Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Heading for $80 now

Sorry make that $100

150 now...it says their 2b trial for breast cancer had a very positive result but it doesn't warrant a 2000% rise...stay away folks

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jinish

crushproof wrote: »
    If anyone here was lucky enough to spot this IPO of $5.75 in September then well. What a rocketing return today.
    Wooo.. Lottery
    Just loading up BNTX. Fda approval might cause a run.
    They are meeting tomorrow at

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

150 now...it says their 2b trial for breast cancer had a very positive result but it doesn't warrant a 2000% rise...stay away folks

I see it's at 50 now...a 100 dollar drop in an hour.
    They'll be some heavy bags some people are carrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Yeah 2% green in the morning to 2% red now, all my holdings...Assume after that run-up it was only a matter of time...

US Congress squabbling over the next round of stimulus, nothing event as far as I'm concerned. Buy the dip if you can, I got no funds left but hoor of a CGT bill due the 15th my accountant telling me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭crushproof

Bob Harris wrote: »
    I see it's at 50 now...a 100 dollar drop in an hour.
    They'll be some heavy bags some people are carrying.

Ouch. That crash is incredible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Timmaay wrote: »
    US Congress squabbling over the next round of stimulus, nothing event as far as I'm concerned. Buy the dip if you can, I got no funds left but hoor of a CGT bill due the 15th my accountant telling me

I think if you want to sell for a tax loss now is the time, I was 3% up overall on my portfolio and now -5% tough swing today. and Edesa ****bag Biotech continues tank. It'll be testing $4 resistance next. It's fine though because I absolutely love losing money on canadian stocks, its my fetish apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭testtech05

DutchYurt wrote: »
    I think if you want to sell for a tax loss now is the time, I was 3% up overall on my portfolio and now -5% tough swing today. and Edesa ****bag Biotech continues tank. It'll be testing $4 resistance next. It's fine though because I absolutely love losing money on canadian stocks, its my fetish apparently.

I've been holding on in the hope of some turn around on this one is there any hope for it at all? Considering just taking the loss at this stage....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

crushproof wrote: »
    If anyone here was lucky enough to spot this IPO of $5.75 in September then well. What a rocketing return today.

Some rollercoaster day, opened at $16, reached $158, closed at $57 and now around $80 in after hours. Seemed to spend much of the day suspended. Money made and lost.

testtech05 wrote: »
    I've been holding on in the hope of some turn around on this one is there any hope for it at all? Considering just taking the loss at this stage....

Their PR is absolutely brutal which doesn't help, there was alot of insider buys a few months back and also a hedge fund bought 1million worth of shares for an average of 8.7$ a share. The vaccine news isn't good for the share price but if EBO05 is successful itll be used for covid patients who cant get the vaccine.

I'm concerned with the rate of enrollment, I mean there are how many 1000s of people being diagnosed a day in the US, they need to step up their game.

Long term I see EB01 being a great product if approved also. But short term, more pain. I got in at 8.6 currently at 4.3.. so yeah im bag holding a months salary. Not great but I live in hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

DutchYurt wrote: »
    Their PR is absolutely brutal which doesn't help, there was alot of insider buys a few months back and also a hedge fund bought 1million worth of shares for an average of 8.7$ a share. The vaccine news isn't good for the share price but if EBO05 is successful itll be used for covid patients who cant get the vaccine.

I'm concerned with the rate of enrollment, I mean there are how many 1000s of people being diagnosed a day in the US, they need to step up their game.

Long term I see EB01 being a great product if approved also. But short term, more pain. I got in at 8.6 currently at 4.3.. so yeah im bag holding a months salary. Not great but I live in hope.

Is the pending catalyst not funding news?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭butrasgali

Thinking of buying into roblox, when they float..I'm not sure how its done on degiro..can anyone explain what I should do please..thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

butrasgali wrote: »
    Thinking of buying into roblox, when they float..I'm not sure how its done on degiro..can anyone explain what I should do please..thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlIi--8MXPE&ab_channel=DEGIRO
    Watch that first & always choose limit orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

Mindmed is now a 370% return in 2 months
    Its gone parabolic hope somebody else took the trade also.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭outonawing

butrasgali wrote: »

Don't think you can participate in the IPO through DeGiro.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

outonawing wrote: »
    Don't think you can participate in the IPO through DeGiro.

Not sure what the attached means, if your orders would be part of the ipo or on the market after the fact

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

ganmo wrote: »
    Not sure what the attached means, if your orders would be part of the ipo or on the market after the fact

So we wait until 14:30 then we can place orders?

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭new2tri19

Why is Boeing a complex share on Degiro? Had to pass a test before been allowed to buy it . Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭outonawing

Valhallapt wrote: »

May be later in the day.

AmberGold wrote: »
    Is the pending catalyst not funding news?

Yep, also that! There's a multitude of pending catalysts you could say. Just hope one breaks sooner rather than later!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

RIGOLO wrote: »
    A company I had looked into BraveHeartHoldings BRH , investment vehicle own some RMS, so I picked up some BRH to hold. They seem to be good activist investors so I will let them do the work and ride their profits. They are into Gyrometric, RMS and Pharm2Pharm. Could these be profitable companies, perhaps , but if its in BRH interest to make them turn a buck then I can benefit.
    Anyone familiar with these or playing them ... ?

Shortly after buying in BRH announced a special dividend of 42p :D per share last month, and goes ex dividend today , price holding up well only dropped 33p , so gains are holding , still well ahead and dividend payout in January, will make up for some paper losses on RMS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

CD Projekt Red - Warsaw Stock Exchange available at a discount of 8% today based on release day jitters of their new game Cyberpunk 2077.

Cyberpunk 2077 is going to break all gaming record known to man.

Stock should get back to year high of 440zl, from 365zl, now in the next couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

new2tri19 wrote: »
    Why is Boeing a complex share on Degiro? Had to pass a test before been allowed to buy it . Any ideas?

Same went to buy a stock I bought previously and now asked to pass a test, makes me want to run away!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,605 ✭✭✭Treppen

Their ticker has popped up on revolut if that's any help!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jinish

FDA is meeting now to assess BNTX. More than likely they will get approval.
    There are lot of news and catalyst for this script. I wonder why its still hammered? Whereas MRNa is flying high even before the approval.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Treppen wrote: »
    Their ticker has popped up on revolut if that's any help!

I’ve placed orders at 74.80, which was the highest I was allowed to go, I think I’ll open over the 80 mark... not long to wait

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I’ve placed orders at 74.80, which was the highest I was allowed to go, I think I’ll open over the 80 mark... not long to wait
    It won't trade till about 5pm Irish time

My €2k order in the IPO netted me.... 1 AirBnB share

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Thelonious

Shedite27 wrote: »
    My €2k order in the IPO netted me.... 1 AirBnB share

How did you go about the process of applying for the IPO?
    Nice analysis on the airbnb IPO btw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Folks before buying into IPO stocks...check this article about Doordash, there's a lot of FOMO...I understand AirBnB are a totally different kettle of fish...wait a week or two post IPO for the price to settle...

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/door-dash-ipo-is-most-ridiculous-of-2020-and-holds-no-value-analyst-125054305.html

It seems market sentiment is weak today...premarket everything red...

Ciena result out, matching the consensus...

Asana beats expectations, looks like its going to fly.

• Advertisement

Thelonious wrote: »
    How did you go about the process of applying for the IPO?
    Nice analysis on the airbnb IPO btw
    Online brokerage called Freedom24 that allows you to apply for IPO shares (though as seen, not get many when it's oversubscribed)

Advertisement