Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Not sure if anyone got it, has been ticking along nicely and is up nearly 20%, earnings will be out this Thursday Morning...based on Q3 guidance Revenue is supposed to be lower if it beats it expect it to pop. So hold with a tight SL.

I'm in on this, got in at 42! Lets hope for the pop.

Got out of fastly today as it tested the 100, didn't quite back it. I expect some pull back either later today or tomorrow.. lots of chatter on partnerships, acquisitions etc, will see how she goes.

My white whale Edesa continues to break to my heart hitting the 4.5 level today, 8.6 was my original buy.

Picked up some more PSTH on the dip.

Added more to my SQ position also.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭al87987

al87987 wrote: »
    Lexicon Pharmaceuticals LXRX with a 50% jump for me today. Only bought a very small bit last week and its up 70% so far.

I'm only trading less than a month and read this article today basically saying its a bad investment so not sure how to proceed. Any feedback apprectiated.
    https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.investorsobserver.com/news/stock-update/amp/how-risky-is-lexicon-pharmaceuticals-inc-lxrx-stock

120% up for me now. Citi upgraded to buy and a target price of 6 off the back of positive research results. I got in at 1.46 and it's floating around 3.30 now.

Whoever got me in on 4d pharma, you're a fecker.

Entire portfolio is green today except for them!

I think i was the original 4d pharma tip on here ....... at 60p though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Augeo wrote: »
    I think i was the original 4d pharma tip on here ....... at 60p though :pac:

Same. My initial buy of 4d was approximately 70p. I have added since. But whoever tipped this back at the start of the year would have been well up regardless of current price. 300%+ if they timed their exit at peak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

DutchYurt wrote: »
    I'm in on this, got in at 42! Lets hope for the pop.

Got out of fastly today as it tested the 100, didn't quite back it. I expect some pull back either later today or tomorrow.. lots of chatter on partnerships, acquisitions etc, will see how she goes.

My white whale Edesa continues to break to my heart hitting the 4.5 level today, 8.6 was my original buy.

Picked up some more PSTH on the dip.

Added more to my SQ position also.

Markets have reacted strangely even after excellent results off lately, so hold with a tight SL just in case.

Im not in Edsa but in INO, they won't pop until progress to next stage of trails so forget them for a while but don't add more.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

I think alot of traders are booking their profits for eoy. Collecting bonuses, meeting targets etc.. Bar a major new news item I see the next 2 weeks as a precursor to what will happen in 2021. New POTUS, new year, new vaccines. Plan to be in the right position for the start of the year , change your timeframe, the wild swings of 2020 are coming to a close.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

RIGOLO wrote: »
    I think alot of traders are booking their profits for eoy. Collecting bonuses, meeting targets etc.. Bar a major new news item I see the next 2 weeks as a precursor to what will happen in 2021. New POTUS, new year, new vaccines. Plan to be in the right position for the start of the year , change your timeframe, the wild swings of 2020 are coming to a close.

I think all the adrenalin junkies will be moving to crypto for 2021. I'm starting to gather a few more nuts in that department myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭jams100

So I'm holding a 25% loss on GAN, thinking of selling now and then possibly buying it back after the 30 days. I dont see the downside in this unless it magically rises within the 30 days.
    As it stands I'm well over the cgt limit so this would reduce my liability. Am I missing anything here?

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I've applied for IPO stock but it'll be far oversubscribed so I'm not optimistic. But yes, I will be buying AirBnB in the next month, read their S1 and a lot of analysis on this.

I love the business model, used it for years on business trips and holidays, and love the idea of it. They had huge losses with the pandemic, but got to cut a loads of staff, so once bookings came back with the less costs, they're gonna have huge profit numbers. Q3 for them was a glimpse into that, US people thought they were back to normal between waves, and the costs were cut, they had $250k profit in that quarter. When we're back up and running it'll be a monster.

Also they spend very little on advertising, everyone looking for a rental goes straight to AirBnB rather than Expedia, Google, so they might be the first ever tech company not to have to worry about paying Google and Facebook advertising money. They have very little assets as they use other peoples homes, so they're going to destroy hotels with their massive property costs. Hotels that are in a fairly goosed financial position after 2020 anyway.

Perfect brand, low costs, no assets, massive profits, no advertising to pay, yes I'm very bullish on them.

What I don't get it in IPO, I'll wait a week or two. All the tech IPO's I've followed this year have done a big V....
    Snowflake - IPO at $120; Day 1 $300; dropped to $210, now $388
    Lemonade - IPO at $29; Day 1 $90; dropped to $45, now $95
    Asana - IPO at $27; Day 1 $30; dropped to $21, now $29

I'm confident this will be a $75bn company this time next year, so would be happy to pay anything under $100 for the shares. I expect it to be $120 on Day 1, but will be under $100 by mid-Jan (hopefully)

How does one apply for an IPO stock? Is there a minimum entry level?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

bfa1509 wrote: »
    I think all the adrenalin junkies will be moving to crypto for 2021. I'm starting to gather a few more nuts in that department myself.
    I was on the wave early November made some nice gains, but should have held RIOT longer. Still I took some positions in some smaller miners ARB, HUT8, HIVE so far so good, yes maybe 2021 will be another legup for bitcoin.

