Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options
1235236237238239241»

Comments

Doodee wrote: »
    Anyone going for it?
    Took PLS quite a while to return from its lows so wondering how current price will be impacted. Tempted to take some profit but FOMO is playing its hand.

Did you take them share options, crazy not to at .36c. PLS is up to 1.10 now. So glad I held onto them during the tough times

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

Where are decent sites to buy US options for EU-based customers?
    Degiro doesn't offer much, nor does it offer as much in the way of SPACs and warrants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Degiro doesn't offer much, nor does it offer as much in the way of SPACs and warrants.

For SPACs I think you just need to email them to add the ones you want. The more people who do this the more SPAC's there will be on there.

Which ones are you in currently?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I use Interactive Brokers for anything complex like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I use Interactive Brokers for anything complex like that.

Does IB still have a 10k minimum? It did about 7 years ago so I went with IG and then left them for degiro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Does IB still have a 10k minimum? It did about 7 years ago so I went with IG and then left them for degiro

Nope, currently only have one position open with them, was €500

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Can a mod close this thread please, its for 2020 picks and people are posting tips for a year already past!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Did you take them share options, crazy not to at .36c. PLS is up to 1.10 now. So glad I held onto them during the tough times

I did and same as yourself, glad I didn’t dump it when the times weren’t so good. One of the better positions in my folio.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Kilboor wrote: »
    GME currently skyrocketing on the back of a proxy war and Michael Burry putting a big stake into it.

I'd definitely recommend picking up post 20th April but only at a 3-4 dollar price range.

Well I got in during the summer at 8 dollars.

Happily holding this as my largest position still...

29 dollars hit today.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Magno_DT

Can anyone explain to this mortal what problem the hedge fund companies have with what happened to GME? I mean so a Reddit forum pumps a stock price into oblivion. Why didn't they just stay away from the stock and continue with their daily business?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Magno_DT wrote: »
    Can anyone explain to this mortal what problem the hedge fund companies have with what happened to GME? I mean so a Reddit forum pumps a stock price into oblivion. Why didn't they just stay away from the stock and continue with their daily business?

Wrong year pal https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058143337&page=142

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Magno_DT wrote: »

Lots of explanations online and on Youtube.

Hedge funds were short on the company (betting share price would decrease) to the point they were betting on it going out of business.

Cut to better than expected market conditions as consoles launch, add some interest from massive players such as Michael Burry and Ryan Cohen. Share price goes up as Gamestop is now more valuable to people so they pay more per share for it. Now shorters are losing money. They've shorted over 150% of the outstanding shares, which is actually an illegal process. Heavily in losses they are forced to close their shorts as losses start to rack up, to close they pay market prices which squeezes the price to the moon which in turn means their losses grow as there isn't enough volume to close out their positions so they keep buying at whatever price they can get to hand back their borrowed shares.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Heimdallr

Heimdallr wrote: »
    PDUFA came through last night. Should see a good move today. Could be some sell the news but Japanese approval due later in the month. Holding this

BCRX soaring pre-market. Looks like there is a reddit run starting with it. still tremendously undervalued with Factor D on the horizon considering what Alexion is worth. Alex Denner doubled his position here and BlackRock increased by 3%. Holding long

Advertisement