Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Timmaay wrote: »
    What will this new oil deal on Monday do for the markets? It will probably be a good news story that will boost the markets short term, and isn't the worse ace up trumps sleeve seeing as he's prob used up all his money printing market boosts, but where will we be later in the week will be more interesting I think.

Isn't that OPEC meeting delayed now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

Isn't that OPEC meeting delayed now?

delayed till 9th april at the earliest i read. Someone got their feelings hurt by getting blamed. So talks fell apart for a few more days so people could drink their milk.

It'll be interesting to see if it raises things across the market or just for energy comps. Low oil price makes alot more business possible..except for the oil and some energy comps.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Bit of a rally again this morning, most back to where they were a week ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Is it possible to invest in Coca Cola on De Giro and have your dividend reinvested automatically?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Bit of a rally again this morning, most back to where they were a week ago.

Trump mentioned the word 'death' a lot in his address yesterday. Maybe they get off on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,892 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Is it bizarre how strong the markets are given the current situation?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Immunomedics Inc just got early approval for their breast cancer due to the compelling nature of the collected P3 data.

Would expect a nice run over the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭MurDawg

Ive been royally screwed on Luckin Coffee.... Did not see that coming

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Thargor wrote: »
    Are ye all trading short term or buying these positions to hold? Do you not think there is a long way for this to go yet? They only announced a few hundred thousand in the unemployment figures this week because of the cut off time, the next month/quarter is going to be historic and not in a good way, theres a million other things like that to come.

i'm buying here and there, but mostly they're short-term trades.
    Lads anyone else looking at shares in the 3 big cruise operators: Carnival, Royal Caribbean and Norwegian. They'll all tanked in the last few weeks just don't know if they've hit bottom yet and if they'll survive longterm? I suppose were back to trying to catch a falling knife but, I'm just interested to here other people's thoughts on them.

I got some Carnival other day...in Green now :) it's only a short-term play...long term they could easily go bankkrupt as someone noted in a few weeks...especially Norwegian last time I checked they had only 200 Mil cash.
    Irish_rat wrote: »
    Someone that speaks sense. I own appl stock for about 10 years now. I have a feeling they'll drop below 200. Tempted to put more into them.

I think waiting for the virus to pass is the best strategy right now the risk is very high at the minute. Boeing (I know!) could be real value soon.

If I was you, I would sell them in the rally's (assuming you make decent gains, as you're holding that long) and get them again during the sell-offs'
    Mad_maxx wrote: »
    the recovery of the european oil majors since around st paddys day has been nothing short of sensational , they more or less experienced a great depression level of price fall in the space of a week , brutal wash out and then a 70% recovery in the case of royal dutch shell , total not far behind in terms of comeback

with oil still very cheap i dont see them regaining highs any quicker than the overall market but if they manage to avoid cutting their dividends , they were the steal of the century three weeks ago

Definitely, they're in my buy list...don't think they'll touch march lows again though
    OwlsZat wrote: »
    Immunomedics Inc just got early approval for their breast cancer due to the compelling nature of the collected P3 data.

Would expect a nice run over the next few days.

It's up 120% pre-market :)

MurDawg wrote: »

I got them after the fall around $ 6, fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

MurDawg wrote: »

Just waiting on some funds to clear into Degiro. Might stick a bit in here if still around $5. Big fall from $27 in 3 days!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭inisfree0504

Does anyone have any thoughts on Kerry? I bought at 94 last week but they’re still dropping and just above 91 now.

TRS30 wrote: »
    Just waiting on some funds to clear into Degiro. Might stick a bit in here if still around $5. Big fall from $27 in 3 days!!!

Top Executives falsified Sales and Expenses, that's why fall

• Registered Users Posts: 5,639 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Sorry to hear of your troubles MurDawg. Please excuse my ignorance on this, but would Luckin Coffee not be in a precarious position or is it a good punt at such a low price. Just trying to understand the risk based on this info of a possible pending lawsuit:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/luckin-coffee-lead-plaintiff-deadline-071600628.html

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,889 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Good rally today, am well up (5-8%) since friday. Have sold most of my holdings as they went above 5% gain. Only thing left is ~100 AAL shares which are about 25c away from being sold too.

These up and down trends in short spaces are making it easier to profit from inter/intra day trades.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Jezz lads do your homework on Luckin before you jump in, not just because the share price dropped 80%. They completely fabricated sales figures, so any sort of previous share valuation was based on completely wrong earnings. And yep I'm also a sucker who has got absolutely burnt with them, it's hardly even worth my effort selling up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Timmaay wrote: »
    Jezz lads do your homework on Luckin before you jump in, not just because the share price dropped 80%. They completely fabricated sales figures, so any sort of previous share valuation was based on completely wrong earnings. And yep I'm also a sucker who has got absolutely burnt with them, it's hardly even worth my effort selling up now.

Completely agree, as soon as I saw the price drop I went off and did some research. It would be a long shot play for €100 max and it comes off great if not then no big loss.

ELM327 wrote: »
    Good rally today, am well up (5-8%) since friday. Have sold most of my holdings as they went above 5% gain. Only thing left is ~100 AAL shares which are about 25c away from being sold too.

These up and down trends in short spaces are making it easier to profit from inter/intra day trades.

Nice rally today, mine is up nearly 10%....
    Carnival having a great day so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mzhou

Time to sell and lock in profit before it drops again. The revenue would drop over 90%.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,889 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Yes, NCLH are the same/ I'd already bought and sold NCL at 7 and 12 respectively at least once, if I hadnt sold I would have today for sure.

• Advertisement

mzhou wrote: »
    Time to sell and lock in profit before it drops again. The revenue would drop over 90%.

sure man, apparently Saudis bought a huge chunk of Carnival...that news is pushing it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Is it bizarre how strong the markets are given the current situation?

Trump is propping up the market as much as he can but he won't contain the spread of the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Trump is propping up the market as much as he can but he won't contain the spread of the virus.

He won't even wear a mask the vainglorious twit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

TRS30 wrote: »
    Completely agree, as soon as I saw the price drop I went off and did some research. It would be a long shot play for €100 max and it comes off great if not then no big loss.

Yeah they're at $4.40 now, just picked up €60 worth, bit of a fun punt.

Nothing else worth buying today

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Some rally to the close here, S&P gonna close about 8% up :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mzhou

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Some rally to the close here, S&P gonna close about 8% up :eek:

How often did it happen in the history? I worry it would invoke big sell off tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

mzhou wrote: »
    How often did it happen in the history? I worry it would invoke big sell off tomorrow

think we were saying that last week aswell, wouldnt be surprised if we had another day like today

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭BillyBiggs

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    think we were saying that last week aswell, wouldnt be surprised if we had another day like today

It’s all based on hot air, but if you can make money by picking any half decent stock why not? Hoping for another rally myself tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭crushproof

Another bonkers day in what has been a bonkers few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭BillyBiggs

crushproof wrote: »
    Another bonkers day in what has been a bonkers few weeks.

Does anybody else find that Friday is a sh1t day always at the office? Thinking of playing on the market till Thursday and knocking it on the head then till Monday.

Advertisement