Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

hottipper wrote: »
    its been a crazy month alright wonder when the rug pull will come maybe after thanksgiving good to have everybody talking about stocks for the holidays :pac:
    need to check the fear greed index must be getting high.
    coty is up 132% and mindmed is up 180% from last month.
    Have my eye on another one its just not ready for prime time yet.

COTY .. I was looking at them this morning, seems we are all overlapping eachother in stocks we look at. .
    Women chomping at the bit to get their face paint on once society opens up.
    Have you followed them long, have they room to run?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

RIGOLO wrote: »
    COTY .. I was looking at them this morning, seems we are all overlapping eachother in stocks we look at. .
    Women chomping at the bit to get their face paint on once society opens up.
    Have you followed them long, have they room to run?

About a month ago think i posted it when you asked for a penny stock idea. its way over extended now, will probably get rejected off 8$ so way too risky to get in, i'm keeping it to see what happens but its a terrible entry now.

Next penny i'm looking at is drive shack these penny's are dangerous safer to go for something like jd or baba
    https://www.driveshack.com/games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Those Chinese EV returns yesterday were bizarre. Congrats to anyone who was on them

I jumped in NIO at 45 and got out at 49 last week, wasn't brave enough to hold them for the weekend...yesterday they all went bonkers.

sold GDRX too and will divert them to my favourites cyclicals :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭howiya

I jumped in NIO at 45 and got out at 49 last week, wasn't brave enough to hold them for the weekend...yesterday they all went bonkers.

sold GDRX too and will divert them to my favourites cyclicals :D

Made that call back when NIO where below 10. I think I bought in $4 and sold around $7. Oh what could have been

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

bfa1509 wrote: »
    With a potential end in sight to the virus, countries may want to get vital infrastructures in place before people get back on the roads. BAM and Caterpillar might be good options

Too much thinking, not enough action :(

BAM (AMS: BAMNB) +35% in the last two days....

• Advertisement

howiya wrote: »
    Made that call back when NIO where below 10. I think I bought in $4 and sold around $7. Oh what could have been

Sold at $9 at a time it jumped to $11 on a Friday evening which I didn't think it would hold. *Sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I don't know about all of ye, but I'm looking at a portfolio that has gone through the roof in the last few days and I'm fearing a collapse. I'd like to cash in but where to put the cash then is the question.

I've a few long term holds that can stay. I've made most of my gains this year from short holds after reading recommendations here. Where to go and what to do next is the question

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

I don't know about all of ye, but I'm looking at a portfolio that has gone through the roof in the last few days and I'm fearing a collapse. I'd like to cash in but where to put the cash then is the question.

I've a few long term holds that can stay. I've made most of my gains this year from short holds after reading recommendations here. Where to go and what to do next is the question

Throw it into your bank account and pay your taxes then reassess in the new year ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,605 ✭✭✭Treppen

bfa1509 wrote: »
    Too much thinking, not enough action :(

BAM (AMS: BAMNB) +35% in the last two days....

May as well get back some of our money from this crowd.

howiya wrote: »
    Sold at $9 at a time it jumped to $11 on a Friday evening which I didn't think it would hold. *Sigh*

think we all have been outfoxed by NIO and EV's at one stage... :)

Cyclicals have runned up in the last couple of weeks, wait for a dip and you can put your money there then...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

Anyone else putting more into airlines/cruise lines now that the climb back has started?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Fazorb

Liamo_mu wrote: »
    Anyone else putting more into airlines/cruise lines now that the climb back has started?

Just added more to my IAG stack

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭social butterfly 2020

cronos wrote: »
    This topic should really warrent it's own dedicated thread. Ideally on how to get in at the IPO price assuming it's going to go up. Which of course is not always the case but probable here. I'm a long term investor anyway but hate hearing about these things late.

How you reckon airbnb will do come their December IPO?

How you reckon airbnb will do come their December IPO?

Considering the vaccine news, a lot better, but retail wont get that benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Looks like PLTR is going to continue its run, up 5% in premarket, maybe $25 on board this week, might re-enter that for a quick in and out.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Supercell wrote: »
    Looks like PLTR is going to continue its run, up 5% in premarket, maybe $25 on board this week, might re-enter that for a quick in and out.

