Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

I've also joined the PSTH train... we'll either be sipping champagne or splitting cans of dutch gold in Q1.

Anyone else into Palantir? Small pullback so far this week.

Also Telos is starting to move, up 16% today.

Worth including the prices you buy in at just to satisfy curiosity.

DutchYurt wrote: »
    Jumped into PSTH today... so you've been warned. It'll be 1 by tomorrow :P

What did you get in at? Any ideas on what's actually happening with it. Have at least learned about the basic concept this week and the 2 year rule.

How much and at what price I'm curious. Or perhaps more curious about percentage of your overall fund rather than how much specifically. Just judging peoples views of the risks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

RedRochey wrote: »
    Has anyone used Grayscale Bitcoin Trust to get exposure to Bitcoin? Haven't done any research on it yet but sounds like an easy way to get Bitcoin into your stock portfolio

Plenty of people are using it to gain exposure to BTC - particularly those that are more comfortable trading on the conventional market or otherwise would have regulatory hangups if they attempted to go direct.
    Grayscale has about $12 billion AUM now - most of that added this year.

There's a premium to be paid. If you'd like to go direct but you're not sure how, PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 culchie_abroad

cronos wrote: »
    Worth including the prices you buy in at just to satisfy curiosity.

PSTH - 25.76 usd. I have half of my admittedly small (but growing) portfolio in this one

PLTR - 21.06 ~20% of my cash here

Telos - 19.85 <10% so far... probably should have bought more though I don't think it has the same growth potential of PLTR based on what I've read.

Draft Kings is the next one I want to get into.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭pitrn

I've also joined the PSTH train... we'll either be sipping champagne or splitting cans of dutch gold in Q1.

Looking to buy the Psth shares but
    it's a complex share and Digero is asking me to change the setting..just wondering is it like buying a normal share like bank of Ireland or Smurfit kappa or its different?

• Advertisement

Could anyone advise on how a complex share like Psth is different from buying a normal share?

pitrn wrote: »
    Could anyone advise on how a complex share like Psth is different from buying a normal share?

I'm definately not in a position to advise anyone given I didn't know what this was a week ago but this may help. Basically PSTH is a specific instance of the concept of a SPAC. So first you learn about SPAC, then you learn about PSTH specifically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfNFI5JhrvA&ab_channel=CNBCInternational

Looking to buy the Psth shares but
    it's a complex share and Digero is asking me to change the setting..just wondering is it like buying a normal share like bank of Ireland or Smurfit kappa or its different?

I'm based in the US so I actually use Robinhood (the one Rigolo was taking the piss out of it earlier :p)

I buy the shares, I know there's also warrants being traded separately but I don't have a good understanding of what exactly that entitles you to. I'll leave that to someone more knowledgeable to explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Choo Choo on the PSTH train. The first stock I've ever bought.

A lot of reading before buying eight stocks.. Wolf of Wall St how are ya

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭kennypowers

I'm based in the US so I actually use Robinhood (the one Rigolo was taking the piss out of it earlier :p)

I buy the shares, I know there's also warrants being traded separately but I don't have a good understanding of what exactly that entitles you to. I'll leave that to someone more knowledgeable to explain.

You mentioned draft kings in an earlier post. A great way to gain exposure to gambling industry in the us is betz etf. Imo as the puritanical gaming laws are changing state by state there will be massive demand .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

80s Child wrote: »

Textbook bear signal.

Sell sell sell!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

cronos wrote: »
    I'm definately not in a position to advise anyone given I didn't know what this was a week ago but this may help. Basically PSTH is a specific instance of the concept of a SPAC. So first you learn about SPAC, then you learn about PSTH specifically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfNFI5JhrvA&ab_channel=CNBCInternational

Some more info about PSTH in particular

https://spacalpha.com/insights/analysis-of-tontine-warrants/

80s Child wrote: »

Lunatic... should have split it 50:50 between prize bonds and winning streak scratch cards :pac:

You mentioned draft kings in an earlier post. A great way to gain exposure to gambling industry in the us is betz etf. Imo as the puritanical gaming laws are changing state by state there will be massive demand .

Thanks this is a great idea... I'll definitely look into this.

Have Roundhill a good track record? This ETF is small in size and volume but I'm guessing that's down to how new it is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

Vaccine approved and I sold my cruise line stocks two days ago.

Suspect I'll regret that heavily today

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭agoodpunt

anyone do GGP? 2p to 28p YTD had them at 1.5 last year now average 13p think it a lot more to go IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

And to answer another question re DeGiro & PSTH.

Degiro classify SPAC's as "Complex investment products". This related in part to the included warrants and higher risk profile, this is how it differs from a normal share.

You need to get your account privilege settings changed which involves doing the exam. It's easy!

