Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

beertons wrote: »
    PLS down near 20% today. Killer, as there have been good gains the past few weeks.

Due to their takeover of Altura and the share entitlement offer for holders.
    It's looking very promising for Pilbara, the contracts they've signed with Posco etc and the overall move towards electric could see this take off.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,933 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yeah feeling good about them now, might even take up my entitlement if Degiro let me, even though I swore never to give another cent to dodgy ASX endless dilution scumbag management. It was only down about 8% btw, there was massive buying at the end.

Thargor wrote: »
    Yeah feeling good about them now, might even take up my entitlement if Degiro let me, even though I swore never to give another cent to dodgy ASX endless dilution scumbag management. It was only down about 8% btw, there was massive buying at the end.

I'd take up the offer myself but you need to have an Australian or NZ address

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

I bought them on the Frankfurt exchange through degiro. At the time I think it was just for similar trading hours. Long time holder now so hoping things pick up next year. The entitlement shares are listed on my degiro already. 1 for 7.6 approx. I think they become available to purchase in a couple of weeks.

I'd take up the offer myself but you need to have an Australian or NZ address
    We thought that about the free Tawana shares aswell when they said that was the rule but it turned out Degiro and other brokers had Australian addresses for trading on the ASX anyway so we still qualified, Id say the same will apply here.

• Advertisement

UsBus wrote: »
    I bought them on the Frankfurt exchange through degiro. At the time I think it was just for similar trading hours. Long time holder now so hoping things pick up next year. The entitlement shares are listed on my degiro already. 1 for 7.6 approx. I think they become available to purchase in a couple of weeks.
    Oh yeah I see mine aswell, nice thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Mindmed back to 3.28, no surprise there, is it too soon to get into if all the momentum killed? Great day for solar/renewable stocks, and bitcoin, man why did I stop dollar averaging into it lol.

We thought that about the free Tawana shares aswell when they said that was the rule but it turned out Degiro and other brokers had Australian addresses for trading on the ASX anyway so we still qualified, Id say the same will apply here.

Nice one, will buy a few more so and average down. Looks like Lithium has bottomed out so onwards and upwards

1. Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Timmaay wrote: »
      Mindmed back to 3.28, no surprise there, is it too soon to get into if all the momentum killed? Great day for solar/renewable stocks, and bitcoin, man why did I stop dollar averaging into it lol.

I bought into bitcoin last week through an etf on the Xetra. The fund is physically backed by bitcoin and comes with a 2% management fee. Deliberated a few too many months it seems but I feel in 5/10 years $20k will seem cheap.

2. Registered Users Posts: 17,933 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Its not that hard to buy the coins yourself and avoid that fee tbh, 2% is horrible.

3. Advertisement
    4. Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Bob Harris wrote: »
      I bought into bitcoin last week through an etf on the Xetra. The fund is physically backed by bitcoin and comes with a 2% management fee. Deliberated a few too many months it seems but I feel in 5/10 years $20k will seem cheap.

Get yourself a hardware wallet and buy bitcoin for yourself instead of paying the management fee

5. Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

cronos wrote: »
      Why is that news? How much did he make? Is it just because the trades were free? It's not hard to make trades, it's hard to make money and avoid fees.
      Its news becuase he's trading 15 times an hour for the past 6 months. Nobody's supposed to be doing that much. That's gambling addict behaviour

6. Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

I have coinbase set up but the account is still under review, It's taking an age, about two weeks and still not operative.

7. Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Out of curiosity, how are people pronouncing Tontine?

8. Registered Users Posts: 17,933 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Out of curiosity, how are people pronouncing Tontine?
      I always went with The Simpsons pronunciation:

9. Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

I have coinbase set up but the account is still under review, It's taking an age, about two weeks and still not operative.

Binance, Kraken and Bitstamp would be better options. Binance has the lowest fees. Just don't leave your tokens on an exchange. Pick yourself up a hardware wallet and self custody.

10. Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Received notification from degiro this morning! thanks as if I needed reminding.

“ Hereby we want to inform you that the below mentioned product(s) have been depreciated by a minimum of 10% from its initial value `

11. Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Received notification from degiro this morning! thanks as if I needed reminding.

“ Hereby we want to inform you that the below mentioned product(s) have been depreciated by a minimum of 10% from its initial value `

Hate that, woke up to many an email like that in March. Soul destroying!

12. Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Didn't used to take too long, wonder if they're getting slammed for new customers like Degiro were earlier this year. Can only mean one thing for the price

13. Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

You need to stop those notifications. They're not good for ya

14. Advertisement
    15. Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Shedite27 wrote: »
      Didn't used to take too long, wonder if they're getting slammed for new customers like Degiro were earlier this year. Can only mean one thing for the price

yeah, that's what I was thinking. I don't think it's an issue with the documentation just simply them getting to it due to volume. I see the price is still going ballistic this morning. With bigger funds and institutions making big buys to hold this could become very scarce very quickly.

16. Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

RIGOLO wrote: »
      I was on the wave early November made some nice gains, but should have held RIOT longer. Still I took some positions in some smaller miners ARB, HUT8, HIVE so far so good, yes maybe 2021 will be another legup for bitcoin.

Imagine if Ackman PSTH merger target is Coinbase. This would be a disruptor event and impact across many crypto companies and the whole financial sector.

disclaimer .. at this point PSTH have been linked to every conceiveable partner target including Trotters Independent Trading Co.

ARB + 48%
      HIVE + 70%
      HUT8 + 16%
      and I swung back into MARA last week , sold out +80% yesterday ..
      Dont forget to take profits .

I had planned some downtime and was positioning these btc plays for next years pop, expecting a quite period, but with BTC on a tear looks like its back to watching the portfolio.

17. Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Folks, have been thinking of investing a little every month in bit-coin (I know very late to party), would Revolut be a good route and can you withdraw from revolut to wallet or opening a cryto account with Coinbase/Binance etc good option.

18. Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Folks, have been thinking of investing a little every month in bit-coin (I know very late to party), would Revolut be a good route and can you withdraw from revolut to wallet or opening a cryto account with Coinbase/Binance etc good option.

Sign up to any exchange, buy a hardware wallet and transfer your holding to it

19. Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭p to the e

Ah I remember my first one of them.

20. Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

https://touch.boards.ie/forum/1814

21. Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Sign up to any exchange, buy a hardware wallet and transfer your holding to it

Welcome to the club, its like a sack tap.

22. Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭Treppen

p to the e wrote: »
      Ah I remember my first one of them.

First of many for me. It's like when I was a teenager and the ma telling me to tidy my room.... 1 year later.... Just holding out of spite now

23. Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Revolut ends up about 5% charge to buy in my experience. Coinbase much cheaper and better functionality. Worth the extra signup effort IMO. I'll send ya a referral code and we both get $10 Bitcoin to get ya started.

24. Advertisement
    25. Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Sold the last of my crypto today. Wouldn't be rushing in to buy at ATHs. I'll be back after the next substantial crash correction.

P.S. Paypal is a beast of a stock.

Advertisement