Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭all the bais

Any thoughts on the Sage Group? LON:SGE

Fell 15% 2 weeks ago on the back of increasing investment in cloud.
    https://www.proactiveinvestors.co.uk/companies/news/934496/sage-group-slides-on-plans-to-hike-investment-in-cloud-software-934496.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

UMC $7.70, over 100% return for me since July, another fantastic boards recommendation. Nice straight line drama free chart with it also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Timmaay wrote: »
    UMC $7.70, over 100% return for me since July, another fantastic boards recommendation. Nice straight line drama free chart with it also.

My roommate works for a patent law firm and UMC are selling all their patents at the moment so I had it but good rid of it, use that info as you will, they could just be going into a different area but they currently have a pick of all their patents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

agoodpunt wrote: »
    Not sure about airlines unless ryanair or similar who have a fleet of 737's, short haul, single class, lowest cost base and money in the bank.
    IAG and lufthansa mix of long haul, aircraft, classes and higher costs will need to change many of these variables to operate profitably

I went in on IAG at 104p (prior to initial vaccine announcements) and again at 145p.

My portfolio is quite small and was looking for a low cost travel related investment with potential to increase. Ryanair/easyJet were out of my price range for a reasonable sized investment. Given the airlines involved in IAG I couldn't see them going bust without governments stepping in though.

IAG has been steadily increasing but it does reflect your opinion in that any significant increase is usually followed by a drop from people cashing out (today being a good example of this).

I'm comfortably in the green with it now and think I'll look to cash out if it gets to and stays above 200. I feel IAG has a low ceiling for its max value (around 240 for the last few years) unless there's some significant changes in how they operate.

As an aside BT is another I went in at that time for 105p and is steadily increasing, at 133 now. Depending what happens with BTsport it has potential to continue increasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That lithium dog from a while back PLS is back in profit for me, cant decide whether to grab the cash and run or if another lithium bull run is on the way, think I'll leave it for now and see if it can get back up to a dollar, they did just pick up all of Altruas assets for a song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭robman60

Timmaay wrote: »

Same as, great call from the poster. I remember they said it was recommended by someone who puts huge figures into one stock at a time with a 2-3 year horizon or something - hopefully they're well up at this stage!

Had continued buying Intel between 44-47 and it's steadily climbing. The dividend is nice while I wait too.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Any thoughts on SQ the payment and point-of-sale solutions - just reading an article about them becoming a back also. Could be a very good long term hold

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

DutchYurt wrote: »
    Any thoughts on SQ the payment and point-of-sale solutions - just reading an article about them becoming a back also. Could be a very good long term hold

Be careful of competition from JpMorgan

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/10/21/jpmorgan-takes-on-square-and-paypal-with-smartphone-card-reader-faster-deposits-for-merchants.html

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

Nice sea of green going on today! Jobless numbers better than expected!

Anyone in ZScaler (ZS)? Some jump over night... didn't get in but wish I had... great cloud security (non-covid) stock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Rolls Royce flew out of the traps today like....a Rolls Royce. Sold 20% of my holding from the rights a month or 2 back, nice return on that.

Doing some analysis of my portfolio and ytd performance, not a bad oul year all things considered!

76205df3430146ca8a4a87e4e40c4064.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

What are people's thought on AirBNB?
    IPO on the 10th. Initial price supposed to be $45-50 so outside my price range but curious still.

Wonder if it will be better value to wait until early next year when the hype has died down and the more long term effect of COVID on its business is clearer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

Not buying Boeing at 200 is quite upsetting

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭outonawing

cc87 wrote: »
    IPO on the 10th. Initial price supposed to be $45-50 so outside my price range but curious still.

Maybe I'm stupid, why is it out of your price range?

Even if you can't afford to buy one share, you can now buy fractions of a share with some brokers.

outonawing wrote: »
    Been holding for awhile, any idea why GMHI jumped today?

First day trading as Luminar technologies LAZR today, nice bounce. Bought late August at $10.80, now $23+.

My best stock in percentage terms. Don't remember who mentioned it first, a big thank you. 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Sonos up 6% since I posted,

I'm thinking of getting into sbux tomorrow as a reopening play

outonawing wrote: »
    First day trading as Luminar technologies LAZR today, nice bounce. Bought late August at $10.80, now $23+.

My best stock in percentage terms. Don't remember who mentioned it first, a big thank you. 👍

Disappointing that DeGiro has price frozen at yesterday's close, at least Trading 212 has live price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Wonder if it will be better value to wait until early next year when the hype has died down and the more long term effect of COVID on its business is clearer.
    I'm very excited about it, will almost definetly be partaking in the first week. They're a huge disruptor, zero inventory, zero advertising spend. They've a masive headstart over hotels and can only see it going further that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Big day today for the cloud - Lemonade up 22%, Snowflake and Crowdstrike up 13%.

Docusign at 8% and reports after the bell. It's rare that the cloud stocks rise into results, could bring it all crashing down if it dissapoints.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭al87987

voodoo wrote: »
    Nice sea of green going on today! Jobless numbers better than expected!

Anyone in ZScaler (ZS)? Some jump over night... didn't get in but wish I had... great cloud security (non-covid) stock

I'm in Zscaler, i only started trading on revolut 3 weeks ago. Zscaler up 40% since i got it. My other two good performers are Unity and Cloudflare. A couple of bad ones too but overall up 8% so very happy.

Learned lots from this thread and just from being active in the markets.

