Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Do people see the current virus threat in China as an end to the rally in Chinese stocks, or an opportunity to get in now on the dip before further gains?

You don't even have to look at Chinese stocks. Two of the products I have (adidas (xetra) and nike(NSY)) that have a dependence on Chinese manufacturing plants have taken a hard knock due the virus in the last few days. I doubled my Adidas stock after it dipped on Tuesday but I dived in too soon. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Tanking again due to Kung Flu :(

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭greenfield21

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

Do people see the current virus threat in China as an end to the rally in Chinese stocks, or an opportunity to get in now on the dip before further gains?

I see it as an opportunity.
    buying positions in LK and meituan dianping, already have nio
    here's my thorough research :pac::pac::pac:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112430406&postcount=44

seriously though if you
    missed starbucks buy LK instead,
    missed just-eat buy meituan dianping instead,
    missed tesla buy nio instead

Theres also some funds if you want a piece of everything
    kweb for example https://www.etf.com/KWEB#overview

careful this week though could dump hard

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

TSLA is flirting with 700$ today.

10 minutes ago it was flirting, now it's wearing the face off 700$ and it's hands are-a-roaming.

• Advertisement

Can’t believe it, told myself $500 would be the crest of the wave...that was only a month ago!

Can’t believe it, told myself $500 would be the crest of the wave...that was only a month ago!

It's getting crazy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,933 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

$780! This is just like the Bitcoin spike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Thargor wrote: »
    $780! This is just like the Bitcoin spike.

Tesla market cap - $140 billion

Current entire Bitcoin cap - $169 billion

I know which I feel has the better chance of returns moving forward!

Love the idea of Tesla, cannot believe the value of Tesla given all the manufacturing and sales figures.

World gone mad.

Tesla market cap - $140 billion

Current entire Bitcoin cap - $169 billion

I know which I feel has the better chance of returns moving forward!

Love the idea of Tesla, cannot believe the value of Tesla given all the manufacturing and sales figures.

World gone mad.

Over 850$ in pre-market. I still think it's got 2/300% upside in the next five years but surely going to drop soon when the eurphoria dies down.
    Was holding long term but hard to resist pocketing 70% gains and picking up more when it drops...or if it drops.

880$ now...wtf is going on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

What do people think of NIO for long term 5+ years?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,282 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Green, green everywhere!

Even Hive and VSTM!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Anyone know tax implications with investing on Tokyo exchange?

Looking at CyberDyne and Panasonic

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Feck another one I sold to early The TradeDesk(Ttd) up over 10% today. Blimey. I can't see a reason for it though??? Amazon announced an increase in ad revenue in their earnings so this may be reason??
    My only ad tech play now is tremor international, on AIM so probably a complete Ponzi scheme but I think it's worth a punt for short term. Lots of growth in the connected tv space.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭liamoreilly

... Just spotted this thread now... Have been investing probably 3 years now, mostly in Visa, Netflix at time and amazon... Last 3 months have changed strategy and now buying stocks that are releasing earnings that day after close of business, that look like they will be ahead of estimates and consistently beats estimates...it has actually been alot more successful than I thought , so Wonder if anyone else follows this kinda strategy?...
    ...Also, the more I look at read about and hear about Disney, the more I'm falling in love!!!...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Sweet to see smurfit soaring today, bought at 23 last year but got out at 33.50 before watching it go 10% higher up to Xmas

Bought back in the past week under 32 as i expected earnings to impress and they really have

CRH up in a few weeks, thought it might drop back to low thirties but its back up again so unlikely to open a position until i see what way earnings go , owned it last year from 25 to 30

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Sweet to see smurfit soaring today, bought at 23 last year but got out at 33.50 before watching it go 10% higher up to Xmas

Bought back in the past week under 32 as i expected earnings to impress and they really have

CRH up in a few weeks, thought it might drop back to low thirties but its back up again

Love the Smurfit dividends!
    Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation for the 12 months rose by 7% to €1.65 billion and the company is recommending a final dividend of 80.9 cent per share, a 12% increase on 2018.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2020/0205/1113239-smurfit-kappa-full-year-results/

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭bizidea

What price are smurfitt shares at the minute

bizidea wrote: »
    What price are smurfitt shares at the minute

Closed today at 34.00

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭bizidea

BailMeOut wrote: »
    Closed today at 34.00

Are their dividends paid annually what % are you talking a year

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

... Just spotted this thread now... Have been investing probably 3 years now, mostly in Visa, Netflix at time and amazon... Last 3 months have changed strategy and now buying stocks that are releasing earnings that day after close of business, that look like they will be ahead of estimates and consistently beats estimates...it has actually been alot more successful than I thought , so Wonder if anyone else follows this kinda strategy?...
    ...Also, the more I look at read about and hear about Disney, the more I'm falling in love!!!...

This is not investing, it’s speculation and worse than the dogs or the hoses because at least the horses and the dogs don’t give the tips.

A couple of analysts of questionable experience and no insight make a prediction and you bet on their ability to get it right or wrong, the odds are 50/50 and has nothing to do with the quality of the business and your investing skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭themossinator

be careful betting on earnings results, wouldn't advise unless doing it with options you can get badly burned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Buying on or near earnings announcements can be a clever move ... but the market insiders are usually well ahead of your regular pleb retail investor. Soo prepare to be out foxed most of the time.

bizidea wrote: »
    Are their dividends paid annually what % are you talking a year

twice annually but see attached for full details going back to 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Anyone know tax implications with investing on Tokyo exchange?

Looking at CyberDyne and Panasonic
    Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭XMG

I day trade and never, ever hold into earnings, no matter who it is or what the talking heads say, it’s a rule I don’t break. Have I missed making money? Yes, but I’d have lost way more over time. You’d be better of at the roulette table.

Back in mid-november I said that some cannabis stocks were worth looking at for the following few months. Aphria, Cronos and Canopy have returned some decent gains though they have given up quite a bit of these gains over the last few weeks.
    Aurora is now having the problems that were predicted and quite a bit from where it was mid-November.
    The CEO is gone and staff is being cut in an attempt to save cash and turn things around.

This will drag down the sector today but I still think companies like Aphria and Canopy who have plenty of cash (especially Canopy) have a bright future. Aphria has always been my favoured pick and I'll be keeping a close eye on today's proceedings hoping to pick up a few for around $4.

Baron oil ...... risen x10 this week after an RNS on Monday. There's been plenty buying and selling but even from current prices one would imagine it's a good buy.

RNS .. ........ https://www.lse.co.uk/rns/BOIL/information-on-the-chuditch-1-discovery-ucctscves3fh1xr.html

Current price 0.42 GBX

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Back in mid-november I said that some cannabis stocks were worth looking at for the following few months. Aphria, Cronos and Canopy have returned some decent gains though they have given up quite a bit of these gains over the last few weeks.
    Aurora is now having the problems that were predicted and quite a bit from where it was mid-November.
    The CEO is gone and staff is being cut in an attempt to save cash and turn things around.

This will drag down the sector today but I still think companies like Aphria and Canopy who have plenty of cash (especially Canopy) have a bright future. Aphria has always been my favoured pick and I'll be keeping a close eye on today's proceedings hoping to pick up a few for around $4.

I got out of hexocorp sharpish anyway, run like a joke shop the more I researched it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭themossinator

Bob Harris wrote: »

Canopy earnings report on Feb 13th

Advertisement