Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I'll wait to dip until we're seeing reports of 100+ dead a day in US.

Jesus, what have i become....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,933 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Black Monday:

keozc3bah1n41.png

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭peterofthebr

Taylor365 wrote: »
    I'll wait to dip until we're seeing reports of 100+ dead a day in US.

Jesus, what have i become....

yeah money never sleeps..
    ride the wave...not our fault unless you out there spreading it...

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭inisfree0504

-also watching oil (big problems with shale companies now) ..

-the big one is the existing dept. that was issue without impact of virus..

Just curious, what types of things would you be watching out for in the next while?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

voluntary wrote: »
    It's sometimes worth to take a step back and look at the big picture.

Yj9EWBc.png

Having medium strength balls you'd want to wait until at least tech index hits 5400, with strong balls you'd wait even for 3600 before going shopping.

What significance do those figures have?

• Advertisement

Just curious, what types of things would you be watching out for in the next while?

global companies with good mgt .. among them woukd be BP and CRH

this time is different... possibly everything will slide deeper, Fed i dont think can do much here (too many unknowns).. feel no need to rush into buying anything.... do your homework look at companies you like and their history in a recession

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

What significance do those figures have?

Long term trendlines towards which the markets will be drawn as the crisis unfolds .

Long term trendlines towards which the markets will be drawn as the crisis unfolds .

I just don’t see those trend lines matching up to support and resistance points. They look a bit off to me. Just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

I just don’t see those trend lines matching up to support and resistance points. They look a bit off to me. Just my opinion.

Im not sure if they represent moving averages , support and resistance etc but many traders use their own long term trend lines drawn from pivot points Fibonnaci levels and personal trading experience which these most likely represent.

• Advertisement

Im not sure if they represent moving averages , support and resistance etc but many traders use their own long term trend lines drawn from pivot points Fibonnaci levels and personal trading experience which these most likely represent.

Yeah, I have my own drawn but they are very different to those

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,271 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

so your homework look at companies you like and their history in a recession

Sadly for some people on here that is to much to ask...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Yeah, I have my own drawn but they are very different to those

Do share.

OwlsZat wrote: »
    Do share.

Can’t do over the phone right now. Will need my laptop. Nothing to say mine are right either. They say tech analysis is nearly as much art as science :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Can’t do over the phone right now. Will need my laptop. Nothing to say mine are right either. They say tech analysis is nearly as much art as science :)

100% its someway between an art form and guess work. Will be interesting to see an alternative approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Pinsnbushings

Apologies in advance guys probably the wrong thread, wondering what would be considered a decent return on investment spread betting? Started last week fully in the knowledge I'd be a Millionaire now with the market meltdown alas that's not the case.. Not as easy to hold your nerve when you see the figures flying up and down on the screen..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭Underground

I'm still not underwater on MSFT shares and I only bought them in August.

Aaannnd now I am. What a day. Funds ready to go in degiro account. Gonna hold off on pulling the trigger for a bit though.

any companies people here like? can you name them.. ? always looking for new companies to look into and ..maybe invest into...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,933 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Apologies in advance guys probably the wrong thread, wondering what would be considered a decent return on investment spread betting? Started last week fully in the knowledge I'd be a Millionaire now with the market meltdown alas that's not the case.. Not as easy to hold your nerve when you see the figures flying up and down on the screen..
    Ah Jaysus you're going to have to give a bit more detail on your position than that if you want advice, whats gone wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭strathspey

I'm thinking some of the Nasdaq PC/Server manufactures might be a good pick. The likes of AMD and Intel were already struggling to fill their order books prior to this crash and now with remote working, virtual conferencing, machine learning processing their products will be in even higher demand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

OwlsZat wrote: »
    100% its someway between an art form and guess work. Will be interesting to see an alternative approach.
    Drew some touch points now, red for the top line, green for the bottom. Move the lines up or down a little - doesn't really matter. The marked area over the top line on the right is roughly covered with the period of Trump administration.

One interesting point is the 2018 mini-crash. After 2 weeks of heavy selloff the index is still higher than after this mini-crash which happened for no reason. We have good reason now.
    Another - NASDAQ touched today the 200-day moving average which technically should work as a strong support.

axplGhv.png

this one's quite scary too:
    xVUgg2g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

strathspey wrote: »
    I'm thinking some of the Nasdaq PC/Server manufactures might be a good pick. The likes of AMD and Intel were already struggling to fill their order books prior to this crash and now with remote working, virtual conferencing, machine learning processing their products will be in even higher demand.

I've been eyeing up AMD for quite some time, only question is when...

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Coil Kilcrea

weemcd wrote: »
    I've been eyeing up AMD for quite some time, only question is when...

Take your pick, a whole lot of great choices out there now.

Drew some touch points now, red for the top line, green for the bottom. Move the lines up or down a little - doesn't really matter. The marked area over the top line on the right is roughly covered with the period of Trump administration.

One interesting point is the 2018 mini-crash. After 2 weeks of heavy selloff the index is still higher than after this mini-crash which happened for no reason. We have good reason now.
    Another - NASDAQ touched today the 200-day moving average which technically should work as a strong support.

axplGhv.png

this one's quite scary too:
    xVUgg2g.jpg

How do i add a pic?

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

How do i add a pic?

you can upload it here:
    https://imgur.com/upload

and then use the image address after clicking the "insert image" icon in the new message.

you can upload it here:
    https://imgur.com/upload

and then use the image address after clicking the "insert image" icon in the new message.

cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

strathspey wrote: »

There is a global shortage of server grade NVME and fast flash drives and Dell and HPE are struggling with long lead times.

ZD3J9Ik

These are my lines on nasdaq for what they are worth

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tim4

Can see Govt pumping € into to building houses to get the economy moving once this has passed, Glenveagh n Cairn would do well in that case n are selling for 60ish % of their asset values (if those values are still valid??)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Pinsnbushings

Thargor wrote: »
    Ah Jaysus you're going to have to give a bit more detail on your position than that if you want advice, whats gone wrong?

Not so much gone wrong as what ifs, I'm up little more than 15 percent as it stands but it's been a roller-coaster ride haha..im overtrading I think and several times I've taking profit too soon aswell as panicking and cutting losses on trades which would have turned out profitable.
    At the moment its a very basic approach I'm just betting on indices.
    Kinda get the feeling I missed the boat really, set up the account to short the market in general but was too slow getting it organised.

Advertisement