Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

AirBnB currently opening at $149

• Registered Users Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭positron

It's all bit unreal isn't it? How all the tech IPOs are going thru the roof?

Doordash IPO'ed yesterday and nearly doubled as well: https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/DASH?p=DASH

I am old enough to remember the dot com bubble that burst in 2000. Are we heading into another in not too distant future?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,605 ✭✭✭Treppen

Shedite27 wrote: »

I fold.
    Goodnight and good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Treppen wrote: »
    I fold.
    Goodnight and good luck.

This made me laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Shedite27 wrote: »

Bananas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

Treppen wrote: »
    I fold.
    Goodnight and good luck.

Keep your money and wait for the dump.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 culchie_abroad

For anyone that's interested I've finished my initial share purchases, total of 5k USD. My positions so far:

PSTH - 60% @ avg of 25.72
    PLTR - 10% @ avg of 21.06
    DFKG - 10% @ avg of 48.25

The rest is split on small holdings of BA, TSLA, NIO, SABR, BETZ & UBER (which I'm not planning to add to - unless there's a massive dip in maybe BA or TSLA).

Starting in January, depending on how it goes I'll add 500 a month in VOO (or BETZ, or ARKK).

I'm also aiming to add ABNB in 2021 and buy dips in the individual stocks I hold. I wouldn't minding add some Cannabis stocks if anyone recommends one? Aphria maybe?

Plan is to hold at least 5 years, no selling. If any of the sharks around here have any advice to add it'd be welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭crushproof

150 on Degiro for Airbnb. What is going on!

Just watch the inevitable bleed over the next couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

For anyone that's interested I've finished my initial share purchases, total of 5k USD. My positions so far:

PSTH - 60% @ avg of 25.72
    PLTR - 10% @ avg of 21.06
    DFKG - 10% @ avg of 48.25

The rest is split on small holdings of BA, TSLA, NIO, SABR, BETZ & UBER (which I'm not planning to add to - unless there's a massive dip in maybe BA or TSLA).

Starting in January, depending on how it goes I'll add 500 a month in VOO (or BETZ, or ARKK).

I'm also aiming to add ABNB in 2021 and buy dips in the individual stocks I hold. I wouldn't minding add some Cannabis stocks if anyone recommends one? Aphria maybe?

Plan is to hold at least 5 years, no selling. If any of the sharks around here have any advice to add it'd be welcome :)

Can you buy the ark invest EFTs in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

If you have had a look at Instagram / TicTok recently, lots of young people posting about how to get rich quick and they talk about investing in tech companies as one of the key ways. They are surely influencing a much younger generation to invest compared with 10+ years ago. It's also much easier to trade (Degiro) compared to when you had to go through a broker.

Lots of prices just don't make sense currently when you look at the traditional methods of measuring value. People seem to be investing in the tech stocks because of the brand perception more-so than anything!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭crushproof

sternn wrote: »
    If you have had a look at Instagram / TicTok recently, lots of young people posting about how to get rich quick and they talk about investing in tech companies as one of the key ways. They are surely influencing a much younger generation to invest compared with 10+ years ago. It's also much easier to trade (Degiro) compared to when you had to go through a broker.

Lots of prices just don't make sense currently when you look at the traditional methods of measuring value. People seem to be investing in the tech stocks because of the brand perception more-so than anything!

I think also it's a case of no real alternatives in terms of where to put money. Saving interest rates are brutal right now so a lot of folk are looking at the gains that can be made in the markets and therefore having a punt. Multiple that by millions and it's clear to see where all this money in the market is coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭jams100

crushproof wrote: »
    I think also it's a case of no real alternatives in terms of where to put money. Saving interest rates are brutal right now so a lot of folk are looking at the gains that can be made in the markets and therefore having a punt. Multiple that by millions and it's clear to see where all this money in the market is coming from.

This is exactly the problem.

Just got a letter from the credit union today. No dividend for 2020. None. Zero. Nothing!

This non existent return on saving is probably going to get worse not better over the next 12+ months too.

Time to take out whats left and see what I can do with it

• Registered Users Posts: 16 culchie_abroad

Timmaay wrote: »

I don't know tbh, I'm US based and in the Robinhood gang

https://ark-funds.com/wp-content/fundsiteliterature/holdings/ARK_INNOVATION_ETF_ARKK_HOLDINGS.pdf

Their holdings are listed here in case you would like to pick top 5-10 and do your own "ARKK"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

sternn wrote: »

Market needs a big dose of reality leading to the inevitable clear out. P/E ratios are gone plain silly for many

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

jams100 wrote: »
    This non existent return on saving is probably going to get worse not better over the next 12+ months too.
    Yep, the interest rates can't keep up with inflation as it is. The governments are printing money like its going out of fashion. Having some precious metals wouldn't be a bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Timmaay wrote: »
    I don't think so. You could just buy shares in the individuals companies and put them into a pie. Trading 212 is good for that.

testtech05 wrote: »
    I've been holding on in the hope of some turn around on this one is there any hope for it at all? Considering just taking the loss at this stage....
    AmberGold wrote: »
    Is the pending catalyst not funding news?

