Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Even thinner volume

So?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I've heard Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger have both sat upright on their chairs. :D

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Coil Kilcrea

I've heard Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger have both sat upright on their chairs. :D

I’d say the cheque book is burning.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,271 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Until we wake up and hear that someone has a cure for this bastard.

No you won't, because then the silly money will jump in trying to get on board for the next ride, except the next ride will quickly hit the wall like it always does, costing people even more money... we are about to head into a global recession which will probably last four to seven years, just like every other recession and just like every other recession the most money will not be lost until about a year or so into it, when the silly money gets going.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Mach 3

Jim2007 wrote: »
    No you won't, because then the silly money will jump in trying to get on board for the next ride, except the next ride will quickly hit the wall like it always does, costing people even more money... we are about to head into a global recession which will probably last four to seven years, just like every other recession and just like every other recession the most money will not be lost until about a year or so into it, when the silly money gets going.

Having worked through a few recessions (the first been after Iraq invaded Kuwait), I always got by and had the resolve and believe that things would pan out alright. We here have lead a fairly sheltered life when it comes to the atrocities that man has inflicted on each other.
    I now look around and wonder will my I my kin my friends be still here next year. Somehow Jim I don't think there will be silly money in a years time.
    Remember everyone is on an equal footing with this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Coil Kilcrea

Jim2007 wrote: »

I'm referring to the extreme volatility Jim. And I don't think that the recession will last long if we get a handle on this virus. If the basic economic infrastructure is shattered with consequent massive job losses, then it's a whole different level of hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Delta down 25% today, ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I'm afraid of investing in them with rumors of Airline bailouts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

IMO you would be bonkers to invest in anything to do with airlines, travel industry or tourism at the moment, there will be nothing happening (other than companies going under) here over the next 3 months. There will be plenty of time to get involved later if one so desires. Any improvement in share prices for these industries will be slow and gradual imo as these businesses very gradually ramp up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Apollinaris

I saw on this thread multiple airline, cruise line operator and Boeing recommendations. Might as well throw your money on a big bone fire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

I saw on this thread multiple airline, cruise line operator and Boeing recommendations. Might as well throw your money on a big bone fire.

Yep take a look at Carnival about 7USD from 22USD in a week. Double that a few months back. Some will fail but some like Delta likely propped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Rainmann

Agreed for the most part. I do think there will be some great opportunities, Ryanair is one of them. They will likely come out of this with a lot fewer competitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

ECB launches 750Bn bond purchase program. The money tap has been turned on full.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Bought airbus @52 yesterday, suspect it will be 40 today, knowing the French, they will nationalise it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

Bought airbus @52 yesterday, suspect it will be 40 today, knowing the French, they will nationalise it

oh 22pc down yesterday. Thats tough. Good on you to post it.
    Would you sell if it bounced up today? or keeping long?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Fair play for telling us how your investment went. I am watching Airbus too. guess you bought Airbus as a possible bargain .... and knowing of the big problems at their only real competitor Boeing.

Thing is Airbus have problems of their own too.

The biggliest (!) problem is the USA is going to support Boeing with everything they have.

also Airbus customers will be broke after Coronavirus and cancelling orders or looking for special deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

Is there a 1% stamp duty on purchase of shares from Irish markets? like 20 EUR fee on 2000 eur position?

Here's one that the SP was hard hit but if things in the World get back on track the SP should recover quickly ............ they install virtual reality pods & headsets etc in themeparks and zoos. Small company ........ Immotion Group PLC. .... https://immotion.co.uk/

Currently 2.29 GBX, was 4 times that recently and hit a low of 1.05 GBX ish.

Hit badly by Covid19 and might well not recover and go bust. Not one for huge wads of cash.

google translated
    SPD leader Esken warns of speculative ATTACKS on Europe.

All over the world, countries are fighting against the economic consequences of the corona crisis.
    The bankruptcy of states is also a conceivable scenario.

https://www.handelsblatt.com/politik/deutschland/coronakrise-spd-chefin-esken-warnt-vor-spekulationsattacken-auf-europa/25659650.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

It's up today, if I was you I would sell them today and relax...

it's only a sucker rally today....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

bcklschaps wrote: »
    Fair play for telling us how your investment went. I am watching Airbus too. guess you bought Airbus as a possible bargain .... and knowing of the big problems at their only real competitor Boeing.

Thing is Airbus have problems of their own too.

The biggliest (!) problem is the USA is going to support Boeing with everything they have.

also Airbus customers will be broke after Coronavirus and cancelling orders or looking for special deals.

I dumped airbus this morning for a fifty euro scalp.

The French are never shy about nationalising industry, jstuck the proceeds in Adidas @170

Tanking AIB share price indicate the bank may be needing another bailout?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Completely noobie question here, what does nationalising mean if you have shares in the company ha?

Timmaay wrote: »
    Completely noobie question here, what does nationalising mean if you have shares in the company ha?

You're ****ed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Your holding goes to zero.

You still own the shares, but the government issues so many new ones, that they're essentially worthlo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

US futures not buying into European stimulus plan. TBH how is buying bonds going to help the common man.

You get robbed, but it's perfectly legal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Just when things couldn’t get any worse with Boi new low today !

• Advertisement

US futures not buying into European stimulus plan. TBH how is buying bonds going to help the common man.

It's not; that's why Australia's helicopter money is far smarter than the ECB enriching already wealthy companies in the hope of a trickle down - the most busted myth in BS economics.

Advertisement