but the long term trend is only going one way.

WBA - Walgreens/Boots alliance, someone mentioned this a few pages ago, IMO slightly riskier play but in the event of Brexit and a US/UK trade deal they will be poised to capitalise due to having operations in both regions, for both vaccines and US drugs being sold in the UK.

RIGOLO wrote: »
    So I woke up this morning a bit excited........

You're based (allegedly) in Boston iirc? By this morning you mean 3am ish?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

I always thought RIGOLO was just Jim2007's alter ego. Jim being on the level then "RIGOLO" swoops in when no one is looking with huge speculative tip offs. I've never seen the two of them in the one room at the same time...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Sea Ltd just announced their Q3 results. They're one of the stocks that has run up 400% this year so was worried they may not live up to it. Looks good so far. Huge growth, hopefully the stock continues to grow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Hmmmmmm. In general I like to listen to all sides, 2020 has been a fantastic year, quite possibly a once in a lifetime opportunity but you absolutely still need caution, don't let euphoria get to you and always remember time in the market and compound gains across decades will always beat one single year. So from that regard I value the quite diverse posters opinion's here, despite me certainly being in the camp of seize this opportunity right now. But when it comes to what's been going on the last few weeks, consistent snipping and aggressive it's poor form. I would hope that by its nature this investments and markets form would attract a mostly mature and emotionally stable base of posters and almost all individuals would be above getting into pointless arguments and know that it's in their interests to refrain themselves and instead keep this sub forum a positive innovation place where everyone can take something from it.

And that Israeli company, I've afew thousand shares in the bag the last month or so, loads of upside, aim is to do similar to NIO and buy the dips as it legs up moving forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭littlevillage

I'm in WKHS too, hoping for that big order from USPS soon.

Got into NYCT finally at 8.30 :) Even though Vaccine makers are making a beeline. Testing will still need to be done, albight may be not for long...

With every Vaccine update, Cyclicals gaining momentum. IMO its time to start accumulating them in evey dip.

Someone spoke about Alteryx, I reckon it could go down to 90's.

Nyct announced yesterday the they have a test for the new Mink variant of Covid (Y453F)... and their directors are buying shares, pretty heavily. Bought a few myself just now, in case they pop.... and I"m left with that lonely FOMO feeling.

Thanks RIGOLO for original nudge on this. I have bought and sold two batches already over the last few weeks at a respectable profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭roosterman71

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

Augeo wrote: »
    You're based (allegedly) in Boston iirc? By this morning you mean 3am ish?

these fkwits convince me Im making the right decision to walk away from the millenials that are infecting everything, with their trying to sound smart by doing anal forensic analysis, with their I ignored your tip now show me proof you made a trade, with their give me a guaranteed winner and a prize for everyone.

my oldest son was born in Boston, I lived there for many years in the roughest black (non-Irish) neighbourhods, I still have a base there so whaddya want to know .. you want to know my sleeping hours , see some passports, know what countries I own property in, want to know where Im currently residing even though pre-Covid I moved around constantly , Ive recently posted about La Vielle Lumiere there you go Sherlock work it out .. tools like this just drag everything down to a level of stupidity where you just get dragged into having to tell some nobody what you had for breakfast today cos they didnt like what you had for breakfast yesterday all before they then expect you to give them some investment advice.

f'ing entitlement generation tools , with their spend hours everyday doing research and then give me some stock picks and then also justify your life to me while your at it to see if it fits my moral compass ...

You guys thargor,Bob Harris, cronos, crushproof, One More Toy, Slanty, Stark, Take Your Pants Off, Augeo you can take over and keep this thread alive .... I see BOI are red there normal service is resumed.

Lol for someone allegedly making a few quid out of stocks you are in fairly bad form :)

All the best with your break from here, Slán go fóill :D

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

Long time observer, first time contributor to this forum. I for one lover reading Rigolo's insightful and humorous posts! Clearly alot of research going into his recommendations and investments.

It would be a shame to leave because of a small minority who try to undermine you! The rest of us benefit from your insights...

Wish I had taken more advice on here and didn't jump head first into some of the stocks I did - 4D Pharma and Edesa being two... Had been in PLTR for a good few weeks and it's keeping me afloat nicely at the mo. NIO was one that got away from me and nervous about jumping in now... lots of hype and hard to see the justification now

voodoo wrote: »

Wish I had taken more advice on here and didn't jump head first into some of the stocks I did - 4D Pharma .............

Not many investors who bought into 4 d pharma in 2020 will regret it I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Cpfm

voodoo wrote: »
    Long time observer, first time contributor to this forum. I for one lover reading Rigolo's insightful and humorous posts! Clearly alot of research going into his recommendations and investments.

It would be a shame to leave because of a small minority who try to undermine you! The rest of us benefit from your insights...

I'd echo these points. Also a noob, but really enjoyed your posts RIGOLO, and appreciated the thinking and insights..

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭outonawing

Rigolo, I wouldn't blame you if you upped sticks and left. That said the forum would be a poorer place in your absence.

In life, there will always be people who feel the need to keep others in check. Who knows why they have that need.

Like most others here, I hope you can rise above the negative comments and continue with your positive contributions.

Either way, I wish you well with all your investments.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

What's the Israeli stock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Augeo wrote: »
    Lol for someone allegedly making a few quid out of stocks you are in fairly bad form :)

All the best with your break from here, Slán go fóill :D

May have lost a few bucks betting on Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

RIGOLO wrote: »
    So I woke up this morning a bit excited, Id been researching late last night, as the wife was lining up fruit symbols on her tablet Im scouring the net for some multi-bagger (not that kind of multi-bagger, you know what I mean) .

