Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭greenfield21

The falling euro is the only thing helping my portfolio Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭canonball5

AIM Immunotech (AIM), they had their CEO on Fox news a couple of days ago as they have applied for two patents covering the use of Ampligen to treat and prevent the Coronavirus.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Decent start again today from PAVM

APPS Digital Turbines +12% need this one to recover from its recent dip

I was down over €500 at one point on this and feeling sick to my stomach, yesterday was up over €300 at its peak, hopefully its the start of a journey towards $10 this summer.
    The ER on Monday was pretty decent I felt despite the small revenue miss. I think the aquisition of Mobile Posse with no shareholder dilution is fantastic and is a great fit for the company.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Good earnings for Nvidia up 7% in after market

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Canopy earnings report on Feb 13th

ER out this morning and the market is responding favourably, revenue better than expected and costs are down. Any positive outlook in the call will help.

It's increasingly looking like the big players, Canopy, Cronos and Aphria and going to dominate in the weed market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭heffo500

Bob Harris wrote: »
    ER out this morning and the market is responding favourably, revenue better than expected and costs are down. Any positive outlook in the call will help.

It's increasingly looking like the big players, Canopy, Cronos and Aphria and going to dominate in the weed market.

Canopy Growth up 16.14% in the Pre Market Trading.

Aurora Cannabis Inc up 8.84% in the Pre Market Trading.

Looks like everyone is getting a bump with Canopy's results.

heffo500 wrote: »
    Canopy Growth up 16.14% in the Pre Market Trading.

Aurora Cannabis Inc up 8.84% in the Pre Market Trading.

Looks like everyone is getting a bump with Canopy's results.

The cannabis shares follow each other around like sheep.
    I expect over the next 12 months that the bigger players with the cash and sales will pull away, there'll be some consolidation as smaller companies run out of road and others disappear altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭heffo500

The cannabis shares follow each other around like sheep.
    I expect over the next 12 months that the bigger players with the cash and sales will pull away, there'll be some consolidation as smaller companies run out of road and others disappear altogether.

Hopefully we will see some stable gains over this year.

heffo500 wrote: »
    Hopefully we will see some stable gains over this year.

I'll smoke to that.

Sunpower giving back nearly all the gains made over the last few days. Sake.
    I’m gonna hold anyway, feel it’s a reasonable pure play for the sector.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Coronavirus has me spooked. Expecting this weekend to be make or break. Liquidated a fair bit of my portfolio yesterday and today.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Mach 3

[QUOTE=Supercell;112540069 [BI was down over €500 at one point on this and feeling sick to my stomach,/B] yesterday was up over €300 at its peak, hopefully its the start of a journey towards $10 this summer.
    The ER on Monday was pretty decent I felt despite the small revenue miss. I think the aquisition of Mobile Posse with no shareholder dilution is fantastic and is a great fit for the company.[/QUOTE]

Learn to listen to yourself! Maybe adjust your risk to suit your tolerance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I use TD AMERITRADE

PAVM just hit the $2, up approx 11% today

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Mach 3 wrote: »
    Learn to listen to yourself! Maybe adjust your risk to suit your tolerance.

Lol i see your point, i didn't sell at the lower or the higher points, the heart rules my tummy but my head rules my trading these days.

Lost a fair amount of money before letting my emotions getting in the way of trading in the past, far more profitable closing the laptop and playing with the kids on bad days I find :)
    APPS ER was great in my opinion, nothings changed there, its a low cap stock, volatile as a result. Doing nothing else until the facts or price reaches my re-evaluate targets (8,10,12,14 dollars)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Timmaay wrote: »
    And I bought at 4.50 last week ugh. Small enough stake at least.

Anyone else still in with Virgin Galactic? Over 20$ now, probably overvalued but people seem to be still investing in it simply because it's one of the only space stocks out there.

And the share price has hit orbit now, 27$, (ok poor pun considering they only plan on hitting the edge of space lol). All sold now, I'll happily get back in again if it drops back sub20.

Supercell wrote: »
    Lol i see your point, i didn't sell at the lower or the higher points, the heart rules my tummy but my head rules my trading these days.

Lost a fair amount of money before letting my emotions getting in the way of trading in the past, far more profitable closing the laptop and playing with the kids on bad days I find :)
    APPS ER was great in my opinion, nothings changed there, its a low cap stock, volatile as a result. Doing nothing else until the facts or price reaches my re-evaluate targets (8,10,12,14 dollars)

you only lose it of you cash out, if you believe in the company then hold on through the low points and get more if you can afford it

I'm bullish on Digital T and think $15 is not unreasonable in 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Question guys. What platform do you use for trading?

I use IG and XTB. But I do find the charges add up. Especially on IG. Any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭championc

I like a large number on here use DeGiro. I only trade US Stocks now because, with such a low trade cost, you can dip in and out and make a few quid, rather than having to make something like 5% before being able to break even

I use TD AMERITRADE

PAVM just hit the $2, up approx 11% today

PAVM is blowing away today
    Up to $2.35 now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

I'll smoke to that.

Lesson No. 2: Don't get high on your own supply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

PAVM is blowing away today
    Up to $2.35 now

Wonder how long are its legs. Up over 100% on it now but it’s a small amount.

Doodee wrote: »
    Wonder how long are its legs. Up over 100% on it now but it’s a small amount.

how long is a piece of string

I mentioned this on the 2019 share picks thread around xmas time when it had just gone above the $1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

championc wrote: »
    I like a large number on here use DeGiro. I only trade US Stocks now because, with such a low trade cost, you can dip in and out and make a few quid, rather than having to make something like 5% before being able to break even

I'll give them a look.

They don't seem to do spread betting?

any thoughts on Apple as a short option right now?

Its been overbought for months and there was news yesterday about production halts due to the coronavirus

Apple trying to generate some news in the mainstream about their new product launch to keep the stock from falling possibly?

I was expecting a little pull back on PAVM after the mad rally last week, but she's started this week in the same vein of form, up 20% already today

Its currently outpacing any crypto I'm invested in

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Got out of barrick gold mid January, off course gold miners are rallying now.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

Blink charging doing well, rumors of buyout

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

Anybody know why (SDGR) Schrodinger, Inc. is not listed on degiro yet?
    ipo 6th feb wonder what the delay

• Registered Users Posts: 17,933 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

hottipper wrote: »
    Anybody know why (SDGR) Schrodinger, Inc. is not listed on degiro yet?
    ipo 6th feb wonder what the delay
    Give them a ring and they'll list it for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Glad I brought Facebook post earnings, seems to be gaining some momentum now, perhaps some of the apple money will move over, often happens

Advertisement