Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

RIOT 16% , MARA 21% breaking out . All that Sunday research paying off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

NNDM and UMC flying it for me. Took out a small positions in SOLO and Tanh, both ev stocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

Timmaay wrote: »
    NNDM and UMC flying it for me. Took out a small positions in SOLO and Tanh, both ev stocks.

that tanh website looks as dodgy as its chart what is it an electric bus? you thinking that dump was too much?

GEVO 20+% today
    Days like this when multiple holdings are up double digits ... portfolio is crushing it.
    I guess Wall St has released the hounds, its 'risk off' for Thanksgiving now that vaccines are appearing .
    Took some profits shifted them to UXIN awaitng earnings and some magic Chinese accounting , still undecided about SOL .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Haven't made many moves over the last 2 months.

Still holding Gamestop and added to my Barryroe bet with some Lansdowne Oil and Gas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Sold my PLTR @ $20.03 for a quick 10% profit, not bad for a few days work, I'll take it.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

hottipper wrote: »
    Ah cool its a super high risk play so no more than 2% of your account if anyone reading is going to risk it + we at the top of the daily so a good chance it retraces this week.
    If your interested in used cars maybe check out vroom $vrm
    They sell second hand cars online, don't have any dealerships your car arrives in a box like a pair of runners and you can try it out for 2 weeks :pac: It was backed by bill gates investments. It may be garbage not for everyone looking at the chart though price starting to diverge risk / reward is there.

They vroom $vrm just need to announce a strategy for dealing with second hand electric cars and they will be well up by the end of the day.

It's one area I haven't seen get discussed much yet, what happens with second hand electric cars. Like the batteries must die overtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 doolepat

CRSR up 12% today!! Another fair shout for Rigolo...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

I posted a couple of times on this thread, started trading in March, up 52% to date, extremely lucky personally in these difficult times. Not sure about the vaccines in terms of uptake and the "return to normal" that many are predicting and considering selling some. Best performers are Amphenol +55%, Dow +52%, VMW +31%. Only negative is Carnival -6%, but I do have Boeing +20%, both I will hold as I believe long term they will improve.

Not sure how other amateurs like myself felt about the opportunity to buy cheap earlier this year, but for me it was a no brainer, wish I had more to commit back then, but such is life

doolepat wrote: »
    CRSR up 12% today!! Another fair shout for Rigolo...
    delighted to hear you made some coin but credit where credit is due .. nemeses2020 was the first to get on them and speak of potential. I just agreed with his initial assesment.

Theres too much happening in the market, too many sectors to cover for any one person , thats why this thread will work if we all help out.

fwiw
    I am currently building a bigger position in CRSR even as they grow as I expect they still have room to grow, alot to catch up with the mcap of Logitech , and theres some security in the gaming sector. No reason that post xmas, black Friday and winter semi-lockdowns that they dont beat the street estimates.
    Corsair are in every sector of gaming setups , and sit in the top 1 to 3 slots in memory,keyboards,mice, screens.
    I built a gaming computer for the kids with Corsair memory and power supply months ago one of the best stock picks of the quarter was sitting under my kids desk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

omerin wrote: »
    I posted a couple of times on this thread, started trading in March, up 52% to date, extremely lucky personally in these difficult times. Not sure about the vaccines in terms of uptake and the "return to normal" that many are predicting and considering selling some. Best performers are Amphenol +55%, Dow +52%, VMW +31%. Only negative is Carnival -6%, but I do have Boeing +20%, both I will hold as I believe long term they will improve.

Not sure how other amateurs like myself felt about the opportunity to buy cheap earlier this year, but for me it was a no brainer, wish I had more to commit back then, but such is life
    I started in April myself. I could have committed a lot more but I was tentative. I've done well so far though, especially with Square and Adobe. The plan now is to just keep learning and making regular investments.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Out of PLTR myself today at $22.20. Went in only 12 days ago at $15.20. so am delighted how that worked. Great tip. I actually think it has more legs too but I kinda needed the money!

Will try go in on PYPL soon for a long hold. Been reading their future plans to try cut out the middle men (credit card companies primarily) and it sounds good. SQ have similar intentions. Could be big growth there at the expense of the big credit card companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭tobeme2020

I started in April myself. I could have committed a lot more but I was tentative. I've done well so far though, especially with Square and Adobe. The plan now is to just keep learning and making regular investments.

What are your thoughts on to invest next

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭tobeme2020

Out of PLTR myself today at $22.20. Went in only 12 days ago at $15.20. so am delighted how that worked. Great tip. I actually think it has more legs too but I kinda needed the money!

Will try go in on PYPL soon for a long hold. Been reading their future plans to try cut out the middle men (credit card companies primarily) and it sounds good. SQ have similar intentions. Could be big growth there at the expense of the big credit card companies.

