Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭virginmediapls

Whoever got me in on 4d pharma, you're a fecker.

Entire portfolio is green today except for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi7

bizidea wrote: »
    Would anyone recommend a good book or website where I could learn about investing I want to start investing this coming year probably a couple of hundred a month but nothing too risky

'The Intelligent Investor', by Benjamin Graham, is the Bible of value investing.

Also the little book series on investing, are easy, concise & well written short books on investing.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

Anyone else buying airline stocks?

Already had some but was about to go back in for more. The slow rise back has started it seems.

Who you thinking?

Delta and American being the obvious ones. Delta seems safer but less money to be made imo

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

I realise your tongue in cheek here , but lets nip this in the bud.

NO ONE HERE IS ADVERTISING THEMSELVES AS A PROFESSINAL FINANCIAL ADVISOR.

ANY POSTS HERE ARE IN GOOD FAITH BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY THEY ARE JUST THE OPINION OF THE POSTER.

YOU MAKE A TRADE AND YOU OWN IT .. NO BLOW BACK FOR THE OP IF IT GOES SOUTH .

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

It'll come back with the Nasdaq listing, fret not!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Liamo_mu wrote: »
    Already had some but was about to go back in for more. The slow rise back has started it seems.

Who you thinking?

Delta and American being the obvious ones. Delta seems safer but less money to be made imo
    Yeah I was thinking Delta myself. Or possibly even Ryanair at 15 quid a share.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Sold 34% of my NIO this morning (for the original capital amount plus 20%), sold half my Tanh that I took a handy 40% gain from yesterday, trimmed 1/4 my Novacyt for a 25% loss (Rigolo worst share tip ever!!!, Lol nay absolutely no regrets and I'll see how the future goes, hopefully get back to breakeven next negative covid news and trim more then, can't win them all). Bought more NNDM on the dip this morning and have buy orders in for it and UMC.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Looks like it's going to drop hard, profit taking?

Got out at $9. Just couldn't find a shred to back up the stock at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Yeah I was thinking Delta myself. Or possibly even Ryanair at 15 quid a share.

Ryanair would be too defensive at the moment, Long haul airlines like AAL or IAG were hammered..so look at them

disclaimer : it's totally upto you, don't go by my suggestion. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭virginmediapls

RIGOLO wrote: »

I realise your tongue in cheek here , but lets nip this in the bud.

NO ONE HERE IS ADVERTISING THEMSELVES AS A PROFESSINAL FINANCIAL ADVISOR.

ANY POSTS HERE ARE IN GOOD FAITH BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY THEY ARE JUST THE OPINION OF THE POSTER.

YOU MAKE A TRADE AND YOU OWN IT .. NO BLOW BACK FOR THE OP IF IT GOES SOUTH .

Ahaha Jaysus, there was me thinking I'd be getting a refund?!??!

"But, Mr Degiro, someone on the internet said it would be a good stock - sale and goods and supply of services act??!?!".

Of course I am messing !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Stayed away from PLTR in the end today, volatility is too nuts for my heart.
    Instead invested in LADR, its a covid recovery play , a fat dividend and I think could double in the next year, less stress all round :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Not exactly stock related but how are you all converting your money from euro to dollars. Right now I just use revolut but you can only do 1K a month before you start paying fees.

I'm wondering if I'm better off adding dollars to revolut and avoid their exchange fees?

That said AIBs fee for exchange rate isn't very transparent and is possibly worse I'd say.

Am I missing anything obvious?

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Currency fair I've used in the past for >1k, but idk how good it is these days

cefh17 wrote: »
    Currency fair I've used in the past for >1k, but idk how good it is these days

That might be a good shout. Will look into it more this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

That might be a good shout. Will look into it more this week.

Could you upgrade to premium revolut for a month which comes with no limit to the fx amount? Haven't premium but that was my plan, matbe someone could confirm

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

Given back a chunk of yesterdays gains , took a risk on a few plays, but this falls into the investment bracket, investing in emerging tech and companies requires faith , risk and patience. Happy to have also increased positions in some long term holds.
    Thats okay , its a shortened week with Thanksgiving and people are booking their profit.
    Watching the French news and we are back open for buisness it seems in the next few weeks, I just hope Covid got the memo. Lets see if this reopening of society has a different result to the last 2 we tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭jams100

Just bought Wells fargo and Mastercard.
    With the American economy going to turn around quick in 2021 I think this stock has been undervalued, have been keeping an eye on them for a while but finally pulled the trigger on both today. Can see Wells being up 30-40% in 12 months. With a dividend of only 1.40% a dividend increase 2021 is almost a certainty, which should result in a nice little bump.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭HelloYoungBoy

Been in and out of $GRWG the past couple of weeks. Still probably a way to go on it yet but not something I plan to hold long term

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

I'll be surprised if the S&P 500 doesn't hit 6,000-10,000 before 2030.

