Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jars .....

Options
  • 28-12-2019 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭

:) Anyone else do this?

tn-P4270306.jpg

That's my jars, that is. Growing up, every Real Mans shed had jars like that in them. 2 oz Golden Virginia tins too.

I'm thinking of getting the kiddies school to send a bus load of chavvies out here, to come into my work room and see all my tools, and my jars. Then, the boys will grow up always remembering what a Real Mans 'shed' should look like.

And the girls can stay in the kitchen, and make us sammiches :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yep, very handy.

You did it a lot neater than I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

A set of clear LED Christmas lights would look tidy
    Drilling two 5mm holes in to the lid on each jar
    Then inserting the lights
    All jars would become illuminated then, would take a bit of time to do along with hiding the cables

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭Stigura

LMFAO!!! But, Why, Len? Why?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

Stigura wrote: »

Dunno lol

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Would be an idea if the jars were against a wall that had poor light, as you could easily see the jars contents, but not waste too much electricity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Have a heap of them on the underside of an attic in the shed, up between the 7 by 2s. Handy for small stuff, one is full of different bookie pens down the years, another golf course pencils. Woe betide anyone who goes near them :-)

Woe betide anyone who goes near them :-)

Yep. My little work room's my sanctuary from the world. I go in there and stand at my bench with my back to the door. Literally, as well as figuratively, turning my back on the hum drum.

I lock my Dogs in here, when I go in there, too. Just me. My tools. My jars :)

Man's got to have that space.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭cheif kaiser

:) Anyone else do this?
    That's my jars, that is. Growing up, every Real Mans shed had jars like that in them. 2 oz Golden Virginia tins too.

. Then, the boys will grow up always remembering what a Real Mans 'shed' should look like.

And the girls can stay in the kitchen, and make us sammiches :)

:D:D:D:D:D

How insulting! Considering you are showing off a rubbishy looking shelf of JARs

I happen to be of the Female variety and can guarantee that my shed is muchhhh better decked out than your shed.

Not only am I extremely adept at most aspects of DIY. I can also rustle up a pair of curtains within an hour. Reupholster furniture, makes a full kids Halloween costume including, shirt, pants and chaps. Take apart and fix/reassemble any phone/computer. Create a website, write HTML and Cook.

So maybe it's you that should be in the kitchen rustling up the sandwiches! :D

:D:D:D:D:DI Got A Bite!!!!! Grinning Like James Brown! :D:D:D:D:D

Honestly sat here, in tears of laughter! Bless ye, Cheif Kaiser!

(Bloody Dogs are looking at me: " What's up with Dad?! ") Made my day, you legend! :D

I was (mike) chatting, to my fifty odd year old friend in NZ, tonight. I ran my (This original) post past her. Not a murmur. She knows me too well, by now!

Happens, today (31st) is my birthday. May I be forgiven then, in these contexts, for sharing what my friend and I agree ~ after I showed her ~ is one of the greatest ...... Enjoy! :)

Now; Rivets ....?

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭cheif kaiser

Well Happy Birthday!

Hopefully someone will give you some new jars to add to your collection, an maybe even some fairy lights to make them look pretty :D

I was going to adopt that idea, but better, of course, but as it's only suitable for a Man's shed, I'll stick with the storage bins I have ;)

Here's one I like ....

• Advertisement

:p

Advertisement