Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do you use PC part picker UK?

Options
  • 28-12-2019 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭

I looked up PC part picker Germany and it was much cheaper than when selecting the UK shops on parts picker. Is there a reson the UK one is listed here for builds?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

Easier to buy? Pay less for shipping? Less hassle when You have to RMA.
    Simple example, Rx5700xt on Amazon it's 467€ with free shipping. From Germany 447€, whole 20€ less but I would need to pay 35€+ for shipping. Sometimes price can be seen better but You have to take into consideration different aspects like price, cost of shipping, customer support.
    Like I a lot of the times I use Amazon even if the price can be sometimes higher than somewhere else, why You could ask? Simple, during my years of dozens of purchases on Amazon I never had an issue with customer support when on the other hand, some of the other stores I used sometimes caused my blood to raise too high even with simple things like easy replacement of a broken part.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Most of the German sites don't ship to Ireland (which is technically illegal under EU law).
    Also better to deal with English-speaking customer support.

Depending on which week you buy in, you can avail of a weak pound, too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Most of the German sites don't ship to Ireland (which is technically illegal under EU law).
    Also better to deal with English-speaking customer support.

Really? I wonder how hardwareversand.de got away with it for so long. That was a great website

Advertisement