Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Those of you who are super bullish on Airbnb, are you worried about how much the company is affected by outside forces? Lots of places introduced strict laws about who can and can't rent out their house, business licences needed, laws about the number of days rented per year etc. and the general sentiment is that Airbnb harms the rental market and always seems to face a tonne of kickback from local governments.

As a consumer, it's one of my favourite companies ever but I'm wary of putting my investing money in something that can have laws suddenly passed somewhere that could negatively affect the share price. I guess that could work both ways but laws seem to be tightening rather than loosening. I usually like high upside companies, I just think their ceiling is capped slightly. Am I being too conservative here?
    Any disruptor gets negative press. Amazon isn't good for shopping centres, Uber isn't good for Taxis, I can't see many places outlawing short term rentals when it's needed. It allows for tourism - outlawing them just gives Hotels more power tor aise prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

outonawing wrote: »
      Picked up a few shares at $13 in the SPAC dMY Technology Group 2 Inc today.

DMYD not to be confused with DMYT, is due to merge with Genius Sports Group in the first quarter of next year. GSG supplies data on sports events to betting operators in what should be an expanding market in the US in the coming years.

Really like this spac, good thread here on it https://twitter.com/spacanpanman/status/1337973682556313600

Also like

bft -> paysafe
      INAQ -> metromile
      Advent https://www.advent.energy/automotive/

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

Atlas_IRL wrote: »

Really like this spac, good thread here on it https://twitter.com/spacanpanman/status/1337973682556313600

Also like

bft -> paysafe
        INAQ -> metromile

metromile should do well. Will check out those others thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,605 ✭✭✭Treppen

Wombatman wrote: »

Apparently it works well on the much maligned Google Stadia, so Google are giving away free controller and Chromecast with every purchase of CP2077 !

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Treppen wrote: »
        Apparently it works well on the much maligned Google Stadia, so Google are giving away free controller and Chromecast with every purchase of CP2077 !

Is there a monthly fee for stadia or just one off purchases?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Is there a monthly fee for stadia or just one off purchases?

You can subscribe for 9.99£ and have a selection of games included for that. AAA titles can be purchased from the store separately. You can do this with or without the subscription.

Stadia is actually a decent piece of kit. I received a free one but had just pre ordered a PS5. I'm playing Cyberpunk on it now, but if I didn't have that option the Stadia would be very tempting. I think it's pretty much the best version of the game available if you don't have a high end PC/PS5/Xbox Series X. I'll be interested to see if it catches on. It would suit the semi casual gamer as you can play high end titles without an expensive outlay on hardware. Also saves a lot of space. It hasn't caught on yet but Cyberpunk could be it's 'killer app'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

weemcd wrote: »
        You can subscribe for 9.99£ and have a selection of games included for that. AAA titles can be purchased from the store separately. You can do this with or without the subscription.

Stadia is actually a decent piece of kit. I received a free one but had just pre ordered a PS5. I'm playing Cyberpunk on it now, but if I didn't have that option the Stadia would be very tempting. I think it's pretty much the best version of the game available if you don't have a high end PC/PS5/Xbox Series X. I'll be interested to see if it catches on. It would suit the semi casual gamer as you can play high end titles without an expensive outlay on hardware. Also saves a lot of space. It hasn't caught on yet but Cyberpunk could be it's 'killer app'.

Totally off topic but can you buy games via the app on your phone using phone credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Totally off topic but can you buy games via the app on your phone using phone credit?

Good question. I can't answer I'm afraid. I think it would be similar to any Google app purchase? So for example if you can buy a app/film/tv show this way I'd imagine it would be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

What are peoples thoughts on NIO and the offering of new shares? Think this will dramatically affect the SP?

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/12/11/why-nio-stock-is-down-today/

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭outonawing

Atlas_IRL wrote: »

Also like

bft -> paysafe
          INAQ -> metromile

Thanks for the link, anpanman is really positive about DMYD's prospects.

Will check out the other two 👍

outonawing wrote: »
          Thanks for the link, anpanman is really positive about DMYD's prospects.

Will check out the other two ��

I haven't looked into metromile that much but its disruptive for the auto insurance industry which of course is huge in the states especially with corona when people are not driving there cars much.

Paysafe have great revenue, you will see the cards in every shop. Kids buy it to pay for game credit.
          below infographic is prob not a great comparison of the business models but you can see the revenue difference.

EozS4rhXIAAJ086?format=jpg&name=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭howiya

Shedite27 wrote: »
          Redfin (RDFN) is a real estate company in US.

This one going well the last few days. You still in?

I bought around 42 and sold mid 50s before it fell back. Bought again at 48

Something happening in the mushroom world

MIND MEDICINE (MINDMED) ticker BGHM has increased 60% since last wednesday. 400% in the last month..

News broke today of the successful completion of a Pre-IND Meeting with the FDA. One to watch for sure.

Compass pathways I mentioned a few weeks back was mid thirties and now sitting pretty at 57!