I have 95% of my holding of PSTH on Interactive Broker but also have a few PSTH shares on DeGiro. To avoid confusion I mailed DeGiro and they said I'd receive the warrants when allocated.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

AmberGold wrote: »

Degiro classify SPAC's as "Complex investment products". This related in part to the included warrants and higher risk profile, this is how it differs from a normal share.

You need to get your account privilege settings changed which involves doing the exam. It's easy!

I have 95% of my holding of PSTH on Interactive Broker but also have a few PSTH shares on DeGiro. To avoid confusion I mailed DeGiro and they said I'd receive the warrants when allocated.

To give you an idea of where I'm at on PSTH I'm holding 7500 (+ warrants) @ a buy of $21.57.... GLA!

I've never dealt with warrants before, are they tradable on Degiro like shares and secondly for tax purposes are they considered CGT or income?
    Trying to make my mind up whether i should get involved in this without fully understanding the vehicle as it were.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Supercell wrote: »
    I've never dealt with warrants before, are they tradable on Degiro like shares and secondly for tax purposes are they considered CGT or income?
    Trying to make my mind up whether i should get involved in this without fully understanding the vehicle as it were.

Uncharted territory for me with DeGiro but they have assured me I would receive them, whether they can be traded is another question.

They can be traded on Interactive Broker.

A stock warrant is a financial contract between a company and investors that gives the investor the option to purchase the company's stock at a specific price and by a specific date. A stock warrant allows the holder to receive newly issued stock from the same company that provided the warrant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Textbook bear signal.

Sell sell sell!

This made me laugh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

agoodpunt wrote: »
    anyone do GGP? 2p to 28p YTD had them at 1.5 last year now average 13p think it a lot more to go IMHO

Yeah I am in them. My average is 22p, a bit late to show, but better late then never :) I had a sell limit at 30p. Cancelled it this morning. I think this month, we will see a further rise.

AmberGold wrote: »

Very helpful, I have the order, should be executed today when the market opens.

I might also mail Digero about the warrents..thanks again for your inputs..

Liamo_mu wrote: »
    Vaccine approved and I sold my cruise line stocks two days ago.

Suspect I'll regret that heavily today

Not so sure, IAG (the one I follow, but not yet invested in) spiked and then dropped into the red. Go figure.

Not so sure, IAG (the one I follow, but not yet invested in) spiked and then dropped into the red. Go figure.

Not sure about airlines unless ryanair or similar who have a fleet of 737's, short haul, single class, lowest cost base and money in the bank.
    IAG and lufthansa mix of long haul, aircraft, classes and higher costs will need to change many of these variables to operate profitably

Yeah I am in them. My average is 22p, a bit late to show, but better late then never :) I had a sell limit at 30p. Cancelled it this morning. I think this month, we will see a further rise.

Yes you can say bye bye 30 google showing highs of 29.50.
    Some regular and reliable posters on LSE are more confidently predicting x times current backed up some less questionable data

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

PLTR getting destroyed premarket on Morgan Stanley downgrade to $17, watching to see if it holds $22 (bottom of the old channel) , if that goes $20 or below is in play, glad I am watching from the sidelines this time, its very interesting though from a TA perspective.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Supercell wrote: »
    PLTR getting destroyed premarket on Morgan Stanley downgrade to $17, watching to see if it holds $22 (bottom of the old channel) , if that goes $20 or below is in play, glad I am watching from the sidelines this time, its very interesting though from a TA perspective.

It's the IPO way, lots of gains and drops in the first 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

anyone holding $CRON?

took a dip in yesterday @ $8.25

any more dips I will try pick up more

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

major raid across the markets, the big boys are positioning for 2021 and 2022 , driving down many sectors and looking to load up before xmas hols and compound their gains as vaccines roll out and some form of recovery begins in the early spring 2021. Strap in its going to be bumpy .
    Your belief in what you invested in will be tested.

Im content my portfolio is well spread across a number of sectors with long term holds , some covid plays, some cyclicals, tech sector, cloud, emerging EV, renewables and a few investment venture capital disruptor plays.

So what a year its been for trading, one for the history books, I doubt we will see the likes of it again in our lifetime.

Life isnt only about money, so looking to get back to some other interests in life and in general Im planning to worry about it all sometime in January.
    Put on a fire, grab a book, a hot chocolate and hunker down, Winter has arrived.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

RIGOLO wrote: »
    Your belief in what you invested in will be tested.

My testing continues, Fastly with a high of 87$ just three days ago and now testing the 77/78 waters again.

Edesa can't seem to hold a rally and continues to drip below 5$ - still waiting for that funding news. I am now 100% bag holding. My original buy was 8.6$

AMD is my diamond in the red today, holding strong at +3% gain.

Patience patience patience but hands are beginning to tremble.

In other news the euromillions up to 200m I'm off to buy my golden ticket, perhaps I'll have better luck there!:pac:

Advertisement