Anyways I was excited as I felt Id come across an new exciting Israeli startup, a potential disruptor in its field. High risk but high reward and anyone who wanted to play the venture capitalist by taking a small stake and spinning the wheel could jump on board. Its not a bad bet, Israeli startups probably have the highest success rates of all by nation.

And then Im greeted with these 2 posts , so I reassesed things as I walked the youngest to school (Im a few hours ahed of you guys different time zone both literally and metaphysically)

Im going to spend the next 4-6 hours with TV on in the background, Europe Squawk Box running into US Squawk Box, Squawk Alley flipping occasionaly to Bloomberg news and also scouring multiple forums I am on and other sites.
    My kids will come home and ask what did Joe, Becky and Andrew have to say today (they are on first name terms with the presenters, if you dont know who they are then that says alot) . Anybody else have an 8 year old who knows who Andrew Ross-Sorkin is and who is not only scared of the wolves in the forest but also the Wolfs of Wall St... I thought not.

I mentioned CBAT last Friday and on Sunday, they jumped 80% on Monday its not my fault you guys (thargor,Bob Harris, cronos, crushproof, One More Toy, Slanty, Stark, Take Your Pants Off) didnt bite.
    And some people want a poster to format the information so they can digest it better.. f'ing entitlement generation strikes again.

Ive been very honest in my posts, Ive laid out for all to see bad calls as well as good calls.
    I will not be posting any screenshots. Im the kind of guy who when I put an app on my phone, I say no fk off you cant access all my files. So in this day and age the less that may reveal identity in social media is a good creedo to live by.

Ive tried to help newbies , but going forward Im going to leave it to (thargor,Bob Harris, cronos, crushproof, One More Toy, Slanty, Stark, Take Your Pants Off)to do all that.
    You guys and the likes of Jim who doesnt pick any stock but aftertimes everything can now lead the thread.

Id watched this board for awhile, it was embarrassing, the greatest most volatile mkt in a century and the place was dead. I generalise but it was full of what do poeple think of BOI. I know I brought some life to it , stirred things up and got a good conversation going and increased the traffic. WE were all benefiting
    But going forward Im going to leave it to the likes of Jim, thargor,Bob Harris, cronos, crushproof, One More Toy, Slanty, Stark, Take Your Pants Off to get the conversation going.

Im going to let it to (Jim, thargor,Bob Harris, cronos, crushproof, One More Toy, Slanty, Stark, Take Your Pants Off) to spend the morning digesting the buisness news and tell you all what the markets are saying .

thargor,Bob Harris, cronos, crushproof, One More Toy, Slanty, Stark, Take Your Pants Off, you guys win, I will leave ye to your world of give me a guaranteed winner and if I miss it and dont jump on your tip then prove to me you jumped on it.

You seem to have no idea how much time goes into finding the nuggett of information that holds the key, how many pages and pages have to be gone thru, a single post might be the result of 2 hours work, my Sunday mornings 2-3 hours sitting in the kitchen trawling the last weeks news and next weeks potential .
    And Im volunterring this info to you from my time and you guys insult me with this. thargor,Bob Harris, cronos, crushproof, One More Toy, Slanty, Stark, Take Your Pants Off its all yours .

I will miss the thread, some genuine top blokes on here, but Im on a number of other stock forums where no one has the gall to insult a genuine poster and if they do they are soon shot down. They will do me for awhile

Too much positivity out there to take on the negativity of thargor,Bob Harris, cronos, crushproof, One More Toy, Slanty, Stark, Take Your Pants Off... life thought me its just not worth it.

And as to that Israeli startup I came across in a late night stupour.. Im going to see how that runs in the coming years.

No idea why you are quoting me here. I was referring to the thread in general, nothing to do with you.

If I was referring to anyone or anything it would be to a Mod. I still think a template of some form would be handy for specific stock picks. Although understandable if it would end up too time consuming for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Noob here, also enjoyed your posts Rigolo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

cronos wrote: »
    No idea why you are quoting me here. I was referring to the thread in general, nothing to do with you.

If I was referring to anyone or anything it would be to a Mod. I still think a template of some form would be handy for specific stock picks. Although understandable if it would end up too time consuming for everyone.

I think anyone that liked Thargos post, Rigolo thought they were against him. I, for one liked the post cause I thought it was funny. I really enjoy his insights in this thread to be quite frank.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

I think anyone that liked Thargos post, Rigolo thought they were against him. I, for one liked the post cause I thought it was funny. I really enjoy his insights in this thread to be quite frank.

A right I see now. I would just be curious to see overall fund performance of posters in general. While keeping it anonymous obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Also started a new position in GoodRx. They basically allow Americans to see where they can get their prescriptions cheaper.
    Amazon getting into Pharmacy - not good for these lads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Me too, mostly the Goldman Sachs bit. No offence intended

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭al87987

Only started trading on revolut last week for the 1st time and had been enjoyong RIGOLO's posting. Hope he returns

• Registered Users Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

GAN taking a pounding this afternoon, didnt think the quarterly results were that bad, limit order in for 15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Took a punt on £PMO in August after it's price fell considerably. It kept falling and I averaged down in the last couple of months. As it stands, the price has recovered to a position I'm now in profit (yippee). There is talks of a merger though so I'm not sure if I should hold or bail out. Any thoughts?

Advertisement