Zacks upgraded its valuation to $15 dollars so it's gone up 22% I nearly **** myself when I opened my Degiro

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JoeBagga

VSTM has done very well since November

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

DutchYurt wrote: »
    Zacks upgraded its valuation to $15 dollars so it's gone up 22% I nearly **** myself when I opened my Degiro

I've been holding a 1000 in the red for a good while...

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Thelonious

Here is a way to play the Airbnb IPO without having to buy the overvalued stock. I got this one from some of the good people on finance twitter.

Expedia own a company called Vrbo. It does the same thing as Airbnb. I was looking and it has about 1/6th the number of listings as airbnb does. So assume it's roughly 1/6th the revenue of Airbnb. But It's only a small part of Expedia
    So the value of that part of expedia will soon be valued against it's competitor airbnb. I reckon there is really big upside on this without much risk to thee downside. Expedia should tear upwards on the strength of airbnb's high valuation.
    It's not actually my idea , i robbed it off an analyst.
    And airbnb market cap is 103bn whereas expedia is only 18bn !!
    The options activity for EXPE is already looking bullish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Anyone here have the liathroidi to short Tesla Stocks? :D
    Looks like Michael Burry did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g42EMG_9Dw

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

AmberGold wrote: »
    I've been holding a 1000 in the red for a good while...

Same man, I slipped into 3k in the red. today was delightful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Looks like the war has begun to break up Facebook.

Will be worth watching stock price. Surely be some volatility on the cards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Wombatman wrote: »
    CD Projekt Red - Warsaw Stock Exchange available at a discount of 8% today based on release day jitters of their new game Cyberpunk 2077.

Cyberpunk 2077 is going to break all gaming record known to man.

Stock should get back to year high of 440zl, from 365zl, now in the next couple of months.

I think it will be a very slow burn for 2077.

It sounds like it won't/doesn't run well on current gen consoles and needs PS5/xbox series x. Without the console market it's not going to have the big bump on stock price it might otherwise. It's also had a very buggy launch when will again delay it's effect.

Having said that, if they get the multiplayer aspect that's rumoured for late 2021/2022 it could be the same as GTA V and be a big earner for years to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Looks like the war has begun to break up Facebook.

Will be worth watching stock price. Surely be some volatility on the cards

What tends to happen here stock price wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Anyone here have the liathroidi to short Tesla Stocks? :D
    Looks like Michael Burry did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g42EMG_9Dw

Long. How are those low hanging liaroidi feeling, now?

The funds have to buy....supply/demand up she goes,... €700

• Registered Users Posts: 4,605 ✭✭✭Treppen

Thelonious wrote: »
    Here is a way to play the Airbnb IPO without having to buy the overvalued stock. I got this one from some of the good people on finance twitter.

Expedia own a company called Vrbo. It does the same thing as Airbnb. I was looking and it has about 1/6th the number of listings as airbnb does. So assume it's roughly 1/6th the revenue of Airbnb. But It's only a small part of Expedia
    So the value of that part of expedia will soon be valued against it's competitor airbnb. I reckon there is really big upside on this without much risk to thee downside. Expedia should tear upwards on the strength of airbnb's high valuation.
    It's not actually my idea , i robbed it off an analyst.
    And airbnb market cap is 103bn whereas expedia is only 18bn !!
    The options activity for EXPE is already looking bullish.

Good point, I know a few people who used VRBO before AirBnb was a thing.

Do they have anything different to offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

I really want to buy RBLX , but I tried to buy ABNB via DEGIRO and it just went crazy before the opening trade. How can I get on the RBLX ipo before it hits the opening market?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Disney+ announced 10 new Star Wars & Marvel projects for the next decade.
    Price already at $154, valuing the company at $280bn. Plenty of room for more growth.

• Advertisement

retalivity wrote: »
    Disney+ announced 10 new Star Wars & Marvel projects for the next decade.
    Price already at $154, valuing the company at $280bn. Plenty of room for more growth.

I'd love to see Disney plus going into a partnership with Netflix or Prime

Advertisement