Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Deemed disposable though?

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

CRH looks very tempting, but as you said in 2011 and 2002 €11.50 was the lowest it went. so there's a bit more to go.

IRES and HIB Reit both down nearly 50% from their peaks a month ago.

Kingspan and kerry are holding up incredibly well

Kingspan is the best managed company in Ireland this past five years with kerry a close second

Smurfit kappa ( which I own) is holding up pretty well too, it dropped to two euro during the last crash

cnocbui wrote: »
    What?

European domiciled funds force the holder to pay a 40% plus exit tax after eight yeara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

bought BP on monday @19.30 and it was dropping so quickly made me consider my position and got out quickly @19.00, not much harm done it's now 17.40...so guys hold jumping into energy stocks yet

• Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    European domiciled funds force the holder to pay a 40% plus exit tax after eight yeara

Ah, no, Australian stock exchange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

CRH looks very tempting, but as you said in 2011 and 2002 €11.50 was the lowest it went. so there's a bit more to go.

IRES and HIB Reit both down nearly 50% from their peaks a month ago.

Commercial RE will get absolutely battered in the next year. I'm avoiding it like the plague, even with the low prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Just had an order fulfilled for Disney at $85

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭lastusername

I spoke to my brother today, who's a pilot, and he bought into Easyjet and IAG this week.
    He didn't say this, but I'd be wary of the American airlines. I think COVID is going to hit hard there.

They look like good bets - too big to fail possibly? Not sure if Easyjet is though? Could take many years for them to get back to or above their pre-Covid highs of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

Catching falling knifes.

They look like good bets - too big to fail possibly? Not sure if Easyjet is though? Could take many years for them to get back to or above their pre-Covid highs of course.

American Airlines/cruise companies taking a battering today...anyone following metal companies please BHP, Rio et al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,933 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

So what if it's too big to fail? They'll just print a billion shares and give them to whichever government bails them out, you'll get diluted to nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Boeing at $99

Nobody yet believes NASDAQ can drop to ~3000 region.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Sounds like Delta and AA are racing to be the first one to go bankrupt

Don't lose all your ammunition today. Cash will be the king starting mid/end April.

Thargor wrote: »
    So what if it's too big to fail? They'll just print a billion shares and give them to whichever government bails them out, you'll get diluted to nothing.

Or sold to another bank/airline etc for symbolic 1 USD/EUR (like it happened before) in return for some form of an emergency plan saving jobs and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭greenfield21

How many more days are we going to see like this, crazy times

bought BP on monday @19.30 and it was dropping so quickly made me consider my position and got out quickly @19.00, not much harm done it's now 17.40...so guys hold jumping into energy stocks yet

Same happened me with shell a fortnight ago, dumped @17

cnocbui wrote: »
    Ah, no, Australian stock exchange.

Even thinner volume

AIB below 1 EUR per share :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

I absolutely don't feel sick at all anymore for selling up most my portfolio for a 10% loss a week or so ago, if I'd hung in I'd be looking at a 30% loss now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

If you've got the bottle buy AMD every morning and sell every evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Coil Kilcrea

How many more days are we going to see like this, crazy times

Until we wake up and hear that someone has a cure for this bastard. Until then, we’re in free fall. Ackman is right. Lock the shop for a month so we self isolate to the point that we get this poison under control.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

voluntary wrote: »
    AIB below 1 EUR per share :eek:
    Would prefer BOI if goping that way. AIB still state owned.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/BIRG.IR?p=BIRG.IR&.tsrc=fin-srch

Have no access to Irish shares though, US only through Revolut. Not paying for premium etrade (have the basic account through company for RSU/PSU shares)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Pkiernan wrote: »
    If you've got the bottle buy AMD every morning and sell every evening.

Dlr not bad for swing trading also the sec.

I would stay miles away from any Bank shares....Irish Banks wouldn't touch them with a barge pole, once bitten twice shy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Does anyone here trade options? If so, what broker do you use?

Checking AIB out of pure curiosity and having some satisfaction as I was saying for years that the state should sell all shares ASAP. No reason for the State to gamble owning a commercial bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

4000 new cases in Italy. 500 dead in one day. I imagine the markets will be closed for a few months soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

There is no bottom in this market ; s+p can go below 1000

Advertisement