Any thoughts on AMC? Its plummeted today on the back of Warner Bros news that they're simultaneously releasing their new movies in 2021 on HBO max? How low can it go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

It will be a god-tier dump after a good initial run. I'll start scooping when people refer to it as a dumpster fire. Exit in 3 to 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Big day today for the cloud - Lemonade up 22%, Snowflake and Crowdstrike up 13%.

Docusign at 8% and reports after the bell. It's rare that the cloud stocks rise into results, could bring it all crashing down if it dissapoints.

nice seeing lemonade popping off doing well. There's a new one that might be of interest to some insurance fans. The company is metromile - pay by the mile car insurance. https://www.metromile.com so lemonade is pet & house this one is for car insurance. I think it has a pretty large market just ipo'd a few days ago so fresh & carries risk, dig deep :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

RIGOLO wrote: »
    Markets are spooked because the dumb bint whos running the NASDAQ just announced today that going forward all boards of directors have to have one woman and one person from a minority as a member.
    The last bastion falls, the walls have been breached.
    The dumbest of dumb rules that Ive ever heard. MBAs and 30 years of business experience will count for nothing, your seat has been given to the one legged cis gender native of Vanuatu.

Im just waiting for the day they demand diversity in nature.
    All lion prides must contain one antelope. All killer whale pods must have one dolphin member. Every kettle of vultures must make room for one dove .

Come to think of it, do we have any women posting here, cmon show yourself and be dammed ... else close this thread its not fit for purpose where is the diversity.. oh yeah its in our portfolios .:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Rigolo, I enjoy your posts as much as anyone on here, don’t usually post cause I’m out of my depth and piggyback on other’s knowledge. I’ve made plenty of money out of your tips.

BUT

Can’t disagree with you more on the above. Gender quotas serve a specific purpose. Women need to be able to see women in these positions to believe that it’s achievable. Yes short term it might (or might not) overlook so more qualified men but in the long run it’ll bring 50% of the population into play.
    You often talk about your 12/14 YO daughter, you’ve obviously given her the confidence that she can be a trader or a board member or any business role.
    Not everyone has a dad that’ll do that and those girls need role models to believe it’s possible.

It’s needed. Just my 2c

Anyway back to the tips

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Roblox is another IPO soon that's definitely worth looking at, they make 0.50 per every $1.00, partnering with tencent in China also and players/devs make money on the platform. This is one of those games like fortnite that kids absolutely love and buy a lot of roblux for (there digital currency). A lot of their growth is pandemic surged but this one is like fortnite in terms of popularity, spend, they even hosted a little NasX concert on the platform that 33m people attended.

Anyone with kids ask about this game?

https://twitter.com/Bloxy_News/status/1329560752198283265

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

My average on LMND is $47, sin not to take some off the table given it goes up and down like a yo-yo!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

Green&Red wrote: »
    Rigolo, I enjoy your posts as much as anyone on here, don’t usually post cause I’m out of my depth and piggyback on other’s knowledge. I’ve made plenty of money out of your tips.

BUT

Can’t disagree with you more on the above. Gender quotas serve a specific purpose. Women need to be able to see women in these positions to believe that it’s achievable. Yes short term it might (or might not) overlook so more qualified men but in the long run it’ll bring 50% of the population into play.
    You often talk about your 12/14 YO daughter, you’ve obviously given her the confidence that she can be a trader or a board member or any business role.
    Not everyone has a dad that’ll do that and those girls need role models to believe it’s possible.

It’s needed. Just my 2c

Anyway back to the tips
    I agree with the sentiment of your post that having different perspectives in a business is needed (Mothercare) and would add something if I thought Rigolo was being serious, but the emojis at the end suggest the post is a wind-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭robman60

Shedite27 wrote: »

Lemonade is flying. Thanks to you Shedite for the tip. You mentioned it a few times so I eventually bit the bullet and added when it went sub-50. Up 35% now with another few % lost on the exchange rate.

Things have got very rosy in my portfolio in the last month. End of October I was up about 3% and now 22.50%. About the only bit of red is 4D Pharma!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Heimdallr

Heimdallr wrote: »
    really like the look of a small cap (<600m) bio company biocryst pharma (BCRX), currently under $4 and has many catalysts coming up such as PDUFA in December for berotralstat which treats hereditary angioedema. Should hear covid 19 phase 1 trial results for a drug called galidesivir, similar to remdesivir but less toxic and can be taken orally.

PDUFA came through last night. Should see a good move today. Could be some sell the news but Japanese approval due later in the month. Holding this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,605 ✭✭✭Treppen

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Roblox is another IPO soon that's definitely worth looking at, they make 0.50 per every $1.00, partnering with tencent in China also and players/devs make money on the platform. This is one of those games like fortnite that kids absolutely love and buy a lot of roblux for (there digital currency). A lot of their growth is pandemic surged but this one is like fortnite in terms of popularity, spend, they even hosted a little NasX concert on the platform that 33m people attended.

Anyone with kids ask about this game?

https://twitter.com/Bloxy_News/status/1329560752198283265

Have kids

Can confirm

Roblox is like crack cocaine

As a person who grew up when video games started I was always waiting for and upgrading to better gameplay and graphics. With Roblox the graphics are on a par with Minecraft , it has its style so will never need to change just like Lego, even the content created by users is trash but have rediculous play count . If they move into the same space that Lego and Fortnite did with pop culture crossovers then it's money all the way.

Send Robux

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭agoodpunt

GGP up 30% in 1 week

Advertisement