Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

i'm looking at getting some of Ryanair and CRH from Iseq and a bit of delta depending on fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Think there's much further to go here. Especially once the number of confirmed cases becomes clearer in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Yes, it's possible that they drop further, especially the likes of BA.
    If you fancy a vegas like punt, there's always TSLA lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Shedite27 wrote: »
    They've just announced they're close to grounding all planes, why would ya be thinking of buying? I understand they'll come back but surely they're nowhere near out of the woods

I understand that, however we can't time the market...and at current price it looks decent. so i'm going to accumulate may be 15-20% what I plan to invest in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Considering the purchase of ires reit

Rents will fall but property is a tangible asset, not going to disappear

Approaching an all time low and 80 % below yearly high

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Bloodbath

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

cefh17 wrote: »
    Bloodbath

Bit over dramatic IMO, We're back to Thursday's level

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Bit over dramatic IMO, We're back to Thursday's level

Europe is 20% below Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭bilbot79

ELM327 wrote: »
    Am waiting for US markets to open, and see what happens, have my eye on BA and AAL

What happens to your holding if the government intervenes?

bilbot79 wrote: »
    What happens to your holding if the government intervenes?
    It gets diluted to nothing, same as AIB/BOI shares

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭Underground

I'm still not underwater on MSFT shares and I only bought them in August.

It gets diluted to nothing, same as AIB/BOI shares

I reckon I might lose my airline stocks this way

I reckon I might lose my airline stocks this way
    Its a risk of course, but that's why you dont buy stocks with money you cant afford to lose

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭BikeRacer

I wouldn't touch airlines now tbh. I have Delta and Ryanair on my watchlist but I don't expect to be going near them for a least a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

Mohammed el erian ex head of Pimco and a truthful analyst says markets can still fall at least another 20 % , this could look conservative in a couple of weeks time if good news does not come out of Italy or progress on a vaccine.

BikeRacer wrote: »
    I wouldn't touch airlines now tbh. I have Delta and Ryanair on my watchlist but I don't expect to be going near them for a least a few months.
    The next couple of weeks is where the value is. In a few months we'll be on the way to the other side of the virus, likely with a vaccine.

The next couple of weeks is where the value is. In a few months we'll be on the way to the other side of the virus, likely with a vaccine.

I think a sniff of a vaccine and this all goes away

Mohammed el erian ex head of Pimco and a truthful analyst says markets can still fall at least another 20 % , this could look conservative in a couple of weeks time if good news does not come out of Italy or progress on a vaccine.

El erian is just about the sharpest mind in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

I agree. But the companies developing the vaccines are saying themselves that they are still several months away from a safe effective Human tested vaccine. Human's may have developed our own immunity to Covid-19 by then.

What kind of shape are the world economies going to be in by mid summer ? Banking crisis is just around the corner too and what if food production gets hit ?

I would think markets still have some way to fall.

I'm staying in cash til this blows over.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,933 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Anyone buying today is nuts, we dont even have a clue wtf is happening in America right now, theres weeks of this ahead of us yet.

• Advertisement

Anyone selling today is nuts
    Anyone buying today is speculative

This is a bear market and the only play is short or keep your powder dry .

I'd tend to agree
    This is a bear market and the only play is short or keep your powder dry .

shorting is a possible winner at this time once you can afford to double down if needed

The market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent!

I'd tend to agree

shorting is a possible winner at this time once you can afford to double down if needed

The market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent!

Difficult to find an entry point that doesn't whipsaw and snap your nerve and solvency

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

My bet is that we're somewhere in the middle of this selloff. Not touching stock until late April at the earliest.
    There will be many days like today in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

The last time the S&P was around 2500 was during the government shutdown in December 2018, and before that was Autumn 2017. The outlook feels infinitely more dire now than it did then so I don't see how there isn't further to fall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

voluntary wrote: »
    My bet is that we're somewhere in the middle of this selloff. Not touching stock until late April at the earliest.
    There will be many days like today in the next few weeks.

I say about 70% into the sell off. There are just sooo many unknowns.
    The infection data from US is practically non existent compared to true cases. 1 Trillion magic money appearing just to stave off the panic fall curve to something more manageable. Bail out of airlines likely with some maybe nationalized. Service industry going to grind to a halt. Huge demand in social services required. No data at all at immunity rates or duration or possibilities. Best case scenario vaccines still a year away from mass consumption.

I feel like now the message of how serious this is going to be is starting to appear clear. That's a great thing. A lot less thinking of flipping on a quick recovery market. Proper fear for the proper dire consequences of the situation.

There is plenty of money to be made in recovery.. as always, but recovery is not fast, and that's OK.

I dont have the stones unfortunately to short. It seems so much riskier to me than not making money. Kudos to the good people here who can stomach it. I'd lose the run of myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭lastusername

Made my first investment in ZM last week, return is 8.15% right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

manonboard wrote: »
    I say about 70% into the sell off.

It's sometimes worth to take a step back and look at the big picture.

Yj9EWBc.png

Having medium strength balls you'd want to wait until at least tech index hits 5400, with strong balls you'd wait even for 3600 before going shopping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭peterofthebr

you need to watch covid-19
    -how will eu be in 7 days?. ..never mind usa.

-also watching oil (big problems with shale companies now) ..

-the big one is the existing dept. that was issue without impact of virus..

us equities i feel are still overpriced ... not sure if fed can give confidence with all the virus unknowns

Advertisement