Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Share Picks 2020

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 186 ✭✭Kickstart1.3

I'll be keeping my powder dry for now. Once results from the airlines start to materialise then I think there will be another Bloodbath across all the airlines. I'd be expecting all of them to go well below the March lows. Why gamble with the likes of IAG when you could be able to pick up Ryanair sub €8 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

I'll be keeping my powder dry for now. Once results from the airlines start to materialise then I think there will be another Bloodbath across all the airlines. I'd be expecting all of them to go well below the March lows. Why gamble with the likes of IAG when you could be able to pick up Ryanair sub €8 again.

Terrible results wont be any surprise and if they're less bad than expected you may well see them pop.

Why gamble with the likes of IAG when you could be able to pick up Ryanair sub €8 again.

Why would Ryanair be less of a gamble, they have large reserves, but don't IAG also?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

For those of you into your electric car stocks, $SPAQ is one I’m considering as there is a possible imminent merger with Fisker

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭peterofthebr

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    For those of you into your electric car stocks, $SPAQ is one I’m considering as there is a possible imminent merger with Fisker

..so many of these EV stocks - Buy the rumour, sell the news :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Tesla, the gift that keeps on giving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

What are peoples thoughts on rolls royce?

Its a slow one if anything. Long term of 7 years.
    Its now at bottom low of this whole situation.
    They make their money on mainteance contracts which depend on aircraft engines running. Per mile type of servicing.
    They've plenty of history of recoveries after crashes.
    Well established brand and some diversified sectors like power n defense.
    They already own the same contracts to existing jobs which will immediately begin again when flying resumes. The current flying is small and proportionally still makes profit for RR.

They are burning cash quickly this year. Fixing that with 9k layoffs. They've some bigger liabilities than I'd like n certainly might ask for assistance in future.

Another risk is that management has some downward decline SP before covid. Which has me second guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

manonboard wrote: »
    What are peoples thoughts on rolls royce?

Its a slow one if anything. Long term of 7 years.
    Its now at bottom low of this whole situation.
    They make their money on mainteance contracts which depend on aircraft engines running. Per mile type of servicing.
    They've plenty of history of recoveries after crashes.
    Well established brand and some diversified sectors like power n defense.
    They already own the same contracts to existing jobs which will immediately begin again when flying resumes. The current flying is small and proportionally still makes profit for RR.

They are burning cash quickly this year. Fixing that with 9k layoffs. They've some bigger liabilities than I'd like n certainly might ask for assistance in future.

Another risk is that management has some downward decline SP before covid. Which has me second guessing.

Yeah I added it to my watchlist yesterday, It hasn't really rocketed back like alot of stocks since March.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Why would Ryanair be less of a gamble, they have large reserves, but don't IAG also?

I have a few shares of IAG. Will buy more if they dip under £2. Very low P/E, good reserves of cash etc. and remember these
    were £6 before Covid.

Should be a solid bet into the future.

Look at $WIMI today and after hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

My portfolio is a lot of growth stocks, have been on fire for the past 4 months, but every once in a while get a day like today:
    S&P +1.05%
    Dow +1.44%
    Nasdaq +0.66%
    Shedite27 -1.48%

Have had a whopper few weeks but it's always a bit strange when Yahoo Finance tells me "markets are up" and you open the app to see red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Kamu

Look at $WIMI today and after hours

%280+ if anyone was.on that, they'll be very happy.

airlne stocks if there is another wave..airline stocks will be screaming 'pull up!, pull up!,.pull up!...' - too risky imo..ryanair needs to go sub 8.50 for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

airlne stocks if there is another wave..airline stocks will be screaming 'pull up!, pull up!,.pull up!...' - too risky imo..ryanair needs to go sub 8.50 for me.

United airlines could be a shout if they go sub 25/26 imo. A far cry from 90.23 this day last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭BillyBiggs

Timmaay wrote: »
    Tesla, the gift that keeps on giving.

What kind of week lies ahead for TSLA. I know there is the S&P500 hype and that they will release results on 22nd, but will these factors translate into gains this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

There's Buzz Tesla's going to join S&P 500, and they're up 4% in pre-market

$SPAQ pre market
    BOOM...!!!

I picked these up @ $16.75 3 days ago, already up 18%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Q2 earning announcement season. Economy closed throughout, record unemployment and new daily cases breaking March /April numbers

Yet stocks and futures up!

I don't get it. Does the real economy even matter anymore when it comes to stock movements?

Q2 earning announcement season. Economy closed throughout, record unemployment and new daily cases breaking March /April numbers

Yet stocks and futures up!

I don't get it. Does the real economy even matter anymore when it comes to stock movements?

the economy and the stock market are so far apart these days

as long as their is general sentiment out there that the FED will continue to pump money, stocks will grow
    Once they stop, thats when you need to watch out

• Advertisement

the usa market needs to cool off for a bit, but prob wont untill there is vacine concerns ..the no of new cavid cases does not seem to matter...there seems to be a unwarrented optimism in EV stocks

the economy and the stock market are so far apart these days

as long as their is general sentiment out there that the FED will continue to pump money, stocks will grow
    Once they stop, thats when you need to watch out

Go home stockmarket, you are drunk!

$SPAQ pre market
    BOOM...!!!

I picked these up @ $16.75 3 days ago, already up 18%

Hmmm I prob shoulda got out at that quick 21$ pop and ran, for a stock that i didn't know existed before Friday.

.. for a stock that i didn't know existed before Friday.

Ah, stop showing up your own limitations :p

Hi All, newbie here.

I was trying to order some shares on Saturday and It says outstanding till now.

The current share price has increased from what it was selling at on saturday so i suspect the order might not go through.