Interest rates over the last 10 years have been the lowest ever in American history, not to mention the massive QE between 2008 and 2020 pandemic. Couple that with a growing awareness of personal finance and investing, the 20's has potential for some of the most aggressive growth ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Sold out of Citi the other day at 52. Gutted now it's 56 and haven't the heart to buy back in

• Advertisement

jams100 wrote: »
    Just bought Wells fargo and Mastercard.
    With the American economy going to turn around quick in 2021 I think this stock has been undervalued, have been keeping an eye on them for a while but finally pulled the trigger on both today. Can see Wells being up 30-40% in 12 months. With a dividend of only 1.40% a dividend increase 2021 is almost a certainty, which should result in a nice little bump.

Hadn't thought of wells Fargo myself. Was going to put a load into Delta and American Airlines this week. But think you might be right in Wells. Might put them in my split.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

theballz wrote: »

Interest rates over the last 10 years have been the lowest ever in American history, not to mention the massive QE between 2008 and 2020 pandemic. Couple that with a growing awareness of personal finance and investing, the 20's has potential for some of the most aggressive growth ever seen.

We're heading for another great depression

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

99nsr125 wrote: »
    We're heading for another great depression
    We need people saying the above to get this:
    Couple that with a growing awareness of personal finance and investing, the 20's has potential for some of the most aggressive growth ever seen.
    I've seen a few wise heads saying DJI to 10x and it involves going to the moon. Literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Supercell wrote: »
    Stayed away from PLTR in the end today, volatility is too nuts for my heart.
    Instead invested in LADR, its a covid recovery play , a fat dividend and I think could double in the next year, less stress all round :)

I like this. Interesting to see how thr REITs go in the states with the recovery.

First time post after months of reading and missing out I've finally opened a trading account!

My picks long term:
    Paypal - WB news hopefully and BTC
    Facebook
    Apple - the notion of them offering a more private search engine and not sharing data, I think may be huge.

None very exciting, I know., but still room for growth.

Short term:
    I'm too scared

Just to say, this is one of the best threads, if not the best on boards. Thoroughly enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭al87987

Hadn't thought of wells Fargo myself. Was going to put a load into Delta and American Airlines this week. But think you might be right in Wells. Might put them in my split.

Is the long term loss of business class customers not going to seriously dent recovery here?

Surely a lot of companies will switch to zoom, save costs, boost their environmental profile by keeping the flying businessman at home. They make up a sizable portion of profits.

Howdy folks.

I'm assuming with short week in US, there could be profit-booking and European markets would be bit directionless, this could be a good opportunity to accumulate some of the stocks which have run-up in the last couple of weeks.

Paypoint PLC, another name to add to recovery play...With shops Re-opening again this has great scope.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Stablelad123

theballz wrote: »

In order for the S&P to hit those numbers you would have to see massive growth in nearly all sectors. I can see infrastructure spending increasing but not sure where the massive growth will come in the heavily weighted tech sector. The leaders have seen their growth stagnate in the last few years especially in areas like ad spending. Cloud has been the driving force for many but competition is getting fierce. Areas like automation and AI are the future but will benefit others more.
    The growth we have seen during this digital revolution has been unprecedented. Unless there is another major catalyst for growth I can't see those S&P targets hitting. We could hit between 4K - 5K. imo.
    Also this environment of low interest rates and QE is investor friendly but eventually something has got to give. You can't just keep increasing the money supply / debt exponentially. Eventually either inflation will rise and rates go up or we get deflation and problem time as rates are so low. Looking forward to seeing what transpires.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Just putting this out there as a marker for hopefully positive update later.

I've been building a significant holding in Ackmans SPAC PSTH for some time and it accounts for near 50% of my portfolio now. Average price is $21.70 or so...... expecting news of a target in Q1 and possibly sooner. A lot of chatter that the target is Stripe, if true this could double at least.

I like Ackman, his founders fee is performance related and the Tontine structure rewards long term investors.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

In order for the S&P to hit those numbers you would have to see massive growth in nearly all sectors. I can see infrastructure spending increasing but not sure where the massive growth will come in the heavily weighted tech sector. The leaders have seen their growth stagnate in the last few years especially in areas like ad spending. Cloud has been the driving force for many but competition is getting fierce. Areas like automation and AI are the future but will benefit others more.
    The growth we have seen during this digital revolution has been unprecedented. Unless there is another major catalyst for growth I can't see those S&P targets hitting. We could hit between 4K - 5K. imo.
    Also this environment of low interest rates and QE is investor friendly but eventually something has got to give. You can't just keep increasing the money supply / debt exponentially. Eventually either inflation will rise and rates go up or we get deflation and problem time as rates are so low. Looking forward to seeing what transpires.

I see more potential in China/Asia 2bh.

• Advertisement

AmberGold wrote: »
    Just putting this out there as a marker for hopefully positive update later.

I've been building a significant holding in Ackmans SPAC PSTH for some time and it accounts for near 50% of my portfolio now. Average price is $21.70 or so...... expecting news of a target in Q1 and possibly sooner. A lot of chatter that the target is Stripe, if true this could double at least.

I like Ackman, his founders fee is performance related and the Tontine structure rewards long term investors.

I have some of them too and there was a lot of excitement last week...but then it turned out to be a false alarm...I agree it's not like other SPACs, you get additional warrants etc. as well.

Advertisement