Waiting for robinhood investors to get a wiff of this and drive it up even more!

DutchYurt wrote: »
          Something happening in the mushroom world

MIND MEDICINE (MINDMED) ticket BGHM has increased 60% since last wednesday. 400% in the last month..

News broke today of the successful completion of a Pre-IND Meeting with the FDA. One to watch for sure.

Compass pathways I mentioned a few weeks back was mid thirties and now sitting pretty at 57!

Waiting for robinhood investors to get a wiff of this and drive it up even more!

+600% currently on mindmed - one of my better pennys :)

hottipper wrote: »
          +600% currently on mindmed - one of my better pennys :)

And I thought I was early! What a return!!

howiya wrote: »
          This one going well the last few days. You still in?

I bought around 42 and sold mid 50s before it fell back. Bought again at 48
          Yeah still in, had a big pullback in October but has gathered steam again now. I've read a lot of people's reviews of the company and growth trajectory, hoping it'll be a long hold for myself. Bought at 40 and happy to just forget about it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭howiya

Shedite27 wrote: »
          Yeah still in, had a big pullback in October but has gathered steam again now. I've read a lot of people's reviews of the company and growth trajectory, hoping it'll be a long hold for myself. Bought at 40 and happy to just forget about it

Thanks for the tip. First time I bought was based on your first post.

Sold to take profit first time round and invest elsewhere which didn't materialise for me but still liked it so bought back in at 48 during the pullback. Could have got a better re-entry point but happy to hold it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

ABNB down to mid 120's could easily go down to double digits...

Markets not holding to gains, lot of selling pressure...probably as Rigolo noted people closing their positions before the holidays....

ABNB down to mid 120's could easily go down to double digits...

Markets not holding to gains, lot of selling pressure...probably as Rigolo noted people closing their positions before the holidays....
          There's likely to be a big selloff in the market later in this week to adapt to some rebalances. Tesla joins the S&P Friday, so they reckon there's about $80b that needs to be sold elsewhere to make room for that in tracker funds. There's a few other popular ETF's that have big additions due too (ABNB and DASH to the IPO EFT also)

• Advertisement

Zoox doing a live reveal now, expected to announce they are using Velodyne hopefully.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r7PEl0tMSk

• Registered Users Posts: 16 culchie_abroad

I'm just after taking a small punt (500 to get 173 shares) on UUUU (Energy Fuels). They're a company specializing in uranium mining development.

Uranium stocks have picked up in the last few months on the back of some proposed legislation to try and create a US national strategic reserve.

Longer term however, reserves are low as Fukushima disaster shut down a lot of mines creating a lack of supply along with the green agenda + newer smaller reactors which are being created for other uses. Also India and China building a lot of plants, even if they're closing in Europe.

There was a bubble market in 2007, where Energy fuels was worth 230$ a share, it's currently trading at about 3$. It might be a slow burner to keep an eye on.

The downside is that if we have another Chernobyl/Fukushima, the stock will be worth absolutely nothing.

I've decided to double down on this after doing some more research. I've bought 250$ more of UUUU and I've added 250$ of CCJ for a total of 1k.

On another note I'm going to have to lock myself out of Robinhood, every time I look at it I'm tempted to buy more stock, it's more addictive than tinder. And possibly a good reason to invest once Robinhood IPOs.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Jin luk

Would pharmaceuticals be a good buy for the long term thinking of investing a bit into a few companies?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Jin luk wrote: »
          Would pharmaceuticals be a good buy for the long term thinking of investing a bit into a few companies?

Personally I think they are. The likes of J&J, Pfizer and Bristol Myers should all do well long term and a pay a decent dividend too.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭pitrn

MINDMED is a 3 euro share on frankfurt stock exchange..Is this the stock that's being discussed?

pitrn wrote: »
          MINDMED is a 3 euro share on frankfurt stock exchange..Is this the stock that's being discussed?

Yep thats the one I have - might have a few other tickers not sure, 7e fee with degiro so don't buy small amounts haha

pitrn wrote: »

Just be very careful trying to chase stocks like that. You will get your ass handed to you at some stage no matter what the news is. It could drop 40% tomorrow and still be in an uptrend. Need to get in on penny's at the bottom or a clear reversal.
          https://ibb.co/dfCBCPR Its not something id take on now

hottipper wrote: »
          Just be very careful trying to chase stocks like that. You will get your ass handed to you at some stage no matter what the news is. It could drop 40% tomorrow and still be in an uptrend. Need to get in on penny's at the bottom or a clear reversal.
          https://ibb.co/dfCBCPR Its not something id take on now

Since I posted it dropped 12% but still up 18% perfect example however!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Anyone having issues with lodgements with Degiro?

I lodged funds on the 3rd and they're still not in the account. I emailed them but just got the standard 'we are experiencing high volumes etc'

• Advertisement
        • Registered Users Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Are you using the new IBAN? (account should be in your own name rather than Degiro). If it's the old one, then your money will eventually get bounced back.

Advertisement