Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Kilboor wrote: »
    Providence Resources Farmout finalised, going to be a tasty end to the month for me

Everytime I buy Providence on Degiro I get this message. Any ideas?
    Unfortunately this product is not available for trading. This could be due to regulatory reasons, your current profile or an internal decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Everytime I buy Providence on Degiro I get this message. Any ideas?

Hi Rooster, providence was removed from degiro. I was informed that they have reached their limit for those types of assets or some other bull****. Any holders can still sell however.

If you can only play it on Degiro I'd suggest looking at LOGP instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

I'd suggest Binance or Kraken - their trading fees are much better by comparison with Coinbase. Be sure to take your crypto off the exchange regardless of which one you use.
    Coinbase's margin trades shut down and KYC requests appear to be in line with IPO requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,605 ✭✭✭Treppen

Ok... Just going by Rigolo's suggestion as to look at what the kids find popular, teenagers are addicted to the day fashion outlet Pretty little thing owned by Boohoo. " It's like penny's but online" is what I've been told.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭crushproof

Treppen wrote: »
    Ok... Just going by Rigolo's suggestion as to look at what the kids find popular, teenagers are addicted to the day fashion outlet Pretty little thing owned by Boohoo. " It's like penny's but online" is what I've been told.

I think the time this year to get in on Boohoo was when they were outed in the summer when it was discovered they operated almost slave like factories in Leicester! Price plummeted but has regained some of its losses since.

I think the boat has sailed on making a fast buck on them, fast fashion is indeed a fast moving environment and there's a hell of a lot of competition online. Nonetheless in the short term I do believe the price will go up with the continuation of lockdown shopping from home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Just loaded up my 14 year old daughters Revolut with €50 @ 7am this morning so she could participate in the PLT Black Friday Sale on the bus to school.....

They must be cleaning up!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

Retail not so much a feature right now. This is being driven by the less regulated hedge funds/family offices/wealthy individuals. Also, paypal are a large buyer in this market - given that they're now offering crypto. Proper institutional investment has yet to arrive. It will come eventually.

Aren't you just shorting the $dxy you'd want to hope the double bottom in the $dxy doesn't hold or say goodbye to the value of your bitcoins. My point is you don't need a whole industry for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭MurDawg

Thoughts on Slack when the market reopens? Expecting it to run further today as the salesforce story trends.

GEVO should be interesting today (VERY volatile stock). Up 12% pre market, could end down 20% :D Dont get caught by the FOMOtion.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Whoever got me in on 4d pharma, you're a fecker.

Entire portfolio is green today except for them!

Up 12% since you posted ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

VSTM, another old thread favourite that i've been bag holding for ages is on the up today early at 2$.
    Still a long way for me to go to break even on that donkey!

retalivity wrote: »
    VSTM, another old thread favourite that i've been bag holding for ages is on the up today early at 2$.
    Still a long way for me to go to break even on that donkey!

Same here. Any news?

AmberGold wrote: »
    Just loaded up my 14 year old daughters Revolut with €50 @ 7am this morning so she could participate in the PLT Black Friday Sale on the bus to school.....

They must be cleaning up!

Ha funny, students have said the same thing to me.
    They're Getting a revolut top up for PLT.

Seems revolut are the go-to for under-18s buying online. Wonder will they ever list?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jinish

Quick question if someone can help.
    My holdings in Degiro is 50% up.
    However i havnt withdrwn it to an Irish Bank account.
    During the last 6 months I bought many and sold many. Some made profits and some loss. As of today the portfolio us up 50%.
    In terms of CGT, am I supposed to pay this years' gain even if i didn't withdraw the fund back to Ireland? The associated ac in Germany.
    Or is CGT paid only when I withdraw the money back to my Irish Acc?
    I am Cognizant about the 1200 exemption too, and would like to claim it. However I am reluctant to withdraw fund back to Ireland and the send back again.
    Any help would be appreciated.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

So a few stocks dropping double digits % and a few more bigger holdings jumping high single or jumping double digit % .

And then a few Id been watching but not entered decided to make a jump today.
    SOL up 20% and NNOX up 10% (may not be too late to get in, this pop is because they announced they will demo their xray mri machine on Dec 3rd at a radiology summit)
    So thats okay, if you find a winner but dont buy in you can always take away the confidence that you can find a few gems, so just go repeat the process and you learn the stoic humbling wisdom of failure.

Good call whoever tipped NNDM (I didnt buy in) , seems Israeli and NANO is all thats needed.

And CRSR still on a down channel, but I will continue to buy in and build my stake. Im currently building a new system for one of the kids, going to load it up with CRSR products, thats sure to tip the scales :rolleyes:.

jinish wrote: »
    During the last 6 months I bought many and sold many. Some made profits and some loss. As of today the portfolio us up 50%.
    In terms of CGT, am I supposed to pay this years' gain even if i didn't withdraw the fund back to Ireland? The associated ac in Germany.
    I am Cognizant about the 1200 exemption too, and would like to claim it. However I am reluctant to withdraw fund back to Ireland and the send back again.

As soon as you sell your holding on degiro - regardless of where degiro hold your money - you are liable to pay any gains over the exemption as tax.