Most stocks are up pre-market what with all the positive news.

My 2 runners today will be GEVO ,already holding but will buy more and DPW which has already gained alot but Im going to follow the price action and volume on it.

RIGOLO wrote: »
    Most stocks are up pre-market what with all the positive news.

My 2 runners today will be GEVO ,already holding but will buy more and DPW which has already gained alot but Im going to follow the price action and volume on it.

Can I ask what's the catalyst for the GEVO spike?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Anyone holding Arrival CIIC?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

Anyone got any views on DRIV ?

With all the EV action lately and into the future seems like a less risky investment to me but looking for some counter arguments.

Would be investing with a view to hold long term.

Can I ask what's the catalyst for the GEVO spike?

I think the whole world has been asking that questions, whats the catalyst for the spike in all things bio,ev, renewables.
    Its the result of a number of things, alot of fomo, but alot of Biden and green new deal and vaccines etc..

As to GEVO their spike is mostly due to their development of renewable low carbon bio-fuels for airplanes. Aviation fuel has very stringent standards and GEVO claim to be meeting them and are a bio-fuel.
    Plus the cows and the piggies get to eat their animal feed byproduct of production . Although feedstuff prices are down, its still another string to their bow.
    Sometimes with these runs , I dont need to know ALL the details, just some , and then follow the action.

My plan today is to get in early on some trades then play a few hours of Fortnite and come back to a green screen.

• Advertisement

Rigolo - you still in AYRO...they seem to be much safer bet than compared to other EV's at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Meleftone

Anyone holding HLMA and if so what are your thoughts. Have been looking at them recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Fundamentals are out the window.. when a company makes 30 electric scooters a month and is worth $20 billion, you really gotta give your head a shake lol

Rigolo - you still in AYRO...they seem to be much safer bet than compared to other EV's at the moment?

I exited AYRO , before some of the recent spike, I didnt like the look of their cars/minivans. And I exited BLNK also and missed out on some of their pop.
    No need for violins, some of that money I moved to bitcoin miners and reaped the rewards there. I never thought Id see the day I left a stock that gained 40% but was happy cos I moved it to a stock that gained 50%.

Market is mad, I dont think you can use the word SAFE when talking about investing in EV stocks. Im wary to recommend anything at these incredible values. Its all caveat emptor

Pre-market looks great on alot of my holdings and if they open as is compounding on recent gains, then I will try to swing trade a few GEVO, DPW, HIVE . Bitcoin is gaining more and more legitimate interest, its seems the only way is up.
    Thats my plan today once I get past a few levels in Fortnite, which this thread is holding up.
    Ultimate goal is to scalp some profit from the mad run and add to cyclicals and more long term holds.
    I just hope Biden doesnt do any press conferences and remind the world what they signed up for until I get the portfolio rebalanced.

Good luck to y'all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

Anyone looking at Viatris?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Stablelad123

Fundamentals are out the window.. when a company makes 30 electric scooters a month and is worth $20 billion, you really gotta give your head a shake lol

Identical to dotcom era. Momentum stocks went up multiples daily. Great trading environment as long as you have strict money management practises.

Looks like it's going to drop hard, profit taking?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Anyone else buying airline stocks?

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭jams100

For now, this is when you have to manage risk. Fundamentals has and will always win out for the vast, vast majority of stocks in the long term. Be careful everyone with these EV stocks, reopening stocks etc. they are all going a bit out of control. Live nation, McDonalds, Eventbrite, airlines all getting really ahead of themselves now. Sold off another bit of my oil play today just to ensure no one sector makes up too much of my portfolio.

• Advertisement

TSLA breaks the 500Billion mark.. and Chinese EV stocks drop at open.. does not compute.

I think this is a bear trap , looking to scare out some weak hands and pick up the likes of LI, XPENG and NIO cheaply. They already look to be recovering some.

Rome wasnt built in a day . Forward charge ...

Advertisement