Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Coil Kilcrea

Would markets not have factored this in?

Fear is the worst virus of all and totally indiscriminate in its consequences.

Wouldn’t cheap oil reduce the interest in clean energy?

Absolutely, which might be part of the overall plan and bankrupt some competition while you’re at it. The phone lines will be white hot trying to contain the oil crisis.

Supercell wrote: »
    If you have balls of steel, probably some in here could be big winners in time - https://seekingalpha.com/article/4330867-42-s-and-p-500-stocks-down-50-from-52-week-high

Interesting list if not entirely unexpected. A few might be worth a nibble but you’ll need to wait for a while. I fear Under Armour has structural issues with its business that go beyond the market volatility.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

market is seriously damaged , every rally is now aggressively sold

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    market is seriously damaged , every rally is now aggressively sold

Dips being bought too. Really is a major battle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

AIM Immunotech 40 percent down today while many others seem to have stabilised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭robman60

I'm thinking of getting a chunk of a FTSE 100 tracker etf. Have not had these before so can anyone advise whether I should prefer ishares or vanguard? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭antimatterx

robman60 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting a chunk of a FTSE 100 tracker etf. Have not had these before so can anyone advise whether I should prefer ishares or vanguard? Thanks.

Deemed disposable ****s you hard

I'm living in the UK for the foreseeable so I'll have it all in a stocks and shares ISA (tax free)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭antimatterx

robman60 wrote: »
    I'm living in the UK for the foreseeable so I'll have it all in a stocks and shares ISA (tax free)

You lucky man!

• Advertisement

You lucky man!

So with that in mind, any insight?? :pac:

Why not open a spread bet account?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ush1 wrote: »
    AIM Immunotech 40 percent down today while many others seem to have stabilised.
    Was not expecting that tbh, Id say some serious amount of amateurs getting burned there at cryptocurrency levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

What spread betting operators are still running in Ireland? Only ones I could find are cfds instead.

Timmaay wrote: »
    What spread betting operators are still running in Ireland? Only ones I could find are cfds instead.

IG

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

an even better way to loose money then the markets

neris wrote: »
    an even better way to loose money then the markets

Not at all. Same risks. Just use guaranteed positions and proper leverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

BA down 10%

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Wombatman wrote: »
    BA down 10%

BA is a trainwreck at the moment, I'd like to use other words to describe my feelings...

In time they will recover as will all else, too big to fail.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭themossinator

Boeing is so beaten down at the moment, 55% off its highs. Not to say it can't keep dropping but one to keep an eye on for sure, would start to get interested around 175 area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

So after reading today's virus numbers from Italy and seeing how the Americans are still seemingly more concerned about Sanders et al, I capitulated and sold all.
    Its painful, damn painful but I dont think its struck home in the US market how bad this is going to get over there. They just see the numbers out of Asia and think that's going to be them too.
    Well, my wife is from China and I can tell you there is no way in hell any western country can do what the Chinese did and continue to do to control it based on the stories she is telling me the folk back home have told her, just look at Italy.
    America is going to be Italy on steroids.
    Hope I'm wrong, hope I'm right, sick to my stomach on all accounts.
    Fcuk this virus :(

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

I just added more positions on today’s dip

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Kamu

I just added more positions on today’s dip

What were you keeping an eye on? I'm waiting for Disney to (possibly) drop below 100

At&t around 30.

Possibly BA as well.

Kamu wrote: »
    What were you keeping an eye on? I'm waiting for Disney to (possibly) drop below 100

At&t around 30.

Possibly BA as well.

Added more to jd and baba holdings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

No one buying inverse etfs tracking the S&P?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

BA down 15% has to be a good long term bet IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Boeing is so beaten down at the moment, 55% off its highs. Not to say it can't keep dropping but one to keep an eye on for sure, would start to get interested around 175 area

Boeing is headed for $100 if the Dow closes in a bear market, its in one now but needs to close down 20%

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Pinsnbushings

Not at all. Same risks. Just use guaranteed positions and proper leverage.

Maybe stupid question how long can you hold a position spread betting, do you have to close each day..? How would 1 know a guaranteed position in the current climate.. Pure novice here who got burned doing silly things today on cmc markets.. Ha live and learn

BA down 15% has to be a good long term bet IMO.

I tend to agree but further to fall I fear until we have line of sight on killing this virus.

• Advertisement

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Boeing is headed for $100 if the Dow closes in a bear market, its in one now but needs to close down 20%

I think Boeing is best avoided for a while given the toxic issues and costs associated with your namesake, the 737 Max. The list of issues gets longer and longer not to mention passenger resistance.

Advertisement