Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jinish

Very new to the Global market through Degiro, though have years of experience in Indian Market.
    When I found this forum during May-June 2020 ( when I open account with Degiro), I got few scripts such as Nio. But I was looking for undervalued stock and picked few shares after some DD
    As a Summary, started with 5k grew up to 12k, re shuffled portfolio, now at 9k.
    Great lessons learned, esp in terms of profit booking the patients elements. Looking forward for a growth year 2021.
    Currently hold a mixture of SPACs, biotech and renewable energy picks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭Treppen

jinish wrote: »
    Very new to the Global market through Degiro, though have years of experience in Indian Market.
    When I found this forum during May-June 2020 ( when I open account with Degiro), I got few scripts such as Nio. But I was looking for undervalued stock and picked few shares after some DD
    As a Summary, started with 5k grew up to 12k, re shuffled portfolio, now at 9k.
    Great lessons learned, esp in terms of profit booking the patients elements. Looking forward for a growth year 2021.
    Currently hold a mixture of SPACs, biotech and renewable energy picks

I think I got lost in translation or autocorrect! What does that mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Treppen wrote: »

I assume he means taking profits when a share is up and being patient in general (buy and hold).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Any thoughts on Amazon?
    The stock has been trading sideways for months while the company is spending billions on expansion into pharmaceuticals among others.

Also profits for Amazon web services are skyrocketing.

Is it overdue a break out and especially with the amount of online retail this year?

Other companies share price jumping on nothing only speculation while Amazon are literally taking over the world

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Any thoughts on Amazon?
    The stock has been trading sideways for months while the company is spending billions on expansion into pharmaceuticals among others.

Also profits for Amazon web services are skyrocketing.

Is it overdue a break out and especially with the amount of online retail this year?

Other companies share price jumping on nothing only speculation while Amazon are literally taking over the world

I guess the only problem is there is only so big a company can become.

I recently invested in Alibaba, seems undervalued to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭virginmediapls

My IAG are going to take a battering tomorrow, arent they? HODL

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭jams100

My IAG are going to take a battering tomorrow, arent they? HODL

I have over a thousand, probably going to add to it if it drops enough. Britain has already administered 350k doses of vaccine + the moderna one has been approved in the US + Europe are going to approve the pfizer one in a few days too, they will all take time to come on stream but we are probably in the worst of it now, it should start getting better by the end of January.
    The airlines have already cut capacity significantly before this strain so really it won't do that much more damage unless this strain persists for months and the vaccine doesn't work which is not expected to happen.
    Just my 2 cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭virginmediapls

jams100 wrote: »
    I have over a thousand, probably going to add to it if it drops enough. Britain has already administered 350k doses of vaccine + the moderna one has been approved in the US + Europe are going to approve the pfizer one in a few days too, they will all take time to come on stream but we are probably in the worst of it now, it should start getting better by the end of January.
    The airlines have already cut capacity significantly before this strain so really it won't do that much more damage unless this strain persists for months and the vaccine doesn't work which is not expected to happen.
    Just my 2 cents.

Agreed, I'll be buying more at a discount tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jinish

Treppen wrote: »

I mean patience..
    I had chances to book profits, but the greed in me didn't let me. And I watched the profits eroding slowly. Also, the fear element caused me to book losses rather than waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Anyone know how us Irish can invest in the Ark etfs, are there any European based trackers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Timmaay wrote: »
    Anyone know how us Irish can invest in the Ark etfs, are there any European based trackers?

There are trackers that monitor and track, but the problem is that Ark are so active, they'll buy a load of something on a dip in a day, and then by the time the European-tracker gets the report at end of day and makes the trade tomorrow, the price will have moved 5%. So the European trackers tend to be much worse performance unfortunately.

No movement on IAG... suspended?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭outonawing

No movement on IAG... suspended?

130 on T212

outonawing wrote: »
    130 on T212

No change on Degiro :confused: and I pay for RT.

No change on Degiro :confused: and I pay for RT.

Is there a 15 minute delay?

Edit: must learn to read before replying ��

outonawing wrote: »
    Is there a 15 minute delay?

