Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Cpfm

Wombatman wrote: »
    Sold the last of my crypto today. Wouldn't be rushing in to buy at ATHs. I'll be back after the next substantial crash correction.

P.S. Paypal is a beast of a stock.

what do you mean by a beast? is that a positive or a negative? I have it and its been climbing pretty steady... that what u mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Sold the last of my crypto today. Wouldn't be rushing in to buy at ATHs. I'll be back after the next substantial crash correction.

Are you basing that on what happened in 2017 or on some other factors?

I think with the amount of companies/pension funds/investors backing it this time, I think it could go a small bit further!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Bit early to be selling BTC, now that 20K is gone fomo December 2017 style is only just kicking in, I see a lot of runway ahead. I still have a princely 0.1BTC in the game from back then.

7ofm5vqvk9911.jpg

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭al87987

RIGOLO wrote: »
    ARB + 48%
    HIVE + 70%
    HUT8 + 16%
    and I swung back into MARA last week , sold out +80% yesterday ..
    Dont forget to take profits .

I had planned some downtime and was positioning these btc plays for next years pop, expecting a quite period, but with BTC on a tear looks like its back to watching the portfolio.

Any thoughts on UXIN? Down 15% today based on results

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

al87987 wrote: »
    Any thoughts on UXIN? Down 15% today based on results

I didnt expect such poor results, 15% drop isnt too bad considering.
    But Im going to bail , take my 22% loss , although I have the gains on my crypto to comfort me. It was always going to be a short term swing trade going to move the stake to something longer term .

You cant win them all , Im content with the way I played it, do some research , pick a few targets, launch torpedo, watch for impact, if its a miss you load up the tubes again.

Who knows how Wall St will ultimately react to their earnings ? They may get some press and a pump in the coming weeks. This year has been the year of inverse market reaction to what is normally expected. The second hand car market may be in for a shake up as we move to EVs, can companies like this survive or grow . If you figure out that answer let me know .. goodluck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

MP Materials ($MP:NYSE) going great guns this week.... up 30%

Only recently IPO'd via SPAC.

They mine/refine rare earth metals ...used in the magnets in Electric motors, wind turbines etc.

They were featured on 'Mad Money' yesterday and jumped 10% and up 15% again today

Seems like a 'Picks and shovels' play on the EV and Green energy boom. CEO in fact used that exact expression during the interview.

US Government has given them a leg up too.... seemingly to counter Chinese dominance.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

See you in mid-late 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,011 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Edesa Biotech & GAN both having a great day. Just about at BEP now on both these laggards

(Had been stinking up my Portfolio...whilst everything else rocketed ahead)

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Edesa Biotech & GAN both having a great day. Just about at BEP now on both these laggards

(Had been stinking up my Portfolio...whilst everything else rocketed ahead)

With a little bit of luck it'll go to 6.6 and I'll be evens, might get the shift this weekend too and by god it'll be a Christmas miracle.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

I bought crypto today, went down 1k you've all been warned. I'm notorious for bad timing in the market!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

DutchYurt wrote: »
    I bought crypto today, went down 1k you've all been warned. I'm notorious for bad timing in the market!

Thank you Sir for buying my vapor coin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Luckin coffee 7.35, +95% today, what the hell, just when I thought 2020 couldn't get any stranger lol (LK still a very sore subject, 93% loss for me lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Leitirmoir

As a start, DYOR, this is IMO etc.

Disclaimers behind me.

AFC Energy - just signed an agreement with ABB, Mobile charging and green hydrogen- match made in heaven?
    GGP.L Greatland Gold - maybe a little late but still potential for min 100% return in 2021 based on drill results. Gold market bullish, only going one direction based on US quantitative easing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Leitirmoir

Leitirmoir wrote: »
    As a start, DYOR, this is IMO etc.

Disclaimers behind me.

AFC Energy - just signed an agreement with ABB, Mobile charging and green hydrogen- match made in heaven?
    GGP.L Greatland Gold - maybe a little late but still potential for min 100% return in 2021 based on drill results. Gold market bullish, only going one direction based on US quantitative easing.

Also. From left field.

GRG.L Greggs
    Definitely 10-15% undervalued based on current share price. UK heading for recession, this brand only needs loosening of Covid restrictions to take off back to Q1 2020 levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Cyberpunk 2077 removed from PS store until further notice.

Until they have a reliable console version might be a rocky road ahead for CDPR.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭riddles

bcklschaps wrote: »
    Think I prefer Warren Buffet's two Golden rules of investing.

1. Don't lose money.
    2. See rule no.1

Most of the common sense rules defined by Buffett refer to a time when the SP was linked to the entities ability to generate revenue. The stock market is now a state sponsored ponsi scheme and trying to apply traditional logic has cost me a lot of money.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

June seems so long ago ...
    LUCKIN getting the love yesterday , up 20% to 4.09 , my bep is much lower, glad I held through all the noise.
    Patience often pays off. Earnings season approaches, if they produce a clean set of books they may pop .
    GLTA

All that was required was 2 months of patience .. up 97% yesterday after their books got a signoff, and will probably pop more today.

Full disclosure though, Im always happy to post wins and losses, I took my profits in them a few weeks ago and missed this weeks major gains. Thats the nature of the game. Will look at the early morning action, there may be a nice day trade here as news and numbers are digested. Early mornning pop, 1 hour later a pull back, buy that dip and then the street will let it run some more until end of day..

