Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Green&Red wrote: »
    Any Twitter accounts you’d recommend
    @saxena_puru - a retired investmenr banker that has a lot of good picks. He gets a lot of Sh1t on Twitter so only posts trades at moth end now though.
    @cperruna - as mentioned previously
    @jaminball - software comapny gurus, knows his stuff on tech.cloud companies. Does goon analysis whenever anyone releases any results

Cpfm wrote: »
    A recent MyWallSt podcast mentioned AJAX.I. It wasn't a dead cert to invest but one that sounded interesting. I'm interested but haven't bitten yet. doesn't seem to be available on degiro.

Degiro seem to have stopped adding new SPAC's. Or at least not all of them. If you're thinking of adding a few SPAC's I'd reccomend setting up an Interactive Brokers account.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

Because of Rigolo tips few weeks ago I am doing few hundreds euro today as I was scalping on SOL and NNOX all day. Thanks Rigolo.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jinish

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Degiro seem to have stopped adding new SPAC's. Or at least not all of them. If you're thinking of adding a few SPAC's I'd reccomend setting up an Interactive Brokers account.

I thought they would add if we request them? I requested them to add Expc and received the following reply.

"I can confirm that I have put in a product insertion request to have this product added to the platform.

Please be aware that once product insertion requests are made, they are added to the platform on a best effort basis.

I will notify you via email once this product is successfully added to the WebTrader"

Anyone follow Chris Perruna on Twitter (@cperruna)? He's a great stock picker for the type of stuff I'm into (long-term holds, tech-based growth stocks). Last year's list included Livongo, Zoom, SE, Shopify, Square, Crowdstrike, PayPal, Roku etc - pretty much all of them doubled over the year. This was definitely an exceptional year, but you can see his prior years lists on his pinned tweet

Anyway he releases his list this time every year so I'll post them up here as he releases them.
    1. FUBO - life TV streaming for live sports, news and entertainment in US. Went public via SPAC this year - I actually bought a small position in this one a month ago.
    2. QS - develops batteries for electric vehicles, Volkswagen have a stake so presumably ae interested in the technology. Seems to charge a lot faster than competitors. Again, only IPO'd a month ago.
    Right, as you see I was only passing on these picks, but since I posted these last Wednesday morning, 5 trading days...
    FUBO +135%
    QS +110% (this was already a $22BN Market Cap prior his week)

Looking forward to the rest of his 2021 list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,933 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Right, as you see I was only passing on these picks, but since I posted these last Wednesday morning, 5 trading days...
    FUBO +135%
    QS +110% (this was already a $22BN Market Cap prior his week)

Looking forward to the rest of his 2021 list
    Now this is something I was looking for recently, thanks:

https://twitter.com/cperruna/status/1339353644022546439

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

From reading up about Ark invest and the companies that they invest in, if I could give one single bit of stock advice to anyone it would be simply buy shares in any company that Ark invest are buying heavily into. It's actually well frustrating that we cannot invest in any of the Ark etfs here, but moving forward I'll happily have alot of the Ark invest share picks in myown portfolio.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭riddles

Thargor wrote: »
    Now this is something I was looking for recently, thanks:

https://twitter.com/cperruna/status/1339353644022546439

I think TDOC will hit 350$ once first quarter results which show the combined livongo acquisition results. Cloud MD will also at least double next year and will be a buyout target. I have big hopes for it. GEVO I think will move up pretty fast possibly to 10$ once their expansion funding is confirmed, if it realises a fraction of its potential 25-60$ is a 2/3 year target. PLUG is where GEVO is now price wise 12 months ago. Others to consider.

AMWL
    OTRK
    GNUS
    aMPE
    PLTR

Good luck all

Timmaay wrote: »
    From reading up about Ark invest and the companies that they invest in, if I could give one single bit of stock advice to anyone it would be simply buy shares in any company that Ark invest are buying heavily into. It's actually well frustrating that we cannot invest in any of the Ark etfs here, but moving forward I'll happily have alot of the Ark invest share picks in myown portfolio.

I do same, but just be careful - that fund wasn't doing great before this year, it's rocketed with having Tesla as it's biggest holding.

I bought it's second biggest holding NVTA from seeing it on it's list.

ARKK (Innovation) and ARKW (Next Generation Internet) are the two I follow

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Stablelad123

Green&Red wrote: »
    Any Twitter accounts you’d recommend

SPACs
    @DJohnson_CPA
    @SpacGuru

Tech
    @Manpree31938145
    @litquidity
    @NonGaap

Smallcap
    @dantestrading

Just a few. Someone mentioned good ones already. Browse through twitter and find ones that interest you and always remember that most of them are talking their book so Caveat Emptor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Stablelad123

Bob Harris wrote: »

An order for a truck that was created using photos hop and was never proven to be viable.