I'm following MAD IAG pricing and there's no update on the Degiro or other on line tickers. I do see the bid sell prices on Degiro. At around 1.48.

All cash looking to buy IAG. Seems to be a problem with the MAD exchange.

Edit. It's back on Degiro now.

I'm following MAD IAG pricing and there's no update on the Degiro or other on line tickers. I do see the bid sell prices on Degiro. At around 1.48.

All cash looking to buy IAG. Seems to be a problem with the MAD exchange.

Edit. It's back on Degiro now.
    DeGiro have prices for IAG on LSE

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭md23040

FTSE taking a serious bath and IAG in freefall down 11%. Covid sensitive stocks taking a battering such as BP. There is a good buying opportunity emerging.

Looks like a UK issue as the Nikkei doing the opposite of the FTSE at moment, interesting to see how the US opens based on the $900bn stimulus package.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

I've a feeling there'll be lots of those 10% movement emails tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pp_me

Big question here is, when the US markets open are they going to take a bath too out of general fear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 ADZAM

Does anyone have any insight into GREENCOAT RENEWABLES (GRP)? State backed Irish fund investing in wind farms, it could be a slow and steady one with a dividend kicker?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

US futures down 2.5% and heading south, going to be a bloody day today for sure.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭kennypowers

Bought byd the Chinese conglomerate and electric truck and battery manufacturer last week .I admit I based a lot on the fact that Buffett has strongly backed the company and a fomo having not gone in on nio ,tesla.
    Its more of a speculative play on my part .Their trucks and trains sales are doing well but by god their cars are ugly.Up 8 per cent today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Supercell wrote: »
    US futures down 2.5% and heading south, going to be a bloody day today for sure.
    The Christmas Sales comes early :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭positron

positron wrote: »
    ..and bought 10 more Sony shares (I had 10 Sony shares last couple of years and they had gone up from early 20s to early 60s in that time. And I think the PS5 unveiling later today should be a positive thing overall). So yeah, fingers crossed! :o

Sony Corp shares heading to $100 now. PS5 is a massive success and they can't make enough to meet the demand, and I would imagine some of that success will translate to game sales downstream as well.

Did anyone notice the FullyCharged "premier" of XPeng cars being delivered to Norway? Any thoughts if that's a nice share to pick up? I do think China is going to do what Japan did many decades back.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Jin luk

With the UK news and all would it be smart to sell today and buy back after the Red day that's coming up?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Jin luk wrote: »
    With the UK news and all would it be smart to sell today and buy back after the Red day that's coming up?

No point trying to time the market like that, the US market is only back like 1% premarket, against Europe back 2 or 3%, the stimulus package was finally agreed in the US yesterday, so what if you sold at the open at whatever drop, and instead it rallys for the day, your buying back in tomorrow at a higher price.

Days like today however are very useful for showing me why never to let fomo get to me, I've been in and out of APPs (digital turbine) the last few months, I totally missed their current rally from 35 to 57 across the last week and was feeling the fomo on Friday lol, what if it keeps on going to 70/80 etc lol, premarket right now it's back to 51 lol, that would be of been painful if I'd acted on my fomo impulse Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

Jin luk wrote: »

What I tend to do when there's negative movement on the cards, I hedge by shorting the same stock using spread bets so I ultimately hold a neutral position on price movements & don't expose myself to a CGT liability by selling the stock.

The limitations are that A, there's a commission & B, depends how large your position is, as sometimes my share positions are smaller than the minimum transaction for a spread bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Bought byd the Chinese conglomerate and electric truck and battery manufacturer last week .I admit I based a lot on the fact that Buffett has strongly backed the company and a fomo having not gone in on nio ,tesla.
    Its more of a speculative play on my part .Their trucks and trains sales are doing well but by god their cars are ugly.Up 8 per cent today.

The blockchain company "vechain " are well linked with byd.

https://www.ledgerinsights.com/blockchain-carbon-credits-driving-byd-vechain-dnv/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Red day incoming, advice is to not panic, maybe go for a walk and don't be stock watching your account for the day, not good for the mental health

Advertisement