Newbies .. remember patience will often be rewarded. Especially when dealing with companies that are under investigation or caught up in the courts.

Great day yesterday , lots of green across the portfolio and all with strong foundations for 2021. All the indicatiosn are that Wall St and retail investors will continue the euphoria and madness into Q1 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭RaggyDays

All that was required was 2 months of patience .. up 97% yesterday after their books got a signoff, and will probably pop more today.

Full disclosure though, Im always happy to post wins and losses, I took my profits in them a few weeks ago and missed this weeks major gains. Thats the nature of the game. Will look at the early morning action, there may be a nice day trade here as news and numbers are digested. Early mornning pop, 1 hour later a pull back, buy that dip and then the street will let it run some more until end of day..

Newbies .. remember patience will often be rewarded. Especially when dealing with companies that are under investigation or caught up in the courts.

Great day yesterday , lots of green across the portfolio and all with strong foundations for 2021. All the indicatiosn are that Wall St and retail investors will continue the euphoria and madness into Q1 2021.

You summed up the whole stock market there,
    The stockmarket is a tool to remove wealth from the impatience and give to those having patience

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭p to the e

Good news for 4D this morning:
    https://www.londonstockexchange.com/news-article/DDDD/joins-mjff-sponsored-parkinson-s-study-consortium/14798540
    cc87 wrote: »
    Cyberpunk 2077 removed from PS store until further notice.

Until they have a reliable console version might be a rocky road ahead for CDPR.
    Picked up some more at 265 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

p to the e wrote: »

Careful now with CDPR. Will be another shock if Microsoft drop too for X-Box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

riddles wrote: »
    Most of the common sense rules defined by Buffett refer to a time when the SP was linked to the entities ability to generate revenue. The stock market is now a state sponsored ponsi scheme and trying to apply traditional logic has cost me a lot of money.

indeed , it makes no sense that the stock market has made new highs this year , economic activity has been seriously curtailed by covid 19 yet the FED intervention rescued the 1% yet again

some serious sh1t happening with Kingspan , this Grenfell business could really destroy share holder wealth , down over 20% this week alone

great company but stock has been very expensive for an industrial for a very long time

Any of ye 4D bulls tempted to pick up some NASDAQ: LOAC in anticipation of the merger/Nasdaq float for 4D in the New year?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

DutchYurt wrote: »
    My rules of Bitcoin, replace the comma with a decimal point and talk about it like you would a stock. A stock at $23.04 and going up and down 5% is easier to get your head around than $23,000

All this talk of $20,000 and "went down $1k" means nothing other than making people think they gained/lost more than they did. Your investment went down 5% yesterday. Keep your mindset in those terms and it's easier to compare the opportunity and gains with stocks.

It's going to be a fun evening (day) on the S&P.... Quadruple witching day and stock market bohemoth Tesla arriving at the party.

Hoping/expecting good bump to Tesla SP... and hopefully not too much collateral damage to my other S&P holdings.

3:55 pm EST is showtime. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    some serious sh1t happening with Kingspan , this Grenfell business could really destroy share holder wealth , down over 20% this week alone

great company but stock has been very expensive for an industrial for a very long time

Nice dip could make a great trade soon- is it a good company? don't know much about them. A good company with some bad news is money.

hottipper wrote: »
    Nice dip could make a great trade soon- is it a good company? don't know much about them. A good company with some bad news is money.

its a great company , the best ran one on the iseq this past ten years by a distance

volkswagen is a huge company but the diesel emissions scandal still hammered its stock , this could end up the same

with news like this , the money men dump first and ask questions later ,then the shorters arrive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭p to the e

Careful now with CDPR. Will be another shock if Microsoft drop too for X-Box.

This whole Cyberpunk fiasco will be a business case study for years to come. I work in development (not game development) and I'm not surprised by a lot of it. It's very similar with a lot of companies but just not on this scale. Developers screaming at the execs that this isn't near finished and the execs trying to appease the board don't give a crap.

In their mind releasing something half baked is better than nothing at all. I'm not sure it's being said anywhere but I imagine there was significant pressure from the console manufacturers themselves to have a big game release along with their new console. That's why Sony and CDPR seem to be at each other's throats at the moment. I still hold out hope though that this will all be sorted out in a few months and a lot of buyers will just hold onto the game and wait for a patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

This whole Cyberpunk fiasco will be a business case study for years to come. I work in development (not game development) and I'm not surprised by a lot of it. It's very similar with a lot of companies but just not on this scale. Developers screaming at the execs that this isn't near finished and the execs trying to appease the board don't give a crap.

In their mind releasing something half baked is better than nothing at all. I'm not sure it's being said anywhere but I imagine there was significant pressure from the console manufacturers themselves to have a big game release along with their new console. That's why Sony and CDPR seem to be at each other's throats at the moment. I still hold out hope though that this will all be sorted out in a few months and a lot of buyers will just hold onto the game and wait for a patch.

Hopefully it will lead to more stringent rules put in place for games. You don't see movies being rushed out with bugs/terrible edits but its ripe in the games industry. Did Sony even look at the game before release on the ps4 or do they just let anything on their platform..

• Advertisement

It's going to be a fun evening (day) on the S&P.... Quadruple witching day and stock market bohemoth Tesla arriving at the party.

Hoping/expecting good bump to Tesla SP... and hopefully not too much collateral damage to my other S&P holdings.

3:55 pm EST is showtime. ;-)

im in Tesla but i expect it to close down today ?

" sell the news " etc

Advertisement