Are you supposed to increase the price when you want to order? Can i cancel and reorder?

Degiro doesnt want to allow me spend my full money, i end up having €5 left. Is there an explanation for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

emulsifier wrote: »
    Hi All, newbie here.

I was trying to order some shares on Saturday and It says outstanding till now.

The current share price has increased from what it was selling at on saturday so i suspect the order might not go through.

Are you supposed to increase the price when you want to order? Can i cancel and reorder?

Degiro doesnt want to allow me spend my full money, i end up having €5 left. Is there an explanation for this?

You can cancel and reorder. You can also increase the limit buy price by editing your order

This doesn't cost anything to do either.

Can we short Tesla yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

OwlsZat wrote: »
    Bought into INO and VXRT yesterday after getting my head around how the COVID19 news that came out of Spain re the lack of herd immunity. Looks like when it does come out we going to be dosing COVID19 vaccines for quite some time. Both are showing promise and are part of project "warp speed"

Up 30% and 10% respectively. The news out of Spain and the UK looks like we will be COVID19ing until a vaccine is found. Which could be sometime...

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Can we short Tesla yet

risky

Can we short Tesla yet

My view on shorting anything is that it's bloody well hard enough to time the market in one direction, without trying to double down and time it in the other direction also. And across time the market goes up, so your really swimming against the tide shorting.

• Advertisement

My view on shorting anything is that it's bloody well hard enough to time the market in one direction, without trying to double down and time it in the other direction also. And across time the market goes up, so your really swimming against the tide shorting.

especially when the trend is moving upward, its double risky

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭jams100

jams100 wrote: »
    Pfizer is a good shout for an investment with a decent dividend (4.5%).
    There revenue isn't growing though so I wouldn't expect a significant gain in their share price mightn't be a bad one to short soon if you know what your doing

Did anyone bite? Up 7.5% over the past 3 weeks :)

the market is crazy..anyway i sold out of spce and cemi just now , only buying/selling a 100-150 shares in each with aim to make >$100 profit on each trade until i see another falling knife chance to get into the market....anyway a profit is a profit .

Holding onto my $SPCE for now

$CRON looks interesting...digging me some weed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

Can I buy shares in a FTSE aim all share index company tru degiro?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

It might be time to look out for rotation out of tech stocks, maybe some laggards could pick up some momentum or some pharma stocks looking at mrk, bmy, pfe not sure yet still browsing around.

My Portfolio and current daily performance:
    Fastly -12%
    GAN -11%
    Docusign -10%
    Peleton -10%
    Livongo -10%
    Datadog -9%
    Crowdstrike -8%
    Draftkings -8%
    Square -7%
    Shopify -6%
    Pintrest -6%
    Trade Desk -6%
    Twilio -6%
    Sea -6%
    Atlassian -5%
    Spotify -5%

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

SOLO is at a good price.

Das Reich wrote: »
    SOLO is at a good price.

Dropping like a stone, hard to know where the bottom is. Similar Ayro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Das Reich wrote: »
    SOLO is at a good price.

I'd be very careful.

Bob Harris wrote: »
    I'd be very careful.

Would consider if it went sub $2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Kamu

Would consider if it went sub $2.

Rug might have been pulled from SOLO now considering there has been many dips and rises over the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Fastly -12%
    GAN -11%
    Docusign -10%
    Peleton -10%
    Livongo -10%
    Datadog -9%
    Crowdstrike -8%
    Draftkings -8%
    Square -7%
    Shopify -6%
    Pintrest -6%
    Trade Desk -6%
    Twilio -6%
    Sea -6%
    Atlassian -5%
    Spotify -5%

GAN and Draftkings fairly got hammered today. Penn held up pretty well though.

Might pick up some more GAN if they fall into the $22's tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭jams100

Fastly -12%
    GAN -11%
    Docusign -10%
    Peleton -10%
    Livongo -10%
    Datadog -9%
    Crowdstrike -8%
    Draftkings -8%
    Square -7%
    Shopify -6%
    Pintrest -6%
    Trade Desk -6%
    Twilio -6%
    Sea -6%
    Atlassian -5%
    Spotify -5%

I dread to think what that equates to in $$$

Your portfolio is a bit heavy on tech no? Seems like this was inevitable

Also have draftkings always seems to
    constantly disappoint lately, still going to hold it long term.

Is there any particular reason Gan and draftkings got a hammering yet penn didn't?

Will keep an eye on Gan and grab some if it goes sub 20.

jams100 wrote: »
    I dread to think what that equates to in $$$

Your portfolio is a bit heavy on tech no? Seems like this was inevitable
    I don't really see them as Tech, most are completely different industries, albeit all using technology. Funny thing is even with a hit like that it only negates about a week of gains. Nasdaq stocks have been on a ridiculous roll. A pullback was well overdue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Mad day - my portfolio was up 3% early in the session but finished down almost 4%! Tesla and Shopify the main culprits after a strong opening, along with GAN and Draftkings. Brings me back to where it was mid last week. Pullback was inevitable after the recent run up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

Can I buy shares in a FTSE aim all share index company tru degiro?
    Thanks for your help

yesterday, great start - bad finish
    now is the time to engage the left side of the brain now and be rational rather than emotional and look at buying opportunities

Thanks for your help

You're welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Jesper

hottipper wrote: »
    It might be time to look out for rotation out of tech stocks, maybe some laggards could pick up some momentum or some pharma stocks looking at mrk, bmy, pfe not sure yet still browsing around.

This was a good article I started reading. There is a lot of work gone into it. I'm in Bio Tech and while I'm not aware of a high % of the information what I did know was reported very well.

https://www.fiercepharma.com/special-report/top-15-pharma-companies-by-2026-sales

• Advertisement
Advertisement