Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,933 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

CNBC’s Jim Cramer Gives the Green Light to Panicked Investors: ‘How Can You Not Start Buying?’

https://www.mediaite.com/news/cnbcs-jim-cramer-gives-the-green-light-to-panicked-investors-how-can-you-not-start-buying/

Probably a sign of another 30% fall to come...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Thargor wrote: »
    CNBC’s Jim Cramer Gives the Green Light to Panicked Investors: ‘How Can You Not Start Buying?’

https://www.mediaite.com/news/cnbcs-jim-cramer-gives-the-green-light-to-panicked-investors-how-can-you-not-start-buying/

Probably a sign of another 30% fall to come...

Those lads on CNBC would try and pump and dump oil & sand on the saudis if they could.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

That recovered quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Shorts closing again I'd say with that late rally

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Euro sterling, can this last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

After that disaster of a press conference, Trumps going to have multiple more attempts at shooting himself in the foot all weekend.
    I expect red everywhere again monday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

retalivity wrote: »
    After that disaster of a press conference, Trumps going to have multiple more attempts at shooting himself in the foot all weekend.
    I expect red everywhere again monday morning

Me too, the same happened last friday, when things fall another 10% I'll pick up a few.

What are peoples thoughts on Irish shares? Ryanair is the only one I've seen mentioned here. Are many people invested in other companies? The big guns of CRH, Kerry, Kingspan, Smurfit have all had 20-30% haircuts recently. Anyone buying?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Shedite27 wrote: »
    What are peoples thoughts on Irish shares? Ryanair is the only one I've seen mentioned here. Are many people invested in other companies? The big guns of CRH, Kerry, Kingspan, Smurfit have all had 20-30% haircuts recently. Anyone buying?

Kerry might interest me. They were going from strength to strength before all this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I have intended to buy Vanguard VWRA (Acc fund) for some time now. Apart from trying to catch a falling knife at the moment, is there any underlying reason why people should not buy an ETF now that is different to trying to buy a normal share (Kerry Group, Twitter, CRH etc.)?

Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Coil Kilcrea

Have all of them and am adding more including Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Kingspan has had a remarkable run, constantly beating expectations this past five years, debt is relatively modest too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Trump announced a nationwide rollout of testing yesterday and namechecked Wallgreens, Target, CVS and Wal-Mart would be setting up temporary drive-through testing facilities in their stores. He also namechecked Roche Holdings several times as being the developer and suppliers of the test kits. Be interesting to see if these places (particularly Roche) see a bounce of the back of that

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,271 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Trump announced a nationwide rollout of testing yesterday and namechecked Wallgreens, Target, CVS and Wal-Mart would be setting up temporary drive-through testing facilities in their stores. He also namechecked Roche Holdings several times as being the developer and suppliers of the test kits. Be interesting to see if these places (particularly Roche) see a bounce of the back of that

He also said that the drive-through sites would be managed by a website built by 1,700 Google engineers.... nobody at Google knew anything about it... but there is a sister company of Google about to start testing a diagnosis tool for some local community......

In the local news here in Switzerland, there has been no mention of Roche doing much, but Novartis will start field testing their kit next week. The expectation is that it relatively easy to mass produce and test results should be available in half the time.

Trump will do his best to talk up the market, so do your homework before taking any actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Bill Gates stepping down from the microsoft board to focus on philantropy. Probably wont move the needle as much as covid will

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Hi

What company/app do ye guys use to buy shares online. I am looking get into buying a few shares (small time for now maybe around €1000) just to get me eye in and break the boredom for the next 2 weeks

Thanks

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Hi

What company/app do ye guys use to buy shares online. I am looking get into buying a few shares (small time for now maybe around €1000) just to get me eye in and break the boredom for the next 2 weeks

Thanks

At that amount, probably only DeGiro makes sense from a fees perspective. I use them and recommend it.

retalivity wrote: »
    Bill Gates stepping down from the microsoft board to focus on philantropy. Probably wont move the needle as much as covid will

He hasn’t been CEO in years anyway, can’t see it having much impact. Stepped down from the board of Berkshire Hathaway also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Hi

Thanks
    I use IG and XTB.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Hi

Thanks

In the same boat as yourself, and I've been messing around on Revolut. The companies offered are limited to those on the New York Stock Exchange I believe, but it's user friendly and you get three commission free trades per month ($1 fee for any trade thereafter)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,271 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Jim2007 wrote: »
    He also said that the drive-through sites would be managed by a website built by 1,700 Google engineers.... nobody at Google knew anything about it... but there is a sister company of Google about to start testing a diagnosis tool for some local community......

In the local news here in Switzerland, there has been no mention of Roche doing much, but Novartis will start field testing their kit next week. The expectation is that it relatively easy to mass produce and test results should be available in half the time.

Trump will do his best to talk up the market, so do your homework before taking any actions.

Just to add, seems Roche are working on a machine that will also test faster and more importantly does not require so much manual effort in the process. But neither company are a point where this stuff can start rolling of the production lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭liamoreilly

...Fed cut interest rates to 0%, and a €500 QE package...This will probably be the last action by them...I'd say there will be a good bounce because of this, then once that slows, I can only see one direction for the next while...

Was'nt expecting that even though I was expecting a complete meltdown tomorrow ha, maybe even more at next week's meeting. Futures in half an hour will give us an idea for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Was'nt expecting that even though I was expecting a complete meltdown tomorrow ha, maybe even more at next week's meeting. Futures in half an hour will give us an idea for tomorrow.

Dow futures Down 4%!

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Meltdown tomorrow and this week I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭liamoreilly

...Fed cut interest rates to 0%, and a €500 QE package...This will probably be the last action by them...I'd say there will be a good bounce because of this, then once that slows, I can only see one direction for the next while...
    ...Half of this is correct, the part about a good bounce is expensively wrong...

That 10% bump in the last 30 mns Friday is gonna be gone even faster tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 17,933 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Bloodbath tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Kamu

Thargor wrote: »
    Bloodbath tomorrow.

I am going to delete the orders I made on Friday and see how this pans out.

• Advertisement

Ahhhh how are we supposed to see what tomorrows like now, with limit down on futures. Asx now down over 7% still of Fridays lows. I'm going to say US finishes green tomorrow.

Advertisement