What is the forecasts you think for these investments

Started in January myself, got a lucky break with Telsa right out the door, however ended up pulling the plug in late March after suffering a 20% drawdown, on hindsight, god what an idiot Tim for not dollar averaging into the market across afew months, I wouldn't of nearly suffered as much pain otherwise. I was too burnt to get back in until June, so missed the whole start of the recovery lol, however nicely caught the EV bubble last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

I swing traded specific undervalued stocks after the crash in March and have returned 800% so far this year. I’ve been very lucky too of course!

*Started with a small amount

well played nothing wrong with those sort of gains in a few days.
    Its not the only way but the best way to learn this buisness is to trade.. trade trade...

PLTR post IPO lock-up period for employees who own stock from when they were private ends Dec31st. After that date they can sell shares so I dont expet much of a pull back in PLTR until then.

hottipper wrote: »
    that tanh website looks as dodgy as its chart what is it an electric bus? you thinking that dump was too much?

I know jack sh1t about the company lol, but yep reading up on stocktwits plenty think its oversold, I've managed to get a quick 26% return already so happy out.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Pilbarra going great the past few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

Been trying to come up with my next pick. Was thinking Boeing and have just seen that's gone up a decent amount today.

Anyone have suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

Anyone think it's too late to go in on Unity?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

RIGOLO wrote: »
    Its not the only way but the best way to learn this buisness is to trade.. trade trade...

PLTR post IPO lock-up period for employees who own stock from when they were private ends Dec31st. After that date they can sell shares so I dont expet much of a pull back in PLTR until then.

PLTR absolutely flying. Heading to $21 now. I was trying to get in at about $14.50 after they annouced earnings. Kept waiting for an entry point (drop)..waiting, still waiting :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

RIGOLO wrote: »

From what I read I think It ends 3 days after the results from the Q4 2020 are released. Dec 31st is mentioned because it's when the 4Q 2020 ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

I normally buy and forget. But my nio stock is up 700%. Time to book a profit??

Im a fan of using many sources and tools for invesments.
    I dont adhere to the belief that one method beats the other.

For anyone interested in technical charting and need a stock charting and management tool TRADINGVIEW (which I use periodically) is having a Black Friday sale, its good value IMO.
    This isnt an endorsement that technical charting is the only way to make a buck in this business, I just find their interface UI pretty good and a one stop shop to see the action every so often. But dont feel the need to get it .

So DPW ...
    was anyone watching them , I had them in my notebook as they came up on my radar during research.

They jumped 230% yesterday, I did a few day trades as I got alerted when they popped in my watchlist from 44% gain early morning, thinking I was clever, but the cleverer thing would have been to just sit on them and go with the price action.
    Looks like they are rocketing out of the gate in Europe this morning, traded in Germany.
    I got some cold looks from herself when I showed her the entry, women rather than admiring my MARA 40% in a day shes complaining why didnt I get in on DPW.

So smaller float than BLNK and a better cash position with less debt.
    Smart money , FOMO money, gambler money, millenial money, old white guys who colonised the world money , to name but a few is all chasing the hot EV sector . The are a holding company thats a majority owner of a company thats providing charging points for buisness, rumour they have a deal with a national fast food franchise.

If BLNK are anything to go by then DPW may indeed be one of the last runners in the EV charging game to play catchup. SBE (Chargepoint SPAC) and BLNK already stole a march on them.

So as long as futures are green and risk off mode is still activated on Wall St, and I see Trump (:( let it go Rigolo its over, you lost, move on, you will always have the memories) has officially begun transition to Biden this may be another triple digit run today for DPW.

I cant believe we are now all talking about triple digit gains on stocks in a month as if its the norm. Seems mad to even be considering chasing a stock that popped 200%. Fk it if thats the way it is , just go with it.

good luck all, lets slay some shorts .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Those Chinese EV returns yesterday were bizarre. Congrats to anyone who was on them

• Registered Users Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

2 of my Oil stocks (Marathon & Tullow) hit ridiculous limit sell orders I had forgotten about. I'm happy I banked profit on them but thinking maybe I should have kept them longer... That said, my portfolio is flying... from being -23% back in March and even -4% back in September, I am now +21% on the whole.
    Have 10% of the portfolio in cash now that I need to put somewhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Those Chinese EV returns yesterday were bizarre. Congrats to anyone who was on them
    Yeah I had my doubts after that citron report but I'm happy with the returns I'm getting now from NIO and Xpeng.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

its been a crazy month alright wonder when the rug pull will come maybe after thanksgiving good to have everybody talking about stocks for the holidays :pac:
    need to check the fear greed index must be getting high.
    coty is up 132% and mindmed is up 180% from last month.
    Have my eye on another one its just not ready for prime time yet.

Advertisement