Imagine if Ackman PSTH merger target is Coinbase. This would be a disruptor event and impact across many crypto companies and the whole financial sector.

disclaimer .. at this point PSTH have been linked to every conceiveable partner target including Trotters Independent Trading Co.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

How does one apply for an IPO stock? Is there a minimum entry level?
    I use Freedom24. €2k is the minimum application, but with over subscribed stock like this I'll be lucky to get €200.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

jams100 wrote: »
    So I'm holding a 25% loss on GAN, thinking of selling now and then possibly buying it back after the 30 days. I dont see the downside in this unless it magically rises within the 30 days.
    As it stands I'm well over the cgt limit so this would reduce my liability. Am I missing anything here?

I'd be tempted to keep it for a while longer, i'm in it also (-6% currently). Its converging now so might see some upside. dkng and penn also bounced yesterday so maybe the whole sector will move up. It is a bit of a laggard but might come good in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I use Freedom24. €2k is the minimum application, but with over subscribed stock like this I'll be lucky to get €200.

I've seen this site pop up a lot, are you guaranteed a certain price or does It just puts your order in quicker that other sites. How would it work for an ipo compared to Degiro?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭crushproof

iAcesHigh wrote: »
    Finally I can write a suggestion here.

$LMND - Lemonade Inc, "modern insurance company" that IPOed recently is a bigger winner so far, and I would assume will only go up.

Thanks for the tip. I pulled the trigger at $48, so delighted with the returns so far, cracked 90 this week. They seem to be on the money and are expanding iFrance so definitely one to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Disastorous December for myself.

Butchered on Providence and Lansdowne.

Slaughtered on playing Gamestop earnings but hopefully still be up 60-70% on it YTD if it consolidates around 14-15 dollars.

Overall a very successful year though, back to analysis mode for 2021 :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    I've seen this site pop up a lot, are you guaranteed a certain price or does It just puts your order in quicker that other sites. How would it work for an ipo compared to Degiro?

It gets the IPO price, so as of today it should be $60. Of course they could increase it in the next 24 hours. The big problem with the site is you’re not guaranteed any shares at all.

Degiro only allow you to buy once trading opens, I suspect ABNB will be $60 when it opens tomorrow morning, but won’t be available on Degiro or normal hours trading until about 5pm our time, by which time it’ll be $100

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭outonawing

hottipper wrote: »
    I'd be tempted to keep it for a while longer, i'm in it also (-6% currently). Its converging now so might see some upside. dkng and penn also bounced yesterday so maybe the whole sector will move up. It is a bit of a laggard but might come good in time.

Is the issuing of more shares to pay for Coolbet holding Gan's sp down at the minute?

outonawing wrote: »
    Is the issuing of more shares to pay for Coolbet holding Gan's sp down at the minute?

not sure, It hasn't really moved that much since september its just ranging in that 14-20$ area, if you waited this long may as well wait to see how it plays out.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jinish

Hi All,
    I would like to stay with the board for 2021 and will appreciate all the expertise on this /new forum.
    Started late to trading in 2020 and was a bumper ride for me. YTD return is 22%.
    Currently holds PSTH and Nio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Into the following having not held anything bar Bitcoin for over a year:

Ryanair 9.90
    Murphy Oil Corp 7.90
    BOI 1.30

Don't feel the bottom is in for any of these but have this is the start of a year or two of DCA'ing hopefully.

Took out the Ryanair profits of 68% today and ploughed it straight into Bitcoin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Took out the Ryanair profits of 68% today and ploughed it straight into Bitcoin.

Ohh, didn't take you for a gambler before Caiden Immense Porterhouse!, I do think long term it will eventually go past $20k (and likely go mental for a bit if/when that happens) but for now a pull back to $16.5K is possible. Less fomo this time mind you so maybe less extreme movements than last ath.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Supercell wrote: »
    Ohh, didn't take you for a gambler before InstaSte!, I do think long term it will eventually go past $20k (and likely go mental for a bit if/when that happens) but for now a pull back to $16.5K is possible. Less fomo this time mind you so maybe less extreme movements than last ath.

Haha 90% of my portfolio is Bitcoin now, BEP around the 10k mark atm. I've more conviction than ever now, I'm seeing a double in 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Haha 90% of my portfolio is Bitcoin now, BEP around the 10k mark atm. I've more conviction than ever now, I'm seeing a double in 2021.

No guts, no glory!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭robman60

Trading 212 giving an Airbnb availability date of December 20th...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭roosterman71

CGT question.

On DeGiro they have the interim statement for the year up to 30/11. They have 2 numbers for gains/losses. Which one is to be used for CGT?
      1. Total gross gains minus total gross losses, or
      2. Gains from the sale of Shares minus Losses from the sale of Shares?

And are those values only calculated from closed positions throughout the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭crushproof

If anyone here was lucky enough to spot this IPO of $5.75 in September then well. What a rocketing return today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

crushproof wrote: »
      If anyone here was lucky enough to spot this IPO of $5.75 in September then well. What a rocketing return today.

Heading for $80 now

Sorry make that $100

CGT question.

On DeGiro they have the interim statement for the year up to 30/11. They have 2 numbers for gains/losses. Which one is to be used for CGT?
        1. Total gross gains minus total gross losses, or
        2. Gains from the sale of Shares minus Losses from the sale of Shares?

And are those values only calculated from closed positions throughout the year?

Total gross gains less Gross losses and then you can deduct the fees and stamp duty if any.

What has spooked the markets suddenly

What has spooked the markets suddenly

not sure, nasty dumps in the last hour momentum is starting to fade across the board.

• Advertisement

hottipper wrote: »
        not sure, nasty dumps in the last hour momentum is starting to fade across the board.

Yeah 2% green in the morning to 2% red now, all my holdings...Assume after that run-up it was only a matter of time...

Advertisement