So yes you have to pay even though you haven't withdrawn it to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

What's everyones thought on the travel industry?

Namely cruise lines. They are the highest they have been post Covid. Do we think they will drop again or is this the steady climb back to normality?

Trying to decide if I sell. If I sell I would definitely plan to buy it back since I think long term they reach close to their old values or atleast much close than they are now.

I think if it goes into your DE one you don't have to declare it.. I'm not a tax accountant though. Mine is linked to my dutch account and the capital gains tax here is practically nothing so the irish gov will never see a penny of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Same here. Any news?

Havent a clue, had nearly forgot about it til I saw it at the top of my green list today.
    Bought into Palantir on a falling edge at 26.80, seems to be all over the shop today.

Liamo_mu wrote: »
    What's everyones thought on the travel industry?

Namely cruise lines. They are the highest they have been post Covid. Do we think they will drop again or is this the steady climb back to normality?

Trying to decide if I sell. If I sell I would definitely plan to buy it back since I think long term they reach close to their old values or atleast much close than they are now.

I think they might come back down a bit but for cruise lines i'd back Norwegian from what I can gather they own the fleet so they aren't paying any rental/lease fees etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

retalivity wrote: »
    Havent a clue, had nearly forgot about it til I saw it at the top of my green list today.
    Bought into Palantir on a falling edge at 26.80, seems to be all over the shop today.

Wouldn't read too much into today, thats probably not a bad entry, I reckon PLTR will go to near $40 before the FOMO wears off, $30 was already busted so resistance wont be much there, annoyed at myself for selling at $20 because I don't understand the company very well, that rule should really apply for long term holds, here the TA was screaming up and I ignored that, my loss, learning experience.

I think every-man and his dog is looking for $40 so it wont quite get there in the near term, personally would be looking to set tight stops around $38 if/when it passes there.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

As soon as you sell your holding on degiro - regardless of where degiro hold your money - you are liable to pay any gains over the exemption as tax.

So yes you have to pay even though you haven't withdrawn it to Ireland.
    Thank you! Will sort everything during weekend

DutchYurt wrote: »
    I think if it goes into your DE one you don't have to declare it.. I'm not a tax accountant though. Mine is linked to my dutch account and the capital gains tax here is practically nothing so the irish gov will never see a penny of it.
    Its the Degiro Account thats based in Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Been a while since I looked at this but you have a liability to tax on worldwide gains if you are both irish domiciled and irish tax resident. If you are irish resident but foreign domiciled you are liable to tax on any gains remitted into Ireland.

Domicile is a weird concept but a good overview is here

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money_and_tax/tax/moving_country_and_taxation/tax_residence_and_domicile_in_ireland.html#

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Supercell wrote: »
    Wouldn't read too much into today, thats probably not a bad entry, I reckon PLTR will go to near $40 before the FOMO wears off, $30 was already busted so resistance wont be much there, annoyed at myself for selling at $20 because I don't understand the company very well, that rule should really apply for long term holds, here the TA was screaming up and I ignored that, my loss, learning experience.

I think every-man and his dog is looking for $40 so it wont quite get there in the near term, personally would be looking to set tight stops around $38 if/when it passes there.

Mad share. Had gone up by double digit percentage practically every day for last two weeks.kicking myself that I didn't get in earlier. Was sitting on the pot at $15....but didn't shoot.

Seems to be running out of gas now at $28.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

VSTM was building up to a day like today for a week or more. Shot up Wednesday afternoon and in AH trading.
    Something afoot but mere mortals like ourselves aren't privy to those goings on.
    Sold 2/3 of my holding for above my average price overall but for a loss on the FIFO basis so will be a few quid off the CGT bill. Have 400 of them left at an avg of 1.41. We'll see if there is some news and a real pop or will go back to where they came from and wallow like they usually do. I've been holding for Verastem for 3+ years and had enough of them to be honest. There is better value to be had elsewhere like PIC (XL Fleet). Up nearly 25% since I got in on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Bob Harris wrote: »
    VSTM was building up to a day like today for a week or more. Shot up Wednesday afternoon and in AH trading.
    Something afoot but mere mortals like ourselves aren't privy to those goings on.
    Sold 2/3 of my holding for above my average price overall but for a loss on the FIFO basis so will be a few quid off the CGT bill. Have 400 of them left at an avg of 1.41. We'll see if there is some news and a real pop or will go back to where they came from and wallow like they usually do. I've been holding for Verastem for 3+ years and had enough of them to be honest. There is better value to be had elsewhere like PIC (XL Fleet). Up nearly 25% since I got in on Tuesday.

Ya it's a slow burner but the science is spot on. Big fan but likely a year from now until the big readouts. One of their molecules is an immune suppressor and appears extremely effective at dampening the cytokine storm COVID is famous for. If its not that has to be a buyout.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 dazza181

Providence Resources Farmout finalised, going to be a tasty end to the month for me

+20% since. Great shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Eventbrite closed above $17 for the first time since Covid, took a lot of the gain off the table and went into Sabre. Sabre I hope and feel it has a lot to go, hasn't recovered like others.

• Advertisement

dazza181 wrote: »
    +20% since. Great shout.

Monday could be even better

Advertisement