This sums up the craziness of 2020.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Your posts are exhausting. They offer nothing of substance to anyone in these markets. All you do is watch this board ready to criticise anything you deem wrong. You have no idea about trading markets. The traders (ex WS investment banks) I was referring to all trade their own accounts and they freely offer their extensive research. I'm not talking about buyside/sellside professional research. You're living in the dark ages where people got their news from the mornings Wall Street paper and paid for analysis.

Do yourself a favor and come back in a few months/years when stocks have stopped doubling or more in a short space time. Until then you just sound silly.

You think this thread counts a substance.....

As for experience, in 37 years I've seen and heard all the BS before... if you don't want to be called out on it, don't spout it.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭outonawing

Jim2007 wrote: »
    You think this thread counts a substance.....

As for experience, in 37 years I've seen and heard all the BS before... if you don't want to be called out on it, don't spout it.

Jim, claiming to have many years investment banking experience doesn't give you credibility on this board. Your low regard for the competence of retail investors doesn't make you look professional or knowledgeable

If you posted about stocks that you are currently interested in, people could make up their own minds on your depth of knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

GME closing out this year very nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 14,282 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

GAN just went through the roof ($19)

retalivity wrote: »

At one stage the GAN floor was $23

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭crushproof

retalivity wrote: »

Hmmm, I think our definition of through the roof differs!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,510 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Kosmos Energy up nearly 19% today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Can someone explain the value of these notices about stock price increases? There's no analysis provided, no suggestion on what you are trying to indicate. Buy, Sell, Hold etc...

Add's a lot of noise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,282 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

crushproof wrote: »
    Hmmm, I think our definition of through the roof differs!

Went through my BEP relative roof!
    cronos wrote: »
    Can someone explain the value of these notices about stock price increases? There's no analysis provided, no suggestion on what you are trying to indicate. Buy, Sell, Hold etc...

Add's a lot of noise.

I guess I could have added to my earlier post wondering why there was a sudden jump for GAN, was there any news released etc.
    Don't think this thread was ever purely for picks or tips, it's always had a general chat vibe to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭Treppen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

XL Fleet went ballistic today - down 10% yesterday on the ticker change and up 50% today at one stage. Looks like ringing the bell this morning had an aphrodisiac effect - In at 11.65 out at 27.00...$2 above my target price and a lot sooner than hoped.
    I'd be happy to get back in here but at much lower levels which I expect it to retrace to.

The upshot is that after this and a few other home runs in December I have more CGT to pay than I had paid for the year up to November.
    A good problem to have.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

outonawing wrote: »
    Jim, claiming to have many years investment banking experience doesn't give you credibility on this board. Your low regard for the competence of retail investors doesn't make you look professional or knowledgeable

If you posted about stocks that you are currently interested in, people could make up their own minds on your depth of knowledge.

Your money, your opinions do as you wish, just don't expect me to agree.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Mod Note: OK guys tone it down. We are all entitled to opinions but there is no need to be condescending to others

• Registered Users Posts: 6 doolepat

Cant remember who tipped XL Fleet pages back - had a small punt on it as I've too much EV already - will pay for a few X-Mas present at least - cheers to the original tipster!

+1 on the earlier post about keeping an eye on Ark investments - I have Teladoc & KE Holdings after tracking for a while - reading the information available on the site is very useful - Ark Invest view of the future of 3D printing is very interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 16 culchie_abroad

PSTH has been going sideways for the last while and then today at about midday US time it jolted by about 4%... volume is up. Must have been a massive buy by somebody in the know?

Speculation is that it could potentially be Bloomberg, Stripe or Fidelity... will be very interesting Q1.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭breadmonster

Speculation is that it could potentially be Bloomberg, Stripe or Fidelity... will be very interesting Q1.

Probably end up a 5% stake in subway or kfc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

PSTH has been going sideways for the last while and then today at about midday US time it jolted by about 4%... volume is up. Must have been a massive buy by somebody in the know?

It started about 6:45 Irish time, and went up 4% in around 15 minutes, before giving up a couple of % very quickly. Not huge volume but 3 times the average. Has gone up a little again after hours. News or social media speculation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Kosmos Energy up nearly 19% today.

Tipped this at $1.40 a few weeks ago, I hope some of